On this day in 2002

cosmic_system

Could we do a bit of a 2002 retrospective in this thread? It's an era I don't know terribly well nor do I have anything to contribute. I do recall the play, swept away, creating American Life. The tracksuits, the soy lattes, the beginning of the floral print dresses, living in London. What do u guys think?

Could we do a bit of a 2002 retrospective in this thread? It's an era I don't know terribly well nor do I have anything to contribute. I do recall the play, swept away, creating American Life. The tracksuits, the soy lattes, the beginning of the floral print dresses, living in London. What do u guys think?

You basically summarized the whole thing. It was all that and THIS:
madonna-die-another-day-screenshots-mado
:wow:

YES! 2002 was such an amazing year! First this jaw dropping cover (Dita WAS back!), then the James Bond news on Madonnarama and then Up For Grabs in London (first row for me..still speechless). At the end of the year we had the amazing Vanity Fair photoshoot, Die Another Day (single! video!) and..Swept Away.

Die Another Day was the first new song I remember following on the internet. It was cool to watch Madonna nab a top 10 single in the US so easily. Radio jumped all over this for a month back in the fall of 2002.

Ofcourse my excitement would be short lived as everything fell apart a couple months later...Her last real "big time" hit.

I remember this day! My jaw dropped when I saw those pictures, she looks so fucking hot! :drool:

Did we ever see any outtakes from this session?

Yes, someone else could correct me on this. But I believe only a very few shots were released. I think 2 were used in the magazine, and then 1 on the DAD cover. All the others available, which are just basically alternate shots, are outtakes. There is however this one monochromatic closeup shot that is just dead gorgeous!

Die Another Day was the first new song I remember following on the internet. It was cool to watch Madonna nab a top 10 single in the US so easily. Radio jumped all over this for a month back in the fall of 2002.

Ofcourse my excitement would be short lived as everything fell apart a couple months later...Her last real "big time" hit.

Really? I think 4 Minutes was a bigger hit and had more of an impact.

And Hung Up might not have had as much airplay as DAD (I honestly don't know) but I think that song had a way bigger impact in America as well.

Guest Rachelle of London

2002 was a great year. She packed so much in. I remember the news reporting of the first night of up for grabs and everyone saying it was great. 2002 really was the height of Londonna

These pics are among my faves!

Guest Not4Pussies

Madonna declares to a LA radio station that she will rap on her new album, the rap is Inspired by eminem and the sound for the new album is "stiff."