Bill Werde: Katy or Beyonce are the current Queen of Pop

Samo

He Tweeted that and also says that the "Queen of pop title constantly changes though".

If that's not a fuck you slap in the face to Madonna than I don't know what is.

I mean Aretha is ALWAYS the Queen of Soul, despite not having decent sales or hits in over 25 years.

And Tina is ALWAYS the Queen of Rock despite being retired.

Let's get this idiot on Twitter!

My issue is that it's disrespectful to Madonna and Madonna ALWAYS has to prove herself with each album despite the INSANE legacy that she's created for herself.

I mean she sold more albums than Aretha and Tina COMBINED for Godsakes!

So if Alicia Keyes comes back out with a smash album, according to his logic, she'll be the new Queen of Soul, fuck Aretha and her legacy.

Nope that seems to only apply to Madonna

I think Munsters are going to be more ass hurt by this poll than we are. :lol:

This gets tiring after awhile. We know the truth. That NO FEMALE in music will ever have a bigger impact on pop culture and this planet than Madonna has and continues to have. NONE! ZERO! ZILTCH! NADA!

he still tweets about pop music and streaming counting for the charts & wanting to make it happen with ex colleague billboard editor keith (M fan..) etc.. shouldn't he focus his attention & time at his new job? it's so obvious that he's an EDM/pop girl loon. and whenever someone calls him out he always quickly replies "I'm married!" (as if that's even a valid excuse. as if he would be the only closeted married guy..) i think he's a closeted gay twink.

that said, the queen of pop title is being given to anyone hot/hip at the moment.

he still tweets about pop music and streaming counting for the charts & wanting to make it happen with ex colleague billboard editor keith (M fan..) etc.. shouldn't he focus his attention & time at his new job? it's so obvious that he's an EDM/pop girl loon. and whenever someone calls him out he always quickly replies "I'm married!" (as if that's even a valid excuse. as if he would be the only closeted married guy..) i think he's a closeted gay twink.

that said, the queen of pop title is being given to anyone hot/hip at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that he solicited underage boys on ATRL.

OK Madonna REVOLUTIONILIZED pop music and changed it from male dominated to female.

EVERY female pop singer, including his precious Bey and and Katy have acknowledged Madonna as an huge influence and have taken a page or two from her playbook, or in Gags case the whole damn playbook!

She's sold more albums than any female artist in history, is the top female singles artist of all time (and #2 in general) according to Billboard, is the highest grossing male or female solo touring act in history, with the top 2 grossing tours by a female artist of all time.

Her fame, cultural impact, influence, music videos, bringing gay culture to the mainstream and what she did for feminism remains unparalleled as well as being a fashion icon and inspiring a whole generation of teenage girls to dress like her.

If Madonna isn't the Queen of Pop than I must be delusional!

Madonna is the Queen of pop and always will be. I have no idea why people keep trying to take the title away from her. It is senseless and getting very tedious. Try taking the title of King from Elvis, the Queen of soul from Aretha and the King of pop from MJ. People would not dare to do that yet continually try to underplay Madonna. Bill Werde is an idiot.

Bill Werde is a seedy middle aged man that has official accounts on twitter and ATRL where he converses with teens, so it makes sense that he would say the queen of pop title changes. - he is a little monster after all (DOPE charting a number 8 due to youtube ads, really?!) If gaga can't have the title, in bills mind anyone BUT Madonna should have it.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what Bill Werde has to say, because Bill Werde no longer has a job with billboard due to superiors wanting to bring integrity back to the magazine.

We could examine his comment -

If Beyonce or Katy were the Queen of Pop, there wouldn’t be so much debate and arguing over it. When Madonna was coined the Queen of Pop, there was no arguing over the title: She had the hits, she had classics, she had the power, she had control over her career, she had the artistic vision, she had the humanist vision, and she realised all that in her music, videos and stage performances. And guess what, Bill? Madonna still has the power:
She says the word “reductive” and it trends not only on twitter worldwide, as it becomes to most looked up and googled word on online dictionaries across the planet on that week.
She gets out of her house and opens a gym in Toronto and she causes a frenzy (whether she’s wearing a stage outfit or a simple tracksuit).
She announces the name of her album (M.D.N.A.), it becomes headline news all over the globe.
She announces a new tour, it sells out in minutes.
Whatever she does causes debates.
It’s happened since 1983. It is happening NOW.
Her recent appearances on TV (SNL, and even the grammys) gave those shows the highest ratings they had in a long time.
In the UK, her appearance on the Graham Norton Show in 2012 pulled in an extra 1 million viewers (they had 4.3 million on the Madonna episode, they usually pull in 3 million viewers).
That’s the power Madonna has over the media - no payola, no excessive advertisement, no twitter account. She simply shows up, and the world follows.
Anyone else is only coined the Queen of Pop by their delusional fans or stupid, ignorant, misinformed teenagers.
No one with half a working brain, or a little common sense would ever take the crown off of Madonna’s head.

Most important of all: Madonna was crowned “the Queen of Pop” by her accomplishments. It was the world who crowned her “Queen of Pop”. It wasn’t Madonna who pushed it. It wasn’t her record label who tried to shove down our throats that title. The world media, reflecting the world’s response to every Madonna’s move, crowned her the Queen of Pop.

The fact that an EX member of billboard staff (Gagas BFF) say anyone else is the queen, doesn’t make it a fact.

tumblr_m1m4f3zI7R1qezxsoo1_500_zpsabba9e

yawn yawn, it's obviously his putrid way of pissing on Madonna...besides, Beyonce doesn't qualify as Queen of "Pop" (for obvious reasons), unless it is for Pop Corn then she may have a chance.

Guest Not4Pussies

"If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed." -madonna

who cares! like his opinion matters. how many female pop stars have been referred to as the queen of pop

and look who is still standing. dont take it so personal.

M is still queen of pop despite not having had a semi-decent hit since 2008. She has achieved so much more than any other female pop artist in her career.

Um..think it's 'pretty universally' agreed on lol (even w/ creeps like Bill Weird and the other haters being in denial) that M is the FIRST woman who comes to mind when 'Queen Of Pop' is mentioned in any way. Hands down, the # of times (on endless interviews, award shows, magazine articles etc etc..) M is consistently referred to as the Queen Of Pop outnumbers the contrary x1000. Would love to know even w/ the Piss Morgans, HElltons Johns, Lambs, Monsters etc..which woman they truly *instantly* think of then out of self loathing/denial about 'fact' use that toxic rage (almost like a self loathing closeted gay) to constantly try to stone her. lol