New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

We all actually do not know the full story yet. This might be for a separate project altogether or one of those "Avicii featuring so and so" kind of scenarios. I'm just happy that something musically creative is happening.

It does feel like something significant is brewing. All of those appearances in the last month coupled with a blatant collaboration announcement on instagram are probably not just a series of accidents. It's as if there is much more intention towards keeping her name lingering in the stratosphere. I'm actually surprised she mentioned Avicii. It's more her style to let us feast on a heaping pile decaying rumors, wishful speculation, and "he said/she said's".

Whatever it is, bring it on.

I just hope she doesn't settle and that her mind isn't on creating something that will 'fit in' with what is charting now. Let's face it, radio won't touch her so why bother trying to appease them? Take a risk in sound. You're more likely to get interest from doing something different and offbeat than trying to standout with the same sounds and lyrical themes of the young ones in the game.

I'm listening on spotify. He actually reminds me of basement jaxx with some of the tracks. I'm all on board for this.

I would love her to work with Basement Jaxx! They are so versatile and know how to craft a catchy tune. I think they would go interesting places with Madonna. :dramatic:

This is great news because I was really hoping for another Turn Up The Radio said no Madonna fan ever.

I just heard the tragic news and came here immediately. RIP. So sad.

Doing some house work after 4 hours of sleep which is why i cant spell! On my way to the studio to work with Avicii! #clean

:lmao:

:lmao:

Guest Xanthium

But good luck to Madonna & Avicii. They better pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Seriously. Avicii is awful. I just listened to Silhouettes, Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, Addicted to You and You Make Me. Utter garbage. I'd rather her work with will.i.am. If she wants to work with club DJs with a mainstream sound, she should work with Richard Vission. His recent two songs with Luciana are delicious club bangers.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to her working with Avicii but I'm actually feeling kinda indifferent about her next album. I don't look to Madonna to fulfill my dance music needs anymore so if she makes some good pop songs that I can enjoy, I can deal with it. I fulfill my need for edgy, hard beats elsewhere from other artists anyway.

Seriously. Avicii is awful. I just listened to Silhouettes, Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, Addicted to You and You Make Me. Utter garbage. I'd rather her work with will.i.am. If she wants to work with club DJs with a mainstream sound, she should work with Richard Vission. His recent two songs with Luciana are delicious club bangers.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to her working with Avicii but I'm actually feeling kinda indifferent about her next album. I don't look to Madonna to fulfill my dance music needs anymore so if she makes some good pop songs that I can enjoy, I can deal with it. I fulfill my need for edgy, hard beats elsewhere from other artists anyway.

^ True.

Guest Xanthium

Richard Vission & Luciana. These two songs make my PUSSY POP. Mainstream yet still DIRTY. Madonna, call Richard NOW!

I actually like Avicii's last album so am excited by the news and am sure Madonna will bring something new to the sound !

They are actually good on mixing different sounds, it could surprise us. They are not really pure EDM. I'm good with her choice for now.

I can only listen to electrical noise but so many times.

EDM is a cute genre, but it's very one-note. It's party music with a 3 month lifespan. Fleshtone was cool... at the time.

I disagree. Strongly. It depends on the producer.

I just don't get the hate. Because madonna didn't pick who we wanted her to pick, the albums gonna suck?

Guest bluejean

Well, "heading to the studio" could also mean dance studio or fitness studio and Avicci is on her Ipod or something.

:rotfl: Sure

Guest Not4Pussies

Madonna knows so much about good music, she has such great taste. She could work with anyone. So she chooses Avici :lmao: Someone needs to slap some sense into her.

My thoughts exactly. Something just isn't right with her producer choices since Celebration.

Guest Not4Pussies

As much as I love Kelis, I don't need another Fleshtone, FROM ANYBODY.

But good luck to Madonna & Avicii. They better pull a rabbit out of their hats.

Pray to baby jesus

Guest Not4Pussies

Agreed

I m excited that she works on her new album, but I really dislike Avicii... Its seems so do most of her fans. I think for this alone this album would be riskier rather than safe... Obviously she is after the 13 olds with this, but it seems from 2008 on she doesnt have much success in getting younger fans onboard. I just hope she wont push away her devoted fans in the process.

Still, although I am extremely worried about what he could do and especially if he ll do his one dementional, cheap trash, I hope she ll get really involved with this and take the lead and make him sweat and make him do the best he can like she did with Stuart in 2005 and Orbit in 1998... Plus lets hope the songs are strong with amazing melodies and her voice is not overworked and unrecognizable.

I'm not a fan of Avicii either but come on guys you all know better than to fill up 10 pages of this forum with negativity when she probably hasn't even sung a note yet. I mean seriously, you lot should know that Madonna almost always works with more than one producer and writers. Have you guy's forgotten?

There is also the chance (and this has happened before) that she isn't happy with anything Avicci and her come up with and she scraps the whole lot and moves on. She may even just use just one song.

Everyone needs to chill, seriously. You guys should know better

Yeah maybe it's just gonna be one song and she's just posting this to throw everyone off of the scent of the moroder/daft punk/niles Rogers/Leonard/pettibone collaborations that will make up the rest of the album!

Stuart Price didn't really do anything ultra groundbreaking prior to COADF. I am not worried. She always pulls something awesome out of people. Besides, it's pretty guaranteed that there will be other producers involved at some point. I think she's been writing since the fall, and I think chances are better than we think that we'll get a new record in Q4.

My thoughts exactly. Something just isn't right with her producer choices since Celebration.

Ummm, that's because she selects them from Lola's iPod shuffle. Madonna wants you to think she is vacuuming at 2 am, but really she sneaks into Lola's room to read her journal and listen to her iPod for some " cool" street cred.

Who is this avicii? Can't say I have even heard a song of his, and really can't be bothered you tubing?