What happened at the Oscars 1991?

Guest Lum

You would think that any song written for a motion picture that captures the mood and essensce of the film would be at least nominated for an Oscar. Awards shows truly are a joke.

What is a joke is any artist that lives to be recognised. I'm sure it's nice to be but if an artist constructs their work with that as a goal then their work is soulless and therefore not even worth being considered as art. An artist works for the people. End.

Quite frankly nobody in their right minds gives a fuck. It's just a bunch of people feeling self important about nothing.

But people do care. Not just fans. For example it is wildly quoted that Cher has an Oscar.

It is often mentioned that Madonna has a Golden Globe for Evita. Can you imagine if she had an Oscar?

I think she would be more respected in film..

I LOVE the story behind this performance and how one so rife with malfunctions and flubs could still turn out to be perhaps the best she's ever given.

Her rehearsal time was at least disturbed, and probably cut short because of someone falling into the orchestra pit. "She's just lying there, can't we just do this?" :lol:

The microphone was supposed to either come up with her on her platform or rise simultaneously on another platform, and at the last minute that was scrapped.

Then towards the end she loses the earring and it gets caught in her hair. You can really tell that she's just so over it when she plucks it out and tosses it. And that was immediately followed by one of the fox tails from her wrap coming detached and ending up on the steps.

We all know Madonna doesn't suffer technical problems and the like gladly, so for her to give such an amazing performance thru all that really is remarkable :wow:

Someone once said here that Madonna controls far far far better her high notes than the deep ones. And it's true, with songs like Sooner or Later for exmple she delivers such great vocals. But it's very difficult for her to dance and sing high notes, so she goes with lower ones that are far more difficult for her.

I simply love how she sings live, even when some people critisize it. I just wish she released the DVD with her real voice and that's all. I can listen to WTG or BAT or GS and DWT for ever, love every vocal there. :inlove:

But people do care. Not just fans. For example it is wildly quoted that Cher has an Oscar.

It is often mentioned that Madonna has a Golden Globe for Evita. Can you imagine if she had an Oscar?

Streisand has an Oscar and I don't respect her.

:lmao:

I'm not a fan of Madonna's record sales, awards or accolades. I'm a fan of her mind blowing and inspiring body of work. I can't stand these trite award shows which are basically designed to keep the rich and successful rich and successful. PASS.

Someone once said here that Madonna controls far far far better her high notes than the deep ones. And it's true, with songs like Sooner or Later for exmple she delivers such great vocals. But it's very difficult for her to dance and sing high notes, so she goes with lower ones that are far more difficult for her.

I simply love how she sings live, even when some people critisize it. I just wish she released the DVD with her real voice and that's all. I can listen to WTG or BAT or GS and DWT for ever, love every vocal there. :inlove:

Me too!!

There's so much more emotion, there! :inlove: