New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

I think it's rather obvious that Madonna has been making music with live performance/touring in mind for years now. But I think the emphasis by fans is silly. She's been touring for 30 years and it's never required two straight hours of thumping 4/4 club beats. Some of her greatest performances are midtempo or slow songs. And the shows themselves are a mix of tempos and styles. So even if she is intent on doing a bunch of dance songs to tour with, there's no reason the rest of the album can't be different. Music, AL, HC, and MDNA were all a mix. The issue shouldn't be whether she's making dance music, but whether the songs/collaborators/production is GOOD.

how depressing. I think I prefer the days when she was all about making the music and seemed to hate even the idea of going on tour :lmao:

For years I thought what I enjoyed MOST about Madonna was her tours and videos. In other words, I thought I appreciated her most as a visual artist. But starting w/ "Celebration," I realize how crucial the music is, funny as that may sound. At this point, her music (esp the remixes) are FIRST AND FOREMOST for me; I don't care about a tour or videos this time around near as much as THE MUSIC. I liked MDNA the album, but if I get another entire era of "kid friendly, radio safe, fun (pick your adjective)" singles choices ..and BAD BAD remixes... it's going to seriously start to influence me as a collector. I'll always be a fan.. a MAJOR fan... but scouring for remixes and the like, to the extent I've been doing for decades, may come to an end. Another era of bad single choices will have impacted the discography too substantially to the point where it wouldn't be fun anymore. It's great to look back over the decades and see such wonderful music I all love, then to come to this singles slump since, what, 2010?? Starting w/ Celebration.

Avicci? okay fine. I'll reserve further comment. Just DON'T troll us on those SINGLE CHOICES again. When it comes to tours, videos and practically everything else, she's still got it going on. But, god, those single choices are so important. This is what's worrying me most. I'm sure I'll like the album as a whole. She's yet to fail in that regard.

she originally wanted that guy kavinsky who did a soundtrack from a movie to do her remix of GGW.. what if he said yes and he was now working with her? hmm.

Yeah, he did "Nightcall" for Drive. One of my favorite songs ever. I would die if she worked with Kavinsky.

Now Kavinsky would've been a great choice. His 80s Knightrider sound w/ the Icon of the 80s herself. I also heard he turned her down a few years ago

Now Kavinsky would've been a great choice. His 80s Knightrider sound w/ the Icon of the 80s herself. I also heard he turned her down a few years ago

he's a jerk though. well, at least he seems like a bit of an asshole anyway. he made this huge deal about turning down madonna because "the song sucked". they even made it a headline here cuz you know shitting on M sells :rotfl: but if he would have said yes.. or M would have sent him another song to remix, things could have been very interesting now. although part of me thinks he doesn't like her and maybe would have even turned down ray of light. why would you turn down madonna? even if the song isn't so great.. most people who aren't even fans would jump on the chance anyway. so that to me proves he wouldn't work with her anyway.

Guest Xanthium

he's a jerk though. well, at least he seems like a bit of an asshole anyway. he made this huge deal about turning down madonna because "the song sucked". they even made it a headline here cuz you know shitting on M sells :rotfl: but if he would have said yes.. or M would have sent him another song to remix, things could have been very interesting now. although part of me thinks he doesn't like her and maybe would have even turned down ray of light. why would you turn down madonna? even if the song isn't so great.. most people who aren't even fans would jump on the chance anyway. so that to me proves he wouldn't work with her anyway.

So he doesn't like Madonna because he thinks GGW is shit? It IS shit. I have more respect for him by staying true to himself than take a job just to supposedly further his career. Not every artist is desperate for commercial success. And how do you go from turning down GGW to the idea that he would turn down ROL? That's such an over the top leap of the imagination. You seem to pull a lot of conclusions from out of your ass.

So he doesn't like Madonna because he thinks GGW is shit? It IS shit. I have more respect for him by staying true to himself than take a job just to supposedly further his career. Not every artist is desperate for commercial success. And how do you go from turning down GGW to the idea that he would turn down ROL? That's such an over the top leap of the imagination. You seem to pull a lot of conclusions from out of your ass.

Yeah I respect the guy for turning down a guaranteed fat payout, though he probably could've been more gracious about it. Personally I think it was a mistake though yet it's true what you said about GGW. I've grown to like it but if she had given that to me and it was the first time I heard it... someone who would sell their mother to remix for Madonna.. I would've been like, erm, uhm, I'm I being Punk'd? A different single and she might've had a chance (not that she's loosing any sleep over it). I could see his style working for Love Spent, but not GGW. In fact, it's kinda laughable.

Guest Xanthium

I just listened to his album OutRun (which is very influenced by '80s movie soundtracks and rap/soul) and there are many driving themes throughout. Therefore, it would've been pretty awesome if he had remixed Gang Bang. That would've been right up his alley.

who's "Moe" ??

Moe posts here and they have good connections to Madonna. They posted lots of accurate information about the MDNA tour that people didn't believe such as LAV being performed.

Basement Jaxx turned down remixing Me Against The Music because they said it was crap too. I imagine for many young producers that Madonna is not a big deal to work with. She's not getting the hits now and you only get paid a flat fee for remixing so why remix a song you font like?

I've recently been listening to Fall in Love by Phantogram and it reminds me of Madonna for some reason. I don't think many people would agree with me but I could imagine her doing a song like this. The music in it reminds me of the Louis Vuitton making of video too. Honestly would love something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCESHlmQICk

you know what, I agree. perhaps I shouldn't have talked about ROL. there is no problem with not working on a remix of a song that he hates, and there shouldn't be. but the way in which he kept on making it a point and showing pride that he turned down madonna showed it was more about M than about the song. I wouldn't call that imagination or even women's intuition, just logic thinking.

Indeed, and he also worked with Nile rodgers on this track which sounds kinda disco/80's. After all maybe those Italo disco inspired album rumors are true

very nice collaboration here!!!!

NEWS : Someone on Madonntribe is saying it is for HIS album and not for hers.

The guy on tribe says :

"It is for HIS album. It will keep her in musical view until her own stuff is ready.

Avicii is releasing a new version of his album "True" where he reinterprets each and every track in his own style, including the chart topping "Wake me up", "You make me" and "Hey brother". The remixed "True" is set for release on March 24, as Avicii tours Europe and North America."

Another member asked him if he was sure, he answered YES.

People on tribe who usually do not believe any "insider info" from members all believe him as they say he has always been reliable with his insiders info, like Moe here.

Interesting.

His remix album is indeed out on the 24th so that might be true....but then again isn't it a little late to be still making music when the release date is less than a fortnight away?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRUE-Avicii/dp/B00INGB9QM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1394534607&sr=8-7&keywords=avicii

Not really, especially with Electro EDM djs, once they have the vocals recorded, the can add them on their instrumental track and mix it all over one night. Actually Avicii did his remix of Girl Gone Wild in less then 24 hours, he said it himself, they sent him the vocals and he added them on one of his instrumentals over a night, so 3 weeks is really enough time for one track.

Interesting.

His remix album is indeed out on the 24th so that might be true...but then again isn't it a little late to be working on it when the release date is so close?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRUE-Avicii/dp/B00INGB9QM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1394534607&sr=8-7&keywords=avicii

Maybe she just re-did the vocals for one of his old songs, so it could be already done and ready for master.