New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

Guest Loo Eli

I was in Macy's yesterday and Wake Me Up came on the speaker. The song is growing on me. The song's uplifting, joyous country qualities are what's giving me hope and allowing me to look beyond Avicii's use of generic beats. If Madonna pushes him to move beyond these limitations then I think we will have something to look forward to.

The acoustic covers of Wake Me Up still way more compelling to me than the radio friendly version, even on first listen.....it does sound better sung by a guy for some reason, though. ???

I think it's pretty much a given it's going to be this year. To be talking about recording with avicii this early in the year and then not actually get it out there until a year later would be kind of anticlimactic

From your LIPS... :wow:

Anybody else getting the feeling we may get the album in time for 4th quarter 2014?

Dying!

:wow:

I think we're going to have a song released by this summer.

My guess is that, in terms of an album release, it's going to be all about building hype and releasing singles ahead of the album release. Not to help album sales, but to help tour sales.

(Don't want to derail the conversation, but need to clarify what I'm saying above: I would be shocked if singles and album were not being done in the service of touring. With that in mind, those that think Madonna doesn't need hits to sell out concerts on a massive scale are misguided, as much as I would love to believe them. The MDNA Tour was preceded by flop singles but came on the tailwinds of the Super Bowl appearance, where Madonna presented a very different show that the one she ended up putting on. That performance was probably what the general public bought MDNA concert tickets for: to see a show full of hits, tame, super high-energy, not violent, not sexual.)

M is trying ideas with London-based, Norwegian producer Fred Ball at the moment, and they have booked studio time together in April. He has already given M some beats that she is writing lyrics to now, apparently. Norwegian artist Bertine Zetlitz (who worked with Fred Ball on her previous albums) told my bff and fellow Madonna fan this some days ago! You can read more about him here:

http://www.fredballmusic.com

mtribeforum

Edited by WayBackHome

Guest Not4Pussies

I really hope the album artwork, theme,concept is tight and concrete. That it all makes sense and she sticks with It. All her her albums up to Confessions have done that. The HC boxing theme was dropped and misused. And the good girl gone wild, faster kill pussycat theme she had going on for mdna was perfect, but where Is all of that in the album artwork? It made no sense.

The acoustic covers of Wake Me Up still way more compelling to me than the radio friendly version, even on first listen.....it does sound better sung by a guy for some reason, though. ???

The best version, IMO, is the one featured on Aloe Blacc's latest album. Aloe Blacc co-wrote the song and is the vocalist featured on Avicii's version.

M is trying ideas with London-based, Norwegian producer Fred Ball at the moment, and they have booked studio time together in April. He has already given M some beats that she is writing lyrics to now, apparently. Norwegian artist Bertine Zetlitz (who worked with Fred Ball on her previous albums) told my bff and fellow Madonna fan this some days ago! You can read more about him here:

mtribeforum

"He has worked with everyone from KT Tunstall, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, JLS, M.I.A., Daley, Bernhoft, Kylie , Brett Anderson and Little Mix over the last few years. He's published by Sony/ATV and managed by Roc Nation"

From his website

I really hope the album artwork, theme,concept is tight and concrete. That it all makes sense and she sticks with It. All her her albums up to Confessions have done that. The HC boxing theme was dropped and misused. And the good girl gone wild, faster kill pussycat theme she had going on for mdna was perfect, but where Is all of that in the album artwork? It made no sense.

I agree. I really miss her strong, cohesive themes throughout an album cycle.

I always said this and i will say it again. The Superbowl ruined MDNA.

That's why she chose a song like that for a single...and it was a waste!

Let's hope the next first single is better then the last one!

I want another Hung Up type of hit! :D

I think it was all the other projects that "ruined" MDNA. Too much on her plate. But it was obvious the first single was made specifically for/because of the Superbowl. I don't get the GMAYL hate though because to me it was a fun song :laugh: a masterpiece? Maybe not.....but it was one of the better songs on the album.

Robyn opened Sticky and Sweet Europe dates (the majority) for Madonna in 2008. I saw her in Montenegro. I think I remember Robyn praised Madonna on more than one occasion.

Robyn said in interview that she disliked opening for madonna because she was cold and distant

There are Stan's throwing in their Stan cards for this. Think that's kinda sad

Good riddance. They are not stans. They are miserable trolls. They are fairweather fans at best. Constantly whining and nitpicking. Even in discussions about her glory days they supposedly love they turn it into a bashfest about her. :manson: Typical MadonnatTriPe forum and TheOtherSNore forum trash!

