Immaculate mixes question.

nightcutter

The whole album is In Q sound so the album version?

Justify my love is not on q sound on immaculate collection. It's the only track that is not. It was released on q sound on the justify my love maxi ep in the USA though. (New long mix of Express yourself in q sound was also released exclusively on this maxi)

I remember for years it seemed like most fans absolutely loathed the version of LAP on TIC. That seems to have changed over the years, as evident by this thread.

I wonder if TIC is the best selling album to ever utilize the Q-Sound technology.

I remember for years it seemed like most fans absolutely loathed the version of LAP on TIC. That seems to have changed over the years, as evident by this thread.

I wonder if TIC is the best selling album to ever utilize the Q-Sound technology.

:laugh:

Can anyone name any other song let alone album that was recorded in Q Sound? I never heard anymore about it.

I think it sounds terrible, really tinny but I was bought up on vinyl and I know people who were bought up on CDs onwards think that sounds muffled so I suppose it's what you're used to.

:laugh:

Can anyone name any other song let alone album that was recorded in Q Sound? I never heard anymore about it.

I think it sounds terrible, really tinny but I was bought up on vinyl and I know people who were bought up on CDs onwards think that sounds muffled so I suppose it's what you're used to.

Paula Abdul's Spellbound

It sounds really great on a stereo system. You have to space the speakers out a certain distance from each other. It should say somewhere in the cd packaging.

It sounds really great on a stereo system. You have to space the speakers out a certain distance from each other. It should say somewhere in the cd packaging.

Cd packaging? It's all about the double vinyl and gatefold sleeve.

Slightly off-topic, but here is an interesting forum post on the versions/mixes of each song that actually appeared on the singles, and their availability on CD: http://top40musiconcd.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84

I would really love a compilation featuring all these original 7"/single/radio versions in chronological order (and not fake re-created edits like on the Celebration album).

I'm a sucker for those 7'' single edits or remixes (the ones that appeared on singles or promos or were blasted on the radio) - Not that they could replace the album versions but if I'm in a singles listening mood those are the versions I go to. If there ever was a compilation like what you mentioned above, mine would run a little something like this: (for the 1982-1991 years of course.)

M_7_1982_1991.jpg

This is the only other title I can think of that utilizes Q-Sound:

m1VSfmS.jpg

Immaculate Collection and Sonic CD are glorious pieces of early 90s, though.