Why do a lot of people think that Madonna was/is into drugs?

Samo

Melrose, I actually ENJOY when people make asinine claims about her. Madonna said it herself:

I’d love to be a memorable figure in the history of entertainment in some sexual, comic, tragic way. I’d like to leave the impression that Marilyn Monroe did, to be able to arouse so many different feelings in people.

I've never heard anyone refer to Madonna as a drug addict. :megamanson:

And if she was (which she clearly isn't), she's managed it while looking and staying EXTREMELY healthy and beautiful, producing phenomenal music and tours, raking in millions if not billions, and basically ruling the world. :sassy:

Your workmates are dumb.

Refer them to Joanne for what a drug addict pop fading star looks like.

0BuG2j4.gif

I just want new music

Chelle, your catch-phrase is back :tigger:

Melrose, don't worry about what haters of Madonna think. It just spoils your own enjoyment then. I hate the untrue things in the press they say about her as well, but you can't dwell on it or comment and quote on it all the time.

Plus, I have never heard anyone refer to Madonna as a drug addict, so that is not even worth commenting on.

:rotfl: But seriously, why value the opinion of people that know nothing about her?

My co-worker asked me 'so when did she change her name to Madonna.' -I hit the damn floor.

This happened to me too a couple of times when people asked me what's Madonna's real name. They get positively surprised to know the truth :lol:

Madonna into drugs? :lmao: That's a good one.

Of course she no doubt dabbled here and there, but that was by FAR the exception to the rule I am sure.

Even Debi Mazar who she started out in NYC with said Madonna never touched the stuff.

Have always respected Madonna for that. Shows she is a true leader and not a follower doing what everyone else around her is. She could have easily fallen into hardcore drugs in the business she is in since its literally everywhere.

Debi mentions it quickly at 30 seconds in here..

This happened to me too a couple of times when people asked me what's Madonna's real name. They get positively surprised to know the truth :lol:

I always have to answer this question! :lol: The anticipation of people wanting to know her real name is priceless!

the dog thing is expected because there was that pic on sex book

but i drugs , never heard that.

There was a pic of her and a dog in the SEX book?

I've never seen the book

What are the details?

Over the past 6 months at work 2 people said that they think Madonna is a drug addict one woman said not know but she was when she did that book when she had sex with dogs! WTF!!!

Madonna and her message and career has always been about being in control, working hard and believing in yourself.

Madonna is also very vain and works out for 3 hours every morning and has has numerous work done to look youthful and good.

Heavy drug use would destroy all of that.

And it kinda pisses me off that their are some people who think that.

because Gaga is a drug addict and the public just assumed she copied it from Madonna

I ve heard it only once, by a friend. We were watching the MDNA tour and he said "she looks amazing, she is over 50ty, she oozes energy, does all those energetic stuff so she MUST be on something". We fought over it and I couldnt change his mind. "Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode jumped in a similar way on stage and he collapsed on one point cause he was doing drugs" he said. I was stunt.

When I eat super healthy, don't smoke and work out I'm SUPER energetic.. immediately. I'll do this for weeks at a time whereas M OWNS that lifestyle. That's why she has so much energy on tour. That and maybe those Vitamin C shots or something.

Whatever.

I did coke and LSD 20 years ago, once. It was cool, I enjoyed it. But that was enough. People can take drugs at some point in their life and not get addicted. It's just a fun experience. So if she took drugs 20 years ago too, big whoop.

i remembered in a coadf ear interview she was asked whether she's using any drugs and she responded something like "I probably tried a little bit of everything back in the day, but that was it and it was long ago"

I remember an interview during the "Ray of light" promotion where she was asked abou drugs and she said that a lot of artists (like Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and others (I don't remember the names)) were very creative when they used drugs. She said that she in her early days she used drugs once or twice to see how you feel and things like that but she didn't like it because she's a control freak and drugs make her lose control so she decided not to use them anymore.

Is people really commenting about what 2 workers from somebody think? So if a coworker of mine told me that Madonna was in fact Eva Braun reincarnated, should we comment? :mellow:

EDIT: oh, i read the rest of the pages and it was pretty interesting. So yes, we should comment EVERYTHING, hahaha.

I've heard the drug thing quite a bit over the years too. Anyone who truly believes that is completely ignorant about Madonna...she is and has remained so incredibly successful due to her persistent and resilient self-control and clean living. Anyone who knows anything honest about her will admit to her obsessive work ethic, her consistent fitness regime, and her knack for challenging herself both physically and artistically. Her stone resilience is what inspires me most both as artist and human being. What other 30+ year artist is out on tour jumping rope and slack lining? Most people, given Madonna's tremendous success would gladly and easily just rely on their grand laurels and never push for more. Madonna refuses, and that is why she is Queen. There is no room for drugs....also, I agree that she has exaggerated her pre-fame drug use....it depends on who she is talking to that dictates her answer. I think she wanted to appear more badass at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by mentioning her ecstasy use and whatnot.

I've heard the drug thing quite a bit over the years too. Anyone who truly believes that is completely ignorant about Madonna...she is and has remained so incredibly successful due to her persistent and resilient self-control and clean living. Anyone who knows anything honest about her will admit to her obsessive work ethic, her consistent fitness regime, and her knack for challenging herself both physically and artistically. Her stone resilience is what inspires me most both as artist and human being. What other 30+ year artist is out on tour jumping rope and slack lining? Most people, given Madonna's tremendous success would gladly and easily just rely on their grand laurels and never push for more. Madonna refuses, and that is why she is Queen. There is no room for drugs....also, I agree that she has exaggerated her pre-fame drug use....it depends on who she is talking to that dictates her answer. I think she wanted to appear more badass at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by mentioning her ecstasy use and whatnot.

I am sure she did try ecstasy here and there. Didn't she even admit to it before the Hall of Fame and say it just made her feel like shit in the morning? And I am sure she did smoke a joint before going on Letterman back in the day like she said. :lol: But those were no doubt exceptions to the rule.

I am sure she did try ecstasy here and there. Didn't she even admit to it before the Hall of Fame and say it just made her feel like shit in the morning? And I am sure she did smoke a joint before going on Letterman back in the day like she said. :lol: But those were no doubt exceptions to the rule.

I think in "his book" the ever reliable Cuntopher recalls M shoving a part xtc pill in his hand the day he first shows up at a place where she was staying in New York.