MadonnaNation.com Forums
tumbleweedt

Madonna's art collection: what works of art does she own?

I noticed a George Condo painting. I'll have a look for it or has it already been posted?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I noticed a George Condo painting. I'll have a look for it or has it already been posted?

It hasn't been posted. Let's look it up. It's this one.

IMG_2941.PNG

Edited by almeidonna
Added image

One of my favorite threads! Thanks guys.

Couldn't find this exact painting anywhere. Perhaps it's a comissioned piece. George Condo is famous for his comissions, including album covers, most notoriously for Kanye West. So... Madonna could have comissioned it...?

I absolutely love this thread & the fact that we're seeing more of the artwork she owns lately! 

On 24/11/2016 at 6:38 AM, tumbleweedt said:

Yes, I posted about this on page 10 of this thread. It's by the hand of the Czech photographer JOSEPH SUDEK (1896-1976).

Any info found for the photos she shares in her ig story ? 😀

On 11/28/2016 at 1:42 PM, tumbleweedt said:

Photography she owns:

CHRIS SMITH

Muhammad Ali Visiting Black Ghetto Whilst Training In Miami Beach (1971)

Smith_Chris_1971_Muhammad_Ali_Visiting_B

CHRIS SMITH

American Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali Visiting A Black Ghetto Whilst Training in Miami Beach (1971)

Smith_Chris_1971_American_Heavyweight_Bo

CHRIS SMITH

American Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali Visiting A Black Ghetto With Burt Lancaster Whilst Training in Miami Beach (1971)

Smith_Chris_1971_American_Heavyweight_Bo

Where was it mentioned she owned these photographs? I love all this information. Thanks in advance. 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:06 PM, Idlerwheel said:

Where was it mentioned she owned these photographs? I love all this information. Thanks in advance. 

I identified them from a video posted on Instagram a few years ago (by either dancer Norman Shay, Rocco or one of his friends). In that video they can be seen hanging on the wall of her New York home - in the downstairs room with the piano. Quite blurry, so it took quite a lot of effort to recognise what those shapes represented.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, mindatrappa said:

Any info found for the photos she shares in her ig story ? 😀

PIERRE MOLINIER, Auto-portrait (1970)

Molinier_Pierre_1970_Auto_portrait_zpsfs

On 1/25/2017 at 5:55 AM, tumbleweedt said:

I identified them from a video posted on Instagram a few years ago (by either dancer Norman Shay, Rocco or one of his friends). In that video they can be seen hanging on the wall of her New York home - in the downstairs room with the piano. Quite blurry, so it took quite a lot of effort to recognise what those shapes represented.

Thank you! :)

Guest VeronikaCiccone

Selene and Endymion 

Selene and Endymion .jpg

Guest VeronikaCiccone

Richard Prince - Heartbreak Nurse

Richard Prince - Heartbreak Nurse.jpg

Guest VeronikaCiccone

Helmut Newton, Jo Champa, Hotel Chelsea, New York

Helmut Newton, Jo Champa, Hotel Chelsea, New York.jpg

That master bedroom was tacky 🤐 though...

Sorry for the OT but is there a thread about her various homes with pictures of the interiors?

20 minutes ago, Lolo said:

That master bedroom was tacky 🤐 though...

Sorry for the OT but is there a thread about her various homes with pictures of the interiors?

She was a bachelorette -- Madonna should be able to go girlie for her digs. 

Sorry for the broken photo links. I've been away for months and only just learned about the disastrous decision by the photobucket site to break all links unless you pay them USD 400 dollars per year. I'll quit photobucket but getting the images - which are entirely Madonna-related - off of photobucket by downloading them is not a smooth process. I'm thinking about switching to Google Photos, but I don't know if Google Photos has an easy way of linking to the Madonna Nation forum. If anyone has suggestions / recommendations in this regard, I would be happy to hear them. 

On 9/18/2017 at 1:25 PM, tumbleweedt said:

Sorry for the broken photo links. I've been away for months and only just learned about the disastrous decision by the photobucket site to break all links unless you pay them USD 400 dollars per year. I'll quit photobucket but getting the images - which are entirely Madonna-related - off of photobucket by downloading them is not a smooth process. I'm thinking about switching to Google Photos, but I don't know if Google Photos has an easy way of linking to the Madonna Nation forum. If anyone has suggestions / recommendations in this regard, I would be happy to hear them. 

https://imgur.com/

On 9/18/2017 at 2:25 PM, tumbleweedt said:

:(

13FF0DA3-E3A6-460E-A851-FEC7B0F21536.jpeg

9 hours ago, Aries said:

13FF0DA3-E3A6-460E-A851-FEC7B0F21536.jpeg

:lmao:

I used to have the one of them playing pool when I was a kid!*

*My taste has improved somewhat