Madonna songs/albums that have/haven't aged well

Pink Matter

What M songs/albums have or haven't aged well?

I was listening to Justify My Love & Erotica today, they sound pretty fresh to me

Was also listening to Borderline, it sounds timeless

But Dress You Up or Gambler, as much as love those songs, they sound very 80s, very old

As an album I think COAD & Bedtime Stories have aged very well and Hard Candy sounds old as phuck

What's your opinion?

Pretty much everything from Ray of Light to COADF has aged really really well. They sound even fresher now when compared to all the electro-pop/EDM stuff produced these days.

I would say Like a Virgin (the album) sounds a bit "old", but the rest of her 80s' work is timeless.

I think Hard candy sounds current. If you look at Pharell's recent work, it may have even been ahead of its time. . .

Exactly if there's one Madona album that sounds like what's in the charts it's Hard Candy, now that you don't like it it's another topic.

I think the songs have aged well, but the production in many is dated. Even with the 80s sound being back in vogue... So let's say, Burning Up to me still sounds fresh, but the original Express Yourself doesn't. Not sure why. They both obviously have an 80s sound.

I can think only of Spotlight or Cant Stop as sounding ancient. The majority of her albums never gets old. Most of the time they are ahead couple of years. For example COADF could ve been released today. Lots of bands are doing what she did 9 years ago, so...

Most of her music has aged reasonably well, but there are a few exceptions that are pretty noticeable. I'm still waiting for remastered & deluxe versions from some of her previous albums, such as, LAP, Erotica, ROL.

I asked this once before but didn't get a reply. Since on the front of the LAP album it says "A Digital Recording" does that mean he sound on the album is as good as it will ever be? Or CAN it be Remastered?

I think it's easier for younger members to say what might have aged and as to what sounds dated as they can be more objective to the production. When I hear LAV, it just brings back lots of memories of 85 and it still sounds so fresh. Same with True Blue. I know they're of their time but they don't stand out like other songs from the period but this is also as they are so well produced.

However, even at the time I thought the who's that girl soundtrack seemed quite tired. Can't Stop us a fun song but the start of the song just sounds straight from a bad eighties film. Which it is!