Nothing Really Matters Music Video

jacket

And now, seriously.... Was Madonna on the top of the dilusional game when she thought she could play a japanese woman in a film? :lmao:

Well ... wasn't there controversy that a Chinese woman was cast to play a role instead of a Japanese woman? I mean ... a Caucasian should have just as much of a chance as an Asian in that case.

It was a long shot, of course... Just saying the casting was controversial ultimately. Of course, it would have been MORE controversial for Madonna to be cast as Hatsumomo, but ... whatever. I never actually saw the film or read the book, so what do I know? I just love the NRM video.

I remember it premiered on Valentine's Day weekend, and the VH1 vj said that's when Madonna wanted it to be introduced "for its message of universal love."

And then nearly three months later, the maxi-single CD was released in record stores. It was never gonna be a top 10 hit (being a fourth/fifth single) but ... come on. WB totally botched that release, with the physical product delivered well after airplay "peaked."

I think the choreo is reminiscent of Butoh - a style of dance originating from Japan.

fucking terrifying. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and THIS is doing that dance in the middle of your dark bedroom

i never could get into liking this video. still can't.

p.s.: the water filled plastic bags truly disturb me mentally

You pussy. You can see from my av that I'm a die hard NRM fan. It's gorgeous in every way possible.

Anyone remember the online fan arguments over whether NRM or TPOG should be the third single?

Love this video, and I remember the song was played somewhat regularly on my local pop station.

I think the choreo is reminiscent of Butoh - a style of dance originating from Japan.

Wow, thanks for posting that. Very eerie.

fucking terrifying. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and THIS is doing that dance in the middle of your dark bedroom

:nervous:

you should be banned to be quite honest.

:rotfl:

Guest eroticerotic

this is gorgeous! i love the human body in motion :)

Posted this in the artwork thread because the Picasso painting is so prominently displayed, but I thought I'd post it in here, too, in case anyone's not seen the behind-the-scenes video:

Is that a picture of Madonna in the Picasso painting? Did he travel through time and space and paint her with the black hair and red outfit?

i dont see anything weird in this video...nothing except beauty

song have good dance vibe, very good but simple lyrics, nice message...madonna looks stunning....black kimono or redone....white japan people with water pillows put some contemporary art elements....coreography is good...not typical...what else? oh yes...after frozen video that was great, ray of light that was cool, drowned world that was also cool, NRM won the game...my favorite