• Erotica era
    • BS era
    • ROL era
    • Music era
    • AL era
    • COADF era
    • HC era
    • MDNA era

I saw this topic in another forum... I m surprised the majority of the people said ROL. Hell what? You must be a teen to deny her a legendary status around 1990.

Personaly I think she was a legend with Live To Tell already. With it she prooved her persona was otherwordly and no matter how she looked/sounded she was magnificent.

What do u think?

I can't decide between TIC and Erotica. TIC for obvious reasons, Erotica because she was no longer a pop-star of occasional controversies, she became THE figure to break all boundaries, she broke the mold. It has served as example for new generations of entertainers, of where's the line, censorship, etc. I see her career as: before & after Erotica. It was a game-changer.

I saw this topic in another forum... I m surprised the majority of the people said ROL. Hell what? You must be a teen to deny her a legendary status around 1990.

Personaly I think she was a legend with Live To Tell already. With it she prooved her persona was otherwordly and no matter how she looked/sounded she was magnificent.

What do u think?

During True Blue album and its 5 iconic hits and WTG Tour..

When she survived the Erotica era with 3 top 10 smashes in the US in 94, one of them being a #1 diva smash, staying there on the top spot for several weeks. She proved people wrong; her career wasn't over.

When she survived the Erotica era with 3 top 10 smashes in the US in 94, one of them being a #1 diva smash, staying there on the top spot for several weeks. She proved people wrong; her career wasn't over.

no. She was one before.

Madonna/Like A Virgin Era Introduced Her.

True Blue/WTG Era showed she was more than a one trick pony

Like A Prayer showed she could have artistic depth in her work

Vogue/Dick Tracy/Blond Ambition/Immaculate Collection/JML/Truth Or Dare blended everything and sealed her legendary icon status.

Everything afterwards has been icing on the cake.

I would say True Blue was pushing her there Like a Prayer pushed her in and 1990 sealed it

Yes,

I would say 1990 sealed it too. Vogue, IB, BA, The Immaculate Collection, JML. :bow:

For me - and for any fan I would assume - she was a legend from the moment I saw her.

But legend status worldwide? I (also) think it was during 1990/1991, with the Blond Ambition tour, the continuing increase in her status as a cultural icon, making the cross-over from Pop music and entertainment magazines to being seriously discussed among the pretentious "intelligentsia". I think the masterful Hall of Mirrors documentary Truth or Dare really sealed it.

But…..of course chelle's answer can not be refuted! :tigger:

August 16, 1958