Nothing Fails vs. Intervention

Shane

Intervention. Is there a poll for this in the Polls section? And I agree with everyone that "Nothing Fails" was robbed of a video. I think that just might have saved American Life.

Steven Klein was rumored to have been.chosen to direct a music video. She chose to do matm instead

Anyone remember the rumors of it being filmed in Israel?

It's hard to choose between the 2. They both are two completely different tracks and it's not fair to lump them together and have people choose a fav.

I love the last chorus in NF. The whole song is lovely. But I have always preferred Intervention. Would love to hear the Music version someday.

Nothing fails is glorious. It's extroverted and makes a bolder statement. It is a co-write, which IMO doesn't make it any less a Madonna song, I just tend to prefer the songs that only Madonna could write (lyrically and melody) which Intervention is.

No one else could make those harmonizing layered vocals work like Madonna does, because no one would ever think to do it that way.

The melodies and harmonies on the American Life album (particularly on Intervention) were brave and makes it a very intimate listening experience.

The first time I listened to this one-two punch, I swear I cried. They were two of the most beautiful ballads I had ever heard, and it was as though Madonna was combining the Music album with 70s era Joni Mitchell.

But which of these gems is better?! Discuss ...

easy ride

First of all I think American Life the album was a masterpiece although I'm not crazy about AL the single specially being released as a 1st single for the album. Second of all, I from the first time that I listen to Intervention, there was something about this song that I completely adore and ever since I still LOVE This song. I think this song is pure perfection. Too bad it never got to see the light of day as single. Nothing Fails is also another great song but I will always be in love with Intervention.

Guest bluejean

Definitely Nothing Fails. I used to love Intervention but something about it bores me abit now. It's like a weaker Love Profusion to me. Still good obviously but Nothing Fails, despite not being a hit seems like a Madonna classic.

My favourite though on that album is Impressive Instant.

They're both fantastic for different reasons so it's hard to choose, but I'd go with Intervention. What a gorgeous song!!

Oh, American Life... Such a masterpiece, so underappreciated.

It was the bird era :lol:

Ha!! Wow. Never realized that. Fuzzy dream and time era came after.

As for the poll: Nothing Fails.

The lyrics, the choir, the sprawling song structure, her voice...

One can only pray she does a proper theatrical live version of it one day. It would be sublime. Just listening to it now, and visually, I get vibes from IDGA on the MDNA Tour - the red cross, the changing blocks, the church...

Definitely Nothing Fails. I used to love Intervention but something about it bores me abit now. It's like a weaker Love Profusion to me. Still good obviously but Nothing Fails, despite not being a hit seems like a Madonna classic.

Hmm.

Intervention by far! Eventhough it's quite beloved among fans it's still extremely underrated especially among AL-haters. I think it's actually one of the easiest songs to get into. It's more uplifting and up-tempo during the chorus than Nothing Fails, which probably gets more recognition for being a single. Anyway, Intervention is probably within my TOP 3 off AL. It might actually be one of my favourite Madonna songs ever! The whole album is great and Intervention is a song that has helped me going through rough times and always believing in myself. It has such a great message.

Definitely Intervention, but even that I'm not crazy for. For me, Nothing Fails is one of her worst songs ever. For the life of me I can't figure out why I cringe and feel the need to skip to the next track when this song comes on. It's not a "bad" song, in fact on paper it would seem to be a perfect Madonna song, but I just can't get down with it. The choir is especially grating to me.

Now Love Profusion on the other hand, has grown on me tremendously over the years. Such a glorious, uplifting, feel good song. I watched the video for the first time in ages the other day and I don't know why I used to dislike it so. Easy Ride is another AL gem. I've liked it since day one but 10+ years on, I would consider it one of the best songs of her career.

Definitely Intervention, but even that I'm not crazy for. For me, Nothing Fails is one of her worst songs ever. For the life of me I can't figure out why I cringe and feel the need to skip to the next track when this song comes on. It's not a "bad" song, in fact on paper it would seem to be a perfect Madonna song, but I just can't get down with it. The choir is especially grating to me.

Now Love Profusion on the other hand, has grown on me tremendously over the years. Such a glorious, uplifting, feel good song. I watched the video for the first time in ages the other day and I don't know why I used to dislike it so. Easy Ride is another AL gem. I've liked it since day one but 10+ years on, I would consider it one of the best songs of her career.

I so agree with you. It seems very forced and the backing beat is so dry. It is not a bad song. I just think the production approach is too heavy handed.

Nothing Fails.

Intervention is pretty awful. I'll NEVER understand the love it gets from some fans. The lyrics are so naff.

Were you high when you wrote this? I'm listening to the AL album right now. It's perfect for how I'm feeling. I don't like versus polls.