MadonnaNation.com Forums

It's not THAT bad...shaving off a couple minutes would definitely help in this case

Ok don't attack me. Attack bjork. 😂😂😂 

I was also underwhelmed. I was expecting something more fun since that's what she said this album would be more about...liberation and finding love or whatever she said. 

29 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Ok don't attack me. Attack bjork. 😂😂😂 

I was also underwhelmed. I was expecting something more fun since that's what she said this album would be more about...liberation and finding love or whatever she said. 

I miss Timbaland collaborating with her.

Don't like it at all, sounds like a Vulnicura leftover:blink:

giphy.webp

Sounds very Biophilia to me and that is not necessary a good thing. Loved Vulnicura. This is really different than what I gathered from her interviews for this new album. 

Edit: Actually, I do like the end and the chorus. It is just unexpected I guess is the word I am looking for. 

whys everyone hatin on bjork??! LOL

it's a Bjork song. Its beautiful. It doesnt sound like a reinvention but its pure bjork and I'm happy to hear her back!

also we might have something in common now :queenbitch:

17 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Nobody here wants the early 90s back.

I wouldn't mind. :newspaper:

It does sounds like an extension of Vulnicura, theory in her fanbase is that it's a sort of bridge between the Vulnicura era and the new one. It's probably going to be the opening track of the record. The rest of the album will probably be different, as described in the the Dazed & Confused article. This new song is very Arca. It's not single material but are you really that surprised? The BBC aired a radio edit this morning. It's a grower.I don't hear Biophilia in it, but I hear some Medulla in the vocal arrangements. 

Edited by cosmic_system

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I wouldn't mind. :newspaper:

I have nostalgia for it just not for Bjork.

7 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

It's a grower.I don't hear Biophilia in it, but I hear some Medulla in the vocal arrangements. 

It is definitely a grower. Been humming the melody the entire day and kept saying "care for me care for you" which nobody understood 😂  

It does have a something something that irritates me. Maybe it is a bit reminiscent of Biophilia or Medulla (which I both really don't like that much) but in the end it is one of the most melodic Björk songs in recent history and I like it more and more. 

This makes me so excited!!!! 

the song is growing on me. It's lovely. 

I'm really surprised a lot of people don't seem to like this song, I think it's great esp the production in the second half?

It's familiar ground for her, but I love it more with every listen.  

The Gate is exquisite! Can't wait for the album now.

I hope she makes good on her eleventh hour implication she could change her mind on the title.

The Gate is not bad but is overlong and insanely repetitive. I don't understand how it could be considered first single material except as a grand navel-gazing gesture.

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The Gate is not bad but is overlong and insanely repetitive. I don't understand how it could be considered first single material except as a grand navel-gazing gesture.

Her label won't argue about her choices these days.

It's not a favorite, but I like it & have deep respect for Bjork as an artist.

Looking forward to more new music..

I'm not sure the concept of choosing first singles really matters anymore. it's not like a new bjork single is coming to a radio-station-near-you any time soon, so if the choice is reflective of the album or the message she wants to convey with it, it is what it is...

well, yeah, exactly, it is what it is, which is why many people are let down concerning the album as a whole, if indeed this represents the whole (which I highly doubt).

I'm surprised by the interview posted above where the interviewer tells her how fluffly the song is, how light it is, etc. I find the opposite is true. Screaming "I CARE FOR YOU" for 5 minutes speaks of desperate emotional dependency, not fluff and light.

Anyone else irked Matthew Barney has this much emotional weight over her? He's a Gaga to her Madonna.

She's just been interviewed on Jo Wiley's show tonight on Radio 2 if anyone is interested.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, erotica blu said:

Anyone else irked Matthew Barney has this much emotional weight over her? He's a Gaga to her Madonna.

YES. He's shit.

I was revisiting Volta today. It's actually better than what I remembered.

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

I was revisiting Volta today. It's actually better than what I remembered.

never understood the hate for Volta

So what about KUKL? Am I the only one here who loves their stuff?