Robyn said in interview that she disliked opening for madonna because she was cold and distant

um

MTV News | Robyn Takes Back 'Sticky' Comments

"Who Am I To Judge Madonna?"

Mar 13, 2009

Source: By Penelope Quinn

Last week, more than a few media outlets reported that Swedish pop star Robyn was miffed at her treatment on the Madonna 'Sticky And Sweet' tour.

According to various news sites, including musicnews.virginmedia.com, the 'With Every Heartbeat' singer reporteded to a Swedish newspaper that she and her crew were given strict rules about how to behave on the tour.

Robyn reportedly said: "We were told not to approach Madonna, not to speak to Madonna and, above all, no pictures. I hadn't expected any glamour, but it's strange that they assume that the first thing you're gonna do is run after Madonna and ask for an autograph." She added: "My worst nightmare would be to turn into Madonna. Madonna is constantly chasing the latest trends."

The Swedish pop star also revealed she and Madonna never even met formerly during the tour.

She said: "It's very business, her management called my management, It's not like she calls you and asks you. "I don't know how Madonna got in touch with my music but I'm told she likes it, which is cool."

But seems like either Robyn's interview was taken out of context, or the singer had a lamentful moment and decided it was probably not in her best interests to trash talk the entity that was helping to deliver her music to millions.

Robyn has since sent in an exclusive statement to Perezhilton.com, which elaborates on her previous comments.

"Seeing that a lot has been reported about my experience of being on tour with Madonna in the press, I feel like I have to tell it like it is! So with my own words, here I go:

I got a chance to go on tour with Madonna in Europe and like any one who's been a fan of her since the age of ten I was super exited. Contrary to what you might have read elsewhere its been FUN! I've played to Madonna's audience in eleven different cities, all of which have received us well even though I was only the opening act. Me and my band got to know Madonna's production team and they were very helpful. Madonna's management was super cool and we hung out with the band and dancers and had a lot of fun with them. When I met her at the end of the tour she was really cool and natural. I got a chance to thank her for putting me on and she even told me she was a fan! It was a very special moment i will never forget.

When I arrived on the first day of the tour I was surprised by the tight security that involved us as well. It took a couple of days to find my place on this big adventure but the tour has been a once in a lifetime experience. I have gotten the rare opportunity to see an enormous production from the inside and get the chance to perform in front of tens of thousands of people at every show.

In one interview I was asked if I wanted a career like Madonna's and I said no, my worst nightmare would be trying to be a Madonna. She's an icon and a pioneer, but only Madonna can be Madonna. It would be sad to try to copy her model. Times are different nowadays as well. Even if I tried, it would be hard to build what she has achieved in the climate of the music industry today. I want to be me and work from my own small independent record company.

I want to be left alone in my creative process. I imagine she has lots and lots of people telling her things. Every one watches her every move. Obviously she can cope with that, but for me that pressure would be a burden. Too many other people have cracked under much less pressure in the music world and as a woman it's even harder to stay at the top. The peer pressure, fashion mags and media celebrate youth, beauty and the new in females and most people are lucky to stay around for 5 years. I learned that next to the president of the United States of America, Madonna must be the most famous person on earth whose every little move is watched by millions and a complete security state is surrounding her!

Im from a little country called Sweden where even though a lot of people know me here, I still can go to the store and buy milk in my underwear. And I would love to keep that for me.

But who am I to judge her? Watching her on stage during the tour I could tell that she was really enjoying herself. She is probably doing exactly what she wants to do and thats why she is so inspiring. I want to be like that as well, I want to be myself."

Poor Robyn, We're guessing righ about now she is experiencing a crash course in media trickery and sensationalised headlines!

But who am I to judge her? Watching her on stage during the tour I could tell that she was really enjoying herself. She is probably doing exactly what she wants to do and thats why she is so inspiring. I want to be like that as well, I want to be myself."

Wonderfully said, Robyn. :wow:

um

MTV News | Robyn Takes Back 'Sticky' Comments

"Who Am I To Judge Madonna?"

Mar 13, 2009

Source: By Penelope Quinn

Last week, more than a few media outlets reported that Swedish pop star Robyn was miffed at her treatment on the Madonna 'Sticky And Sweet' tour.

