Why do we hate her guitar?

drunkbysix

I was thinking about this, but why don't people take her guitar playing seriously? Of course she's not as good as others, but I find her playing authentic to say the least. A lot of her fans, including a lot of you here seem to hate it. I think it's a great accessory. Why you guys don't like it?

i love her with a guitar. maybe some people just don't like some of her vocals (a la sticky and sweet) when she plays guitars and sings at the same time and therefore say they don't like the guitar, i don't know. but sometimes she can be really good at it while also singing. depends. but i love it :)

She's obviously not Jimmy Hendrix, but she just plays rhythm guitar, I think a lot of fags don't get that, of course

she incorporates it as a breather & does some show offy poses...which makes it come off as not very authentic 2 rock purists...

on Prince.org she's quite often mocked 4 her guitar playing...Madonna and her silent guitar bla bla bla...& then there r the

idiots who can't get over the fact that she's a pop slut so therefore she must not b playing live..etc.

Guest bluejean

I think the reason people don't like her guitar is because of some of the songs she's chosen to do on it. Ray of Light, You Must Love Me, I Love NY, Candy Perfume Girl, I Don't Give A etc those songs all made sense on guitar.

Hung Up on the other hand really did not. It's a disco song. She's also taken songs she hasn't performed in years lik Borderline and Dress You Up and make them rock guitar songs. I personally enjoyed the former but I'm sure alot of people would rather something closer to the original. The live version of Dress You Up on Sticky was kinda shit imo.

I like the songs performed with acoustic guitar...like La Isla Bonita (DWT) or Paradise (Confessions). These are gorgeous.

But most of the songs reinvented with the electric guitar are a mess.

same here BUT i do love Candy Perfume Girl @ DWT :inlove:

i dont mind guitar...i mind ray of light on SS tour

anyway it is a good way not to cut the show with just standing and singing ballads...she knows...more old...more guitar...she cant vogue 2 hours every night. this is a good way how to keep the show in good rythm....

all accoustic versions are beautifull...and i hope there will come the time for accoustic album

i dont mind guitar...i mind ray of light on SS tour

anyway it is a good way not to cut the show with just standing and singing ballads...she knows...more old...more guitar...she cant vogue 2 hours every night. this is a good way how to keep the show in good rythm....

all accoustic versions are beautifull...and i hope there will come the time for accoustic album

Actually, there was less GuitarDonna in MDNAT (3 songs) than in S&S (6 songs in round 1, 5 in round 2) and the show was as physically demanding.

Hung Up on the other hand really did not. It's a disco song. She's also taken songs she hasn't performed in years lik Borderline and Dress You Up and make them rock guitar songs.

that's one of the reasons why she's great....

Her guitar is the best. It's the same threat like "Why RIT is her worst". :drama:

I'm like... please fuck me and stop talking to me like that. :dazed:

anyway

It's better than FAKE guitar playing by Lady Penus aka Flop

deal with it

tumblr_mz7abbamGV1qj28qwo1_500.gif