Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

ABBA thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

At least Elaine came out. Rosalita wasn't as lucky.

Ps: poor Nina. So pretty yet nobody mentioned her so far. She's probably used to it though.

:lmao: Just like Cinderella ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are forgetting Cassandra !  Love that name too. I used to have a doll called Cassandra 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suzy hang around :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to be fair we should also remember chauffer Sam, schoolgirl Annie, officeboy Jerry and useless Sue who just lies by the pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rikky Rock N Roller was also a basement baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

In order to be fair we should also remember chauffer Sam, schoolgirl Annie, officeboy Jerry and useless Sue who just lies by the pool.

:lmao: was just about to post that. @Je5u5. Thus is so much fun !  

Useless Sue :rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also so many misheard lyrics. I used to think Dancing Queen was young and Swede not young and sweet.  Thought Morning  Croissants was Morning full of songs in Our last Summer and used to wonder where " Pascoe was" where Frida was sick and tired of everything in Super Trouper.  Wasn't until years later, I saw the lyrics and realised she was singing Glasgow ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:rotfl:
Nina might've been pretty, but she was also a mute bore according to her work collegues.
 
Still at least she worked. Useless Sue did nothing but sit by the pool all day. Lazy bitch. :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Crux said:
:rotfl:
Nina might've been pretty, but she was also a mute bore according to her work collegues.
 
Still at least she worked. Useless Sue did nothing but sit by the pool all day. Lazy bitch. :lol:

 

 

:rotfl: Crux, this thread is priceless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:rotfl: Crux, this thread is priceless. 

:lol:  It's as funny (if not funnier) than the Kilo thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also so many misheard lyrics. I used to think Dancing Queen was young and Swede not young and sweet.  Thought Morning  Croissants was Morning full of songs in Our last Summer and used to wonder where " Pascoe was" where Frida was sick and tired of everything in Super Trouper.  Wasn't until years later, I saw the lyrics and realised she was singing Glasgow ! 

In Britain, we all thought it was Tesco, the supermarket chain.

And I still think they sing 'fucking in the moonlight' on summer night city just before it fades out.

Ps. What about Livingstone! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

In Britain, we all thought it was Tesco, the supermarket chain.

And I still think they sing 'fucking in the moonlight' on summer night city just before it fades out.

Ps. What about Livingstone!

Oh god, The remastering of the "Waterloo" album is awful. You can't even hear what they're singing on that song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2018 at 8:17 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Also so many misheard lyrics. I used to think Dancing Queen was young and Swede not young and sweet.  Thought Morning  Croissants was Morning full of songs in Our last Summer and used to wonder where " Pascoe was" where Frida was sick and tired of everything in Super Trouper.  Wasn't until years later, I saw the lyrics and realised she was singing Glasgow ! 

In Dancing Queen when she sings "Youre a teaser you turn em on"  I thought she was speaking spanish or something until I looked up the lyrics 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16 August 2018 at 12:11 PM, dcbyebyebaby said:

In Dancing Queen when she sings "Youre a teaser you turn em on"  I thought she was speaking spanish or something until I looked up the lyrics 😂

:lol:. I thought the next line after that was ' leave the morning when you come". Makes no sense whatsoever but what I sang for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 4:11 AM, dcbyebyebaby said:

In Dancing Queen when she sings "Youre a teaser you turn em on"  I thought she was speaking spanish or something until I looked up the lyrics 😂

Kinda related, it's weird how the Spanish version of Dancing Queen keeps the second verse that was edited out from the English version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Kinda related, it's weird how the Spanish version of Dancing Queen keeps the second verse that was edited out from the English version.

Yes! I noticed that although the second line is different.

'aunque sabes coquetear, te interesa solo bailar!'   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

 

 

:rotfl:Pierce Brosnon's singing was so woeful in that first movie.  Loved how he only had a few lines in the second one ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this early version of 'Like An Angel'. Completely different lyrics and title but same melody

here's the full outtake of variations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, jonski43 said:

Found this early version of 'Like An Angel'. Completely different lyrics and title but same melody

here's the full outtake of variations

 

Thanks Jonski.  Really interesting.  Such a beautiful song both with different lyrics. 

14 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

 

Love this.  Remember seeing this years back and great to see it again.  Dancing Queen is such a dance pop anthem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, jonski43 said:

 

 

He is a BEAUTIFUL man but damn please just shush :chuckle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mamifero said:

He is a BEAUTIFUL man but damn please just shush :chuckle:

 

:lol:. Singing is not his forte by any stretch of the imagination 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fav:

 

01 DANCING QUEEN 02 CHIQUITITA 03 THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL 04 LIKE AN ANGEL PASSING THROUGH MY ROOM

05 SOS 06 LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME 07 I LET THE MUSIC SPEAK 08 MONEY MONEY MONEY

09 TAKE A CHANCE ON ME 10 GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! 11 SUPER TROUPER 12 HEAD OVER HEELS

13 VOULEZ-VOUS 14 SOLDIERS 15 IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NIGHTS 16 MAMMA MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Music said:

My fav:

 

01 DANCING QUEEN 02 CHIQUITITA 03 THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL 04 LIKE AN ANGEL PASSING THROUGH MY ROOM

05 SOS 06 LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME 07 I LET THE MUSIC SPEAK 08 MONEY MONEY MONEY

09 TAKE A CHANCE ON ME 10 GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! 11 SUPER TROUPER 12 HEAD OVER HEELS

13 VOULEZ-VOUS 14 SOLDIERS 15 IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NIGHTS 16 MAMMA MIA

What a great list.  Really diverse with a combination of hits and album tracks.  Great to see hidden gems such as I let the Music speak, Head over Heels, Soldiers and If it wasn't for the nights.   Such fantastic songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, those are really fantastic songs... There are still some albums I don't really know yet, but I will !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Music said:

Yeah, those are really fantastic songs... There are still some albums I don't really know yet, but I will !

They are all worth discovering.  You won't be disappointed !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

ABBA and QUEEN are probably the best bands ever existed. 

Abba is my all time favourite band and favourite music act after Madonna.  I adore Queen as well.   You have great taste :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This song SHOULD have been a single.  Absolute pop perfection.  Beats virtually every pop song around. .   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×