According to various news sites, including musicnews.virginmedia.com, the 'With Every Heartbeat' singer reporteded to a Swedish newspaper that she and her crew were given strict rules about how to behave on the tour.

Robyn reportedly said: "We were told not to approach Madonna, not to speak to Madonna and, above all, no pictures. I hadn't expected any glamour, but it's strange that they assume that the first thing you're gonna do is run after Madonna and ask for an autograph." She added: "My worst nightmare would be to turn into Madonna. Madonna is constantly chasing the latest trends."

The Swedish pop star also revealed she and Madonna never even met formerly during the tour.

She said: "It's very business, her management called my management, It's not like she calls you and asks you. "I don't know how Madonna got in touch with my music but I'm told she likes it, which is cool."

But seems like either Robyn's interview was taken out of context, or the singer had a lamentful moment and decided it was probably not in her best interests to trash talk the entity that was helping to deliver her music to millions.

Robyn has since sent in an exclusive statement to Perezhilton.com, which elaborates on her previous comments.

"Seeing that a lot has been reported about my experience of being on tour with Madonna in the press, I feel like I have to tell it like it is! So with my own words, here I go:

I got a chance to go on tour with Madonna in Europe and like any one who's been a fan of her since the age of ten I was super exited. Contrary to what you might have read elsewhere its been FUN! I've played to Madonna's audience in eleven different cities, all of which have received us well even though I was only the opening act. Me and my band got to know Madonna's production team and they were very helpful. Madonna's management was super cool and we hung out with the band and dancers and had a lot of fun with them. When I met her at the end of the tour she was really cool and natural. I got a chance to thank her for putting me on and she even told me she was a fan! It was a very special moment i will never forget.

When I arrived on the first day of the tour I was surprised by the tight security that involved us as well. It took a couple of days to find my place on this big adventure but the tour has been a once in a lifetime experience. I have gotten the rare opportunity to see an enormous production from the inside and get the chance to perform in front of tens of thousands of people at every show.

In one interview I was asked if I wanted a career like Madonna's and I said no, my worst nightmare would be trying to be a Madonna. She's an icon and a pioneer, but only Madonna can be Madonna. It would be sad to try to copy her model. Times are different nowadays as well. Even if I tried, it would be hard to build what she has achieved in the climate of the music industry today. I want to be me and work from my own small independent record company.

I want to be left alone in my creative process. I imagine she has lots and lots of people telling her things. Every one watches her every move. Obviously she can cope with that, but for me that pressure would be a burden. Too many other people have cracked under much less pressure in the music world and as a woman it's even harder to stay at the top. The peer pressure, fashion mags and media celebrate youth, beauty and the new in females and most people are lucky to stay around for 5 years. I learned that next to the president of the United States of America, Madonna must be the most famous person on earth whose every little move is watched by millions and a complete security state is surrounding her!

Im from a little country called Sweden where even though a lot of people know me here, I still can go to the store and buy milk in my underwear. And I would love to keep that for me.

Poor Robyn, We're guessing righ about now she is experiencing a crash course in media trickery and sensationalised headlines!

I love what she said cause it's exactly what's happened to Gaga. She's aware of how times have changed, how Madonna revolutionized her own model to success and how recreating it on any way will look cheap and unoriginal in the long run.

Good riddance. They are not stans. They are miserable trolls. They are fairweather fans at best. Constantly whining and nitpicking. Even in discussions about her glory days they supposedly love they turn it into a bashfest about her. :manson: Typical MadonnatTriPe forum and TheOtherSNore forum trash!

:chuckle:

mtribeforum

Is that the same 'source' that said Madonna's work with Avicii for a song on his deluxe reissue album (our next week) and not hers? :lmao:

I'd love M to wear something modern design, deconstruction cut, Barbara i Gongini !!!BARBARA-I-GONGINI.jpg

I'm all for M working with more Scandinavian producers on the new album!

I've said from the start that she should be working with Royksopp or Fever Ray.

A Robyn collaboration would also be amazing.

Sweden, Iceland and Norway have been leading the way in electronic music for the last decade, in both alternative/experimental and pop production.

THIS.

Most of my favourite pop/indie pop is from there.

I'm very excited about this latest album being created around that influence. :dramatic::wow:

The era would also look great with a viking inspired, chic warrior queen, style.

AND the album titled ENSLAVER. :wow:

Madonna4.jpg

20131021-pictures-madonna-terry-richards

423.jpg

But as always, Madonna will take care of this how she sees fit. :sassy: