• Erotica era
    • BS era
    • ROL era
    • Music era
    • AL era
    • COADF era
    • HC era
    • MDNA era

There is actually a poll going on right now on that horrific ATRL website started by a lamb!

The lamb claims that there is nothing special about her talebt or success and that she has never had an era as big as The Bodyguard and didn't become a touring force until after Celine and isn't respected by the general public like Cher is and (wait for it!)doesn't have a song as iconic as Girls Just Wanba Have Fun

WTF on the last one

LAV, MG, LAP, VOGUE, ROL, MUSIC and HU are way more iconic that that cover song by Lauper

I can't with these ATRL children

I get what you say. I was little during the LAP and BAT era, but whenever someone mentioned her name it already felt like they were talking about someone iconic as Elvis or Marilyn Monroe. I don't really know how to explain it, but her name alone brings all sorts of ideas and concepts and images to mind.

Try saying it a bunch of times

M A D O N N A

:wow:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

THEFORCEdonna

Well like I posted earlier accordingly to ATRL Madonna isn't considered a legend and that she doesn't have a song as iconic as Lauper's #2 peaking 1984 cover song Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

WTF

THE thirst and jealousy on that website against Madonna by lamba and monsters.

It's gonna get worse the more those 2 buffoons flop!

DWT. impossible to get a ticket. unbelievably cool costumes and choreography. the refusal to do old music and to promote the current work. i think then people realized she was legend who would have a massive following no matter what.

That era was magical... DWT is the best show i've ever attended...

I'm over anything concerning ATRL at this point, those kids over there are pathetic. They desperately want their faves to be as successful as Madonna but since it's impossible, they're going on and on with their jealousy and hatred.

I seriously thought i was hallucinating the first time i saw that topic about Cyndi's Girls Just Wannna Have Fun being more iconic than any Madonna song. Talk about TOTAL delusion :manson:

^ I know really

LAV is WAY more iconic than that song.

I would go so far as to say that LAV and Baby One More Time are probably the 2 most iconic songs by a female pop star of all time.

And I'm not even a Britney fan

I Will Always Love You is up there too but since it was a cover of a Dolly Parton country hit it loses it's iconic status points that Whitney would have received had it been a new song.

ATRL is determined to discredit and disrespect Madonna and rewrite history because they're faves are flopping. It's sad.

The craziest part was when the OP of thread posted that "there is nothing extraordinary about Madonna's success".

WTF!

Her stats DESTROY every other female act in the game in terms of commercial success and she's been on top for 31 CONSECUTIVE years without suffering a nervous breakdown or drug addiction

Will these children ever learn?

GJWHF sold 4 million singles

LAV sold over 5 million and was #1 for 6 weeks

LAV also has 2 of the most iconic moments in music history as part of it's live performances

The 1984 and 2003 VMA's.

What does the #2 peaking cover song GJWHF have?

Not to mention LAV spoofed by Weird Al Yankovic, a WHOLE topic of conversation in Reservoir Dogs and sung in Moulin Rouge.

The LAV video is also more iconic than GJWHF.

These kids are seriously delusional and it's ALWAYS the monsters or the lambs that start these Madonna bashing threads and we all know why!

I don't think the general public considered her a legend in an Elvis or Beatles sort of way until Ray of Light or shortly after.

Agreed. I think she was a solidified ICON for years, but ROL proved her relevance as an artist, verifying that she was far more than just a super or pop star but a true, absolute legend. She returned to the music scene with a brilliant album that easily stood atop of her previous (already brilliant) catalog with shine and ease. Then 15 years into the game, she wowed the world as only a legend could. Remember how her very strut onto an awards show stage in 1998-1999 received a standing ovation? When an artist can have that effect, to just show up and have the crowd on their feet, they have reached legendary status.

When she survived the Erotica era with 3 top 10 smashes in the US in 94, one of them being a #1 diva smash, staying there on the top spot for several weeks. She proved people wrong; her career wasn't over.

Maybe you are right. She was a megastar, but you need to pass the test of time and suffer such a backslash to prove them wrong. ROL was the last touch that proved she was a legend.

I know the Evita era is not included here.. But I truly felt she really achieved the legendary status when she attended the Billboard Awards '96. I forgot the award she recieved that night, it was handed to her by Tony Bennett.... That was the first time the audience at an award show gave her a standing ovation.

Maybe you are right. She was a megastar, but you need to pass the test of time and suffer such a backslash to prove them wrong. ROL was the last touch that proved she was a legend.

Exactly. That's why i think anything pre-Ray of Light was too soon for her to be considered a legend. She needed to prove her longevity and the Ray of Light era just did that.

• 5 months later...
Guest Peter1984

I think that in LAP era. For me this album is not any masterpiece but many people luv it and so do critics....

Edited by Peter1984

I have to agree with this

Madonna/Like A Virgin Era Introduced Her.

True Blue/WTG Era showed she was more than a one trick pony

Like A Prayer showed she could have artistic depth in her work

Vogue/Dick Tracy/Blond Ambition/Immaculate Collection/JML/Truth Or Dare blended everything and sealed her legendary icon status.

Everything afterwards has been icing on the cake.