MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

ABBA thread

O M G!!!!! I WANT THEM NOWWWWWWW!!!! THAT WOULD BE HEAVEN!!!

SO excited about this :inlove: Anything is possible after this, I concluded! 

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

I just heard it in the news! So exciting! And it’s also first time I hear of the Avatar Tour. Not sure what to make of it, but I’d love to go to an ABBA concert. 

Best day ever!!!!!!

Ooh la la. Lay all that  music on me.

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Abba's manager has confirmed they have recorded two new songs which came out of the planned ABBA avatar tour!!!!!!

One track is called I still have faith in you.

Omg!!!!!! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5664687/amp/Abba-recorded-new-music-time-35-years.html?__twitter_impression=true

@Jazzy Jan

:tigger::tigger:. Fantastic  !  

New music coming from Madonna and Abba -  so exciting. 

4 hours ago, LVX said:

So hell has finally frozen over.

I had exactly the same reaction when I heard the news. To be honest, I'm excited and terrified by the idea. 35 years later, I hope they will not spoil their mystic by offering 2 ordinary or bad songs.

So freaking excited! A dream come true. 

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know! Can't believe it!

Apparently, the other song is called 'don't shut me down'!

I soo thought this was fake news for several minutes but it's not :blink:!! Truly had to fact check this before believing this. Tragic in this day in age ANYthing can spread like a virus (if it's 'presented' well enough) as fact when it's not. An Abba reunion of any kind is a super easy target.

Even if the songs are garbage which they may be lol, sorry, they're still smashing. Watch this end up another Hung Up- #1 in every country for 20 weeks but the US lol. This will end up at the same astronomical level of interest as if all the original Beatles reunited for new music (which almost certainly would've happened by the '90s at the latest). 

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Just watch their new releases go against each other (esp if M does a holiday season release).:bad: Unfortunately, Abba would get this by 10 miles lol. Hopefully it'll be more like Abba vs, Gaga and/or Mariah since they'll prob be releasing new music too! :rotfl:

:bump:   We can never let this thread die !   

Abba Reunite, Announce Two New Songs

By Jem Aswad
 @jemaswad

ABBA
CREDIT: ANDERS HANSER/PREMIUM ROCKSHOT

UPDATED: Some 35 years after their split, the four original members of Abba announced today that they have recorded two new songs. One, “I Still Have Faith in You,” is set for release in December.

That song will be part of a “Virtual Abba” experience in collaboration with “American Idol” creator Simon Fuller first announced in 2016, and it will premiere, via digital versions of band members, on NBC and ABC at the end of this year. There are no details as yet about the second song.

In a statement, the band wrote:

“The decision to go ahead with the exciting ABBA avatar tour project had an unexpected consequence. We all four felt that, after some 35 years, it could be fun to join forces again and go into the recording studio. So we did. And it was like time had stood still and that we only had been away on a short holiday. An extremely joyful experience!

:tigger:

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I know! Can't believe it!

Apparently, the other song is called 'don't shut me down'!

Love this title (and the other)! Reeking from classic Abba. :D Most had simple titles with brutally infectious melodies and production. Cannot WAIT! Music and the charts never been more in the gutter than now so even if these songs suck they'll still piss all over 99% of what's popular currently. 

Benny and Bjorn wrote the recent single for steps. Classic ABBA but more of an album track and badly sung by one of them who always splits the top notes into two syllables.

I'm expecting something middle is the road like this.

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Benny and Bjorn wrote the recent single for steps. Classic ABBA but more of an album track and badly sung by one of them who always splits the top notes into two syllables.

I'm expecting something middle is the road like this.

They wrote this but not for Steps. It was originally recorded by the Benny Andersson Orchestra a few years ago:

I think Steps improved it but then again I actually like them. Back in the day I also felt they improved Better the Devil You Know lol.

We need a worldwide tour 

This is amazing news! I grew up wit ABBA music thanks to my mom. She will be ecstatic about this.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Pedro said:

We need a worldwide tour 

I think they said they won't do any performances... Is it true ?

30 minutes ago, runa said:

I think they said they won't do any performances... Is it true ?

They have said it for years and years, but they reunited for that event and now they are recording two new songs. Hopefully things are warming up. 

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

They have said it for years and years, but they reunited for that event and now they are recording two new songs. Hopefully things are warming up. 

There's going to be a tour but using holograms. They've been 'filmed' for the tour but won't appear. Even though they were at an event recently, they never performed as a group. Agnetha and Frida sang together.

If we're lucky they may do a one-off performance for TV? Can you imagine getting tickets to that???!!!!

Me and my friends jokingly said we’d pay 1.000 Euro for a ticket to see ABBA live. We were joking around but NOT kidding. I would definitely be ready to pay exactly that but I’m not here for Holograms tbh. I might consider it, but not willing more than 50 euros max, because to me it seems like watching a blown up concert movie. I really don’t like the idea but I understand why they don’t want to go on tour anymore. Though all this ‚we never show up together‘ is a bit annoying. 

One of the songs is like we would've written it [for] today. The other, we could've written in 1972. So I don't know, we'll see. I mean, they're not finished yet.

"We have the vocals, they're all recorded, we haven't mixed it, we haven't worked them through, really, but I think they're pretty good."

Asked whether he thought it would complement Abba's legacy, Bjorn said: "I think so. It certainly sounds Abba very much."

Benny added: "As soon as Frida [Anni-Frid Lyngstad] and Agnetha [Faltskog] start singing, that's when it sounds Abba."

1 hour ago, Marco said:

:wacko: this looks dreadful.  One of the classics from the Arrival album butchered. I adore the Mama Mia musical live but the first movie suffered from having miscast Actors who were below average singers and this looks no better.