Would you be a fan... no matter what happens?

karbatal

Mr. 5elements said something in that Rumours thread. It was meant to be a joke ( i hope, haha), about the first single being a duet with Rocco.

Is there a line where you would say "ok, i pass, this woman has gone too far" , Have you ever been tempted to give up and focus on other incredible artists like Yoko Ono?

Yoko-Ono-Tutupash.gif

I start:

I've never felt that she had gone too far. I loved the Erotica era, when many from my class turned their back on Madonna. I was there in American Life, when some ROL fans thought she was a bit over because she didn't do what they wanted her to do.

Maybe the only time i felt disappointed was with Hard Candy. It took me YEARS to understand that I was one of those fans that want her to follow a certain path. Until then, i thought i was a very open fan, and only last year i understood that she has the right to record an album full of belches if she pleases. I'm free to pass or to follow her.

MDNA left me a bit cold, but because i knew what i explained above, i focused on the good tracks.

I think i would only pass if Madonna supported political ideas that i find are against human rights. But musically i don't think she can make me stop loving her.

Yoko Ono? :lol: Oh dear.

At this point Miss MDNA is such a part of my DNA that I don't think its possible for me to ever be over her at all.

I think the only way I would ever hand in my fan card is if she became some kind of religious radical promoting hate and bigotry, which we know is never going to happen. :lol:

The woman has me for life. Grillz and all.

Guest Rachelle of London

Fan for life! I don't even care if very thing she did from low didn't impress me! It can't eradicate 31 years of amazingness

Yoko Ono did a whole album with her son.

I did not like Hard Candy when it was released but it turned out to be the Madonna album i've been listening to the most these past 7 years (ALREADY ???) and except for the first half of Incredible (love the second half) i love, love this album. It's so now. Madonna knows best especially when we doubt her.

Guest bluejean

I would love her to do a duet with Rocco.

There isn't really anything this woman could do at this point that would make me "turn in my fan card." Even if she murdered someone I'd probably understand her motives :lmao:

I'll always be a fan. I won't always love EVERYTHING she does, but I'd never give up on 2 things:

1) The past - all that she's accomplished and the astounding music she's created

2) Hope

First of all, I'd rather the first single be with Rocco over any other singer or rapper. At least it would be with her family and they would make a great team. And so, I'd be more of a fan for this than Drake or Miley Sirus. In fact, I'd love Roccco to be a guest rapper on several songs. Or rap with Madonna or he could sing backup.

Madonna could never do wrong with music. She's always delivered.

Guest Xanthium

She always delivers in some way. MDNA was a really good album but it fell short of past efforts. Still it was arguably her catchiest record ever, contained a song ("Love Spent") that is in my Top 10 Madonna Songs Of All Time list ("I'm Addicted" is hovering somewhere in the Top 20), and created one of her greatest tours ever. So while something may be lacking, in the red so to speak, there's always something in the black.

She has been a guide, a role model, an example for most of my life; and such an inspiring artist to me that I will always be a fan no matter what.

As long as Madonna doesn't get a tattoo or something like that, and the next album is better than MDNA, then I'll still be a fan. I feel like Madonna evolves so much that she becomes a completely new person every few years, so it does take some getting used to.

As long as Madonna doesn't get a tattoo or something like that, and the next album is better than MDNA, then I'll still be a fan. I feel like Madonna evolves so much that she becomes a completely new person every few years, so it does take some getting used to.

:lmao: God forbid!!

You would stop being a fan because of a tattoo? :lmao:

Always would be a fan of what I like from M, but I would stop buying or listening to her new music if she releases albums that I don't enjoy listening to. She has made me cringe a number of times, but the positive outweigh the negative, and she continues to be a complex and interesting person.

YAAAASSSSSSS!!! Madonna has become one of the very few musicians that entered my "I will always love" list.

I don't even like everything she did in her career (e.g., the JT duet, SNL with Flappy, ignoring AL in Celebration and other shitty stuff) but that doesn't stop me from loving her and looking at all the positive and inspiration she brought to my life over the negative stuff.

Mr. 5elements said something in that Rumours thread. It was meant to be a joke ( i hope, haha), about the first single being a duet with Rocco.

Is there a line where you would say "ok, i pass, this woman has gone too far" , Have you ever been tempted to give up and focus on other incredible artists like Yoko Ono?

Yoko-Ono-Tutupash.gif

I start:

I've never felt that she had gone too far. I loved the Erotica era, when many from my class turned their back on Madonna. I was there in American Life, when some ROL fans thought she was a bit over because she didn't do what they wanted her to do.

Maybe the only time i felt disappointed was with Hard Candy. It took me YEARS to understand that I was one of those fans that want her to follow a certain path. Until then, i thought i was a very open fan, and only last year i understood that she has the right to record an album full of belches if she pleases. I'm free to pass or to follow her.

MDNA left me a bit cold, but because i knew what i explained above, i focused on the good tracks.

I think i would only pass if Madonna supported political ideas that i find are against human rights. But musically i don't think she can make me stop loving her.

Oh no Karby I was being serious.

New single: Grillz by M. Dolla featuring Tryadum

:drama:

I would love her to do a duet with Rocco.

There isn't really anything this woman could do at this point that would make me "turn in my fan card." Even if she murdered someone I'd probably understand her motives :lmao:

yeah same :lol:

it has nothing to do with her amazing career. you can't take those brilliant albums, performances, and everything else away!