MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

ABBA thread

I used to Abba like really hate it but now my opinion has softened. I especially like how Frida & Agnetha are dressed in this 1978 performance on french tv...it's not their usual costumes....they look really dapper and modern...

Agnetha's boots remind me of Madonna's from the same year

19d9544b70a6a258a843997408229d52.jpg

Its almost like the women ESP Frida are totally down and receptive to at least doing ONE freaking song for the fans (not necessarily a concert). Frida always seems super excited, enthusiastic and like a sweetheart.But the men. (esp. one of them) by his demeanor and douche-like attitude every time there's these very 'brief appearances together' seems very arrogant, cold and couldn't give two shits. One big yawn but I know, I know they obviously don't need the money and wanna have the fans remember them for what they did, preserve their legacy etc...but gtfu OVER the ego and just do one song one time as it would 99 percent be the only final opportunity and fans would at least get that final epic performance.

No doubt if all the Beatles were still alive, they would've done numerous appearances and performances together prob. by sometime in the late 80s or 90s at the latest. Not saying gotten back together but at least collaborated on 'something' like what happened in 1995. Yeah, there were egos and they simply clashed right before they broke up but The Beatles just needed a 'break' but all still loved each other. W/ Abba the two men just seem ice cold, super greedy and self absorbed.

Guest bluejean

I don't know about that. John and Paul really fell out hardcore.

I don't know about that. John and Paul really fell out hardcore.

Maybe so yet they were thisclose to going Saturday Night Live in '76 just 6 years after they broke up! They would've def. gotten 'over it' if not by the 80s then the 90s for sure. There was def. drama mainly related to *Yoko, egos etc..but still feel in my gut they just needed a 10-20 year long break. Benny and Bjorn (esp one of them..forget which one) def just seem like greedy. super egotistical jerks. Adore the work they did though.

Ciccone's cheeks, it may also be because they are all exes. Anna and Bjorn are divorced as is Benny and Frida. They still worked together as Abba after their marriage break ups but would have been very difficult. Some exes can remain friendly but in general, it never works. Even after many years.

Abba are cool. They've always said they want to be remembered for what they were.

They could quite easily get millions to do a few songs. They got offered a billion dollars to tour again but declined.

In these times of artists performing for dictators for a million dollars, these guys deserve respect for just saying no!

Abba are cool. They've always said they want to be remembered for what they were.

They could quite easily get millions to do a few songs. They got offered a billion dollars to tour again but declined.

In these times of artists performing for dictators for a million dollars, these guys deserve respect for just saying no!

Yes, to be honest, I don't want them to perform a concert again. They were so perfect and amazing and it would be sad if they were not so great if they performed again today. We have so many wonderful memories of them and their music keeps getting more known all the time. They are one of the few artists whose music will always live on. Kudos to them.

Exactly.

Best pop band ever.

Can we please talk about the PERFECTION of their song "Eagle"? It's everything...melody, vocals, production, atmosphere...so gorgeous!

LOVE Eagle and the whole ABBA The Album :inlove:

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Can we please talk about the PERFECTION of their song "Eagle"? It's everything...melody, vocals, production, atmosphere...so gorgeous!

It's fantastic. I also like the trippy LCD video as simple as it is.

But tell me does she kiss like I used to kiss you?
Does it feel the same when she calls your name?
Somewhere deep inside you must know I miss you
But what can I say? Rules must be obeyed

Aww how Agnetha meant every word she beautifully sung....

Abba's songs are eternal, truly. Lots of exceptionally amazing material they released, what a pleasure still to these days listening to those simple alluring melodies.

My top 3 all time favorites are Waterloo, The Winner Takes It All and SOS. These however do not exclude guilty pleasures like...

... especially if sung in Swedish - a little silly game we used to play with my friends when I lived in Sweden years ago.

While many were drooling over Agnetha, I had a thing for Frida - such a magnetic lady for me.

Abba is everything.  To me personally,  they have created the second best pop music catalogue ever. ( after Madonna that it )   Just like Madonna, their songs have stood the test of time and why people keep discovering their music and loving it.  Creating timeless, perfect pop is a gift and they had it in spades. 

19 hours ago, Crux said:

Thanks @Crux :kiss2:  Sounds incredible.  I don't quite understand it ( feel like a total airhead ) but anything to do with Abba is always wonderful to me. 

aww wonderful to see them reunited again...that Abba Gold will be milked for centurires :)

I think it will be a holographic concert type thing. They're really starting to milk it now! So many re-releases and variations. I think they're overdoing it now.

The 4 just need to reunite for a world tour, which would undoubtedley be the biggest world tour ever ( making U2, Rolling Stones and Madonna look like peanuts ) and just stop.  That Simon guy will probably having them judging Sweeden's got no talent shows or some shit. 

I would sell my parent's house just to go to the concert 😃

Guest bluejean

Ive never really liked them much. Yes they had a lot of classic songs but none of it really excites me. I find the singing quite empty and the lyrics meaningless.

On 28/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, Ivy said:

The 4 just need to reunite for a world tour, which would undoubtedley be the biggest world tour ever ( making U2, Rolling Stones and Madonna look like peanuts ) and just stop.  That Simon guy will probably having them judging Sweeden's got no talent shows or some shit. 

This will never happen as they've already stated. They were even together this summer and the girls sang together but the boys didn't join in.  I think the holographic concert is being created as the best alternative. I presume it's part of the ABBA museum.

The holographic concert thing never really took off though. I saw the news when they had Tupac but, like 3D, I assume the novelty wears off quickly.

So was Agnetha trolling the world hard with this song?

After her story with stalkers you'd think SOMEONE would have said something.

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

So was Agnetha trolling the world hard with this song?

After her story with stalkers you'd think SOMEONE would have said something.

OMG! :drama: 

Both of them looked so good!

I :inlove: Gary.

:wow::wow::wow: 

I'm speechless

:drama:

b086798b-e0f9-452a-b448-862b7d2248a5?fit

This is soooo exciting, ABBA is my favourite band of all time!!!

:inlove::inlove::tigger::tigger:

26 minutes ago, Msig said:

:wow::wow::wow: 

I'm speechless

:drama:

I bet that's next year's record store Day release!

But how on earth did the recording happen and not a single hint of news got out? Unbelievable!

So hell has finally frozen over.