MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

ABBA thread

8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

@Jazzy Jan

Supposedly the reveal of the new song was pushed back to the new year but could it be a Christmas treat?

Can't wait !  

Love this song.  If Mariah's Christmas song can go viral every year,  Abba should with this beautiful song on New year.   

These shred videos always make me laugh.

Lol. 

On 1/5/2019 at 12:42 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Love this song.  If Mariah's Christmas song can go viral every year,  Abba should with this beautiful song on New year.   

so why arent they?

On 1/6/2019 at 2:02 AM, jonski43 said:

These shred videos always make me laugh.

I can't.. :rotfl:

23 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

so why arent they?

I know this song has charted round Europe but it's quite meloncoly.

For new year, you want something upbeat and happy but there's a certain sadness about this song.

I can imagine everyone at a party with Frida going round with the canapes and Agnetha's in the corner, on her own, getting pissed on cheap wine as she sings this.

Been on an ABBA kick lately and I must’ve listened to “The Winner Takes It All” half a dozen times today. 

Such a beautiful and timeless song. 

I came late into ABBA, the first album I bought was the visitors, it is still my favourite album from them. Before them I only listened to classical music lol. Then I caught up pretty fast on their old albums, as well as Diana Ross and Olivia Newton John and Donna summer. Then Madonna came and my life was never the same 🙂

27 minutes ago, windsor67 said:

I came late into ABBA, the first album I bought was the visitors, it is still my favourite album from them. Before them I only listened to classical music lol. Then I caught up pretty fast on their old albums, as well as Diana Ross and Olivia Newton John and Donna summer. Then Madonna came and my life was never the same 🙂

Love all of the people you mentioned.  Love classical music so much.  Also adore Diana Ross, Olivia and Donna Summer.  Abba is my second favourite act after Madonna.  Both Abba and Madonna have so many brilliant songs in their catalogue.  Album tracks as well as singles.  Have you listened much to the music of  George Michael ?   Both his work with Wham and solo.  I think that with the artists you mentioned, you would like his songs too.  

Slipping through my fingers has to be the most beautiful and poignant song about being a Mother.  Love the emotion in this song and this beautiful performance. 

Another incredible melodic beautiful song.  Again, a song with a "story"  and so descriptive.  Nobody can harmonise as well as Abba 

43 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Another incredible melodic beautiful song.  Again, a song with a "story"  and so descriptive.  Nobody can harmonise as well as Abba 

I just love how the lyrics describe the end of a relationship through the usage of clever allegory. ABBA, much like Madonna, are expert crafters of break-up anthems.

16 hours ago, MarcoMartins said:

I just love how the lyrics describe the end of a relationship through the usage of clever allegory. ABBA, much like Madonna, are expert crafters of break-up anthems.

Madonna however tends to do this from a  position of power and never plays the victim as most "divas" tend to do. Starting with "I Know It" all the way to "Living for Love".

On 1/26/2019 at 11:29 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Voulez vous is such a strong album all round. For me Does your mother know is the weakest song on there. All of the songs were single material.

And I love the country / disco of 'King'. The first ahhhhhh by the girls is beautiful.

The best pop group, supertrooper and the visitors are my favourite albums although you can’t go wrong with most of their songs.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:28 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

This is so hard but going to try.  In no order 

Waterloo 

Dance while the Music still goes on 

That's me 

Knowing me Knowing you 

My love My life 

Dancing Queen 

Disillusion 

One man One woman 

The name of the Game 

Thank you for the music 

The winner takes it all 

Our last Summer 

Angel eyes 

The king has lost his crown 

If it wasn't for the nights 

When all is said and done 

Soldiers 

One of us 

Under attack 

So many more I love with a passion but I think these are my favourites. 

"Lay All Your Love on Me" is the only ABBA song I like or can get into and it's not listed there :lol:

5 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Lay All Your Love on Me" is the only ABBA song I like or can get into and it's not listed there :lol:

I love "  Lay your love on me "  and think it is a brilliant, wonderful pop song.  Just shows how great Abba's catalogue is though that it is not amongst my all time favourites. 

Crystal Coffin,  start listening to some Abba albums.  Start with Abba the Album then go to Super Trouper, The Visitors,  Voulez Vous and Arrival.  You will open up to the brilliance  of Abba.  I know you will !   Madonna got to love them more over time and now loves them.  You will too ! 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I love "  Lay your love on me "  and think it is a brilliant, wonderful pop song.  Just shows how great Abba's catalogue is though that it is not amongst my all time favourites. 

Crystal Coffin,  start listening to some Abba albums.  Start with Abba the Album then go to Super Trouper, The Visitors,  Voulez Vous and Arrival.  You will open up to the brilliance  of Abba.  I know you will !   Madonna got to love them more over time and now loves them.  You will too ! 

I tried to listen to "Waterloo". Couldn't endure even 15 seconds. Sorry to disappoint you dear Jazzyyyy but they are just not my thing! :lol:

abba is so great. i cant wait for their new music. how is it keep being postponed? please come up soon. for me, this is the most anticipated music of this year alongside madonna. i remember having said to my partner  two years ago how it would be great if they could reunite someday, and amazingly they listened to my prayer. here we are talking about their new music to be released. 

i feel ecstatic. 

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I tried to listen to "Waterloo". Couldn't endure even 15 seconds. Sorry to disappoint you dear Jazzyyyy but they are just not my thing! :lol:

Waterloo is one of their first ever hits.  I love it but the music is simpler etc and would probably not be your style. 

Try the OLDER albums.  Trust me,  I won't lead you astray. 

21 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Waterloo  is  catchy.  Love  it. Well  all  abbas  music  is  catchy  as  hell.

I love Waterloo.  Think it is a pop classic and was the first ever Abba hit I heard.  

Always loved this song so much.  Even though I mucked up the words when I was a child.  Thought "  Morning croissants"  was Morning full of songs and still sing it that way.  Old habits dies hard.  

@Crystal Coffin   This is such pop perfection.  Perfect melodies,  great music and amazing harmonies.  The lyrics too -  "  There's a special kind of love - like an eagle flying with a dove "  :dramatic:  

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I will probably like this song when I am about to die in 5 days, 60 years from now @Jazzy Jan :scared:

Try this one.  I am determined to make you appreciate Abba :rotfl: