Madonna tears venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro a new one on Instagram

Je5u5

So proud to see her calling attention to the problems of my homeland.

Could you add some context from your perspective on this? You think it is triggered by the treatment of the main opposition leader?

The situation is out of control, students have been killed, insecurity is widespread and the government acts as if nothing is happening.

It's got to the point that people have been asked to leave their workplace and go home several times on the last few days.

The countries that the US is trying to destabilise so it can take over and surround Russia and China?

Venezuela is in South America, how is this related to Russia or China?

The countries that the US is trying to destabilise so it can take over and surround Russia and China?

I wouldn't be surprised that the US is involved. Everybody's full of shit (the governments) and we, the people, their pawns.

Guest Not4Pussies

Venezuela protests leave five dead. Earlier in the day on 2/19, a female student died after being shot in the head during a protest in the northern city of Valencia. The lead activist Leopoldo Lopez who organized the student march has turned himself in to police as an act of solidarity who claim he ignited violence. Twitter photos were blacklisted and even the SOS hash tag on Instagram was deleted by the government to "quell the protests."

The latest wave of protests against President Nicolas Maduro's government began last weekend when student protesters and several opposition politicians converged in downtown Caracas to denounce the president’s handling of Venezuela's ailing economy. Maduro has accused Washington of trying to regain dominance over the South American country by siding with Lopez and student protesters. The government ordered three US Embassy staff to leave the country within 48 hours. US diplomats were expelled on financing protests due to their attempts to infiltrate Venezuelan universities and overthrow the 10-month-old administration of Maduro. Just as we are seeing come out in Ukraine, Bahrain, and Thailand- Wall Street international bankers who've hijacked Britain & America are financing rebellion. Is this a redux of what the Rothschild financiers did in the late 1800's into 1913 causing WW1... When they financed Red Bolshevik revolutionaries to assassinate and topple nations, killing presidents in their rampage of so-called red 'communism?'

The human rights violations and abuses are real, regardless of who is behind which side.

That's what Madonna is talking about. She's not saying, "Yay capitalism! Yay liberalism! Yay the West!"

She's saying, "Don't kill your people. Treat them with respect. Be transparent."

Venezuela is in South America, how is this related to Russia or China?

No, it's on America's doorstep. However, any country that opposes America is a target.

I'm not defending Maduro by the way, or his predecessor. But America is playing the same game all over the world, sponsor dissatisfied groups within the country, plant agents, encourage protest, escalate tensions with shootings/false flag attacks, accuse Government of a heavy handed crackdown, create media firestorm, supply weapons to opposition groups, insist on a political 'transition', eventual military intervention if possible. It's the same totally obvious game with Syria and Ukraine.

No, it's on America's doorstep. However, any country that opposes America is a target.

I'm not defending Maduro by the way, or his predecessor. But America is playing the same game all over the world, sponsor dissatisfied groups within the country, plant agents, encourage protest, escalate tensions with shootings/false flag attacks, accuse Government of a heavy handed crackdown, create media firestorm, supply weapons to opposition groups, insist on a political 'transition', eventual military intervention if possible. It's the same totally obvious game with Syria and Ukraine.

Good points.

you're right on this.

in french we say: "diviser pour mieux régner". I think in english you say "divide and conquer".

That's exactly what they're trying to do. it's their strategy to gain and maintain power in these regions around the globe.

It's a strong theory but can you PROVE it?

It's called 'divide and conquer'; oldest trick in the book. The Brits practically invented it! Which is why Lucky Guy is quick to use it as his conspiracy theory for the Yanks. He may be right, but he may well be wrong as well (he has a track record in both.)

It's a strong theory but can you PROVE it?

Think tank policy documents stating this is what they should do (Pivot to Asia -String of 'Pearls' in Asia to surround China etc.), then the manifold evidence of it actually happening, in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia. Manifold video and eye witness accounts of the provocations and attempts to destabilise, leaked tapes of US diplomats discussing these issues -yes I would say I could prove it. Don't even people you talk to day to day know it's the rebels in Syria who are the evil ones not the government? Did you not hear the recent leaked 'Fuck the EU' tapes of US diplomats discussing who they were going to put into power once they got rid of the Ukraine Government? 'We can't have Klitch, he's too unreliable' etc. etc. It's not really a conspiracy any more; it's out there just beyond the headlines.

America owns us, that's why these things are not discussed. Did you hear that the US paid millions for us to build the new GCHQ monitoring centre? A foreign country OWNS a massive part of our security apparatus, and it's not a national scandal? They own the EU too. They don't own China, or Russia (along with some other smaller countries like Iran, Venezuela etc.), and this scares them. They would rather have WW3 now whilst they have a military advantage, than have it years down the line when they are weaker and other countries are stronger.

I would like to make it clear I am not talking about American people here -I love American people.

How could America have military advantage/influence over China when it has a third of the worlds population living there? I know America is like a giant full of itself do gooder when it comes to international affairs but I don't see ANY evidence of America OWNING the EU. I feel like it's a great country to conspire against because it's very idealistic. While I DO believe the USA makes decisions based on capital first and foremost I don't think that it has some secret plan to keep Russia and China down. Imagine the potential death toll that would occur if these countries which own nuclear weapons went to war. Korea would side with China and I'm sure Russia would too considering geographical and idealistic proximity. I feel like America is just tending to it's garden rather than trying to accomplish anything grandiose.

This is good on it: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/18/venezuela-protests-us-support-regime-change-mistake

And yeah, it can be 'proved' that the USA has been trying to topple the democratically-elected government in Venezuela for quite some time. It's been proven that the US government knew about the attempted coup in 2002 before it happened and pretty much everyone believes they were involved. They certainly immediately threw their support behind the coup when it looked like it was succeeding. Wikileaks have also released e-mails and cables showing US officials and US companies conspiring with the opposition in Venezuela to debstabilise the economy there. This is a fact, it's all out there, and it's still been going on (e.g. http://rt.com/news/golinger-documents-venezuela-destabilization-299/). It's certainly awful what's happening there but don't just accept the version of why it's happening that the US government wants you to swallow.

I can't see China involving itself in war anytime soon

Judging by the recent China antics regarding the Senkaku islands against Japan, i wouldn't be so sure.

The human rights violations and abuses are real, regardless of who is behind which side.

That's what Madonna is talking about. She's not saying, "Yay capitalism! Yay liberalism! Yay the West!"

She's saying, "Don't kill your people. Treat them with respect. Be transparent."

+1 :clap:

However, M also uses the word "fascism". This, in all fairness, can to a certain extent also be applied to the USA corporatocracy. I.e. the fact that US business - including US "media" - and government are also heavily intertwined. With business as the master and the politicians as the willing instruments/puppets. In the US the brutality through for example the increasing militarisation of the police is drowned out by corporate entertainment. The 1976 movie Network is still spot on: the world is a business (http://youtu.be/NKkRDMil0bw).

http://youtu.be/NKkRDMil0bw