MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
qaz

ABBA thread

5 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

At least Elaine came out. Rosalita wasn't as lucky.

Ps: poor Nina. So pretty yet nobody mentioned her so far. She's probably used to it though.

:lmao: Just like Cinderella ! 

We are forgetting Cassandra !  Love that name too. I used to have a doll called Cassandra 

Suzy hang around :lmao:

In order to be fair we should also remember chauffer Sam, schoolgirl Annie, officeboy Jerry and useless Sue who just lies by the pool.

Rikky Rock N Roller was also a basement baby.

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

In order to be fair we should also remember chauffer Sam, schoolgirl Annie, officeboy Jerry and useless Sue who just lies by the pool.

:lmao: was just about to post that. @Je5u5. Thus is so much fun !  

Useless Sue :rotfl:

Also so many misheard lyrics. I used to think Dancing Queen was young and Swede not young and sweet.  Thought Morning  Croissants was Morning full of songs in Our last Summer and used to wonder where " Pascoe was" where Frida was sick and tired of everything in Super Trouper.  Wasn't until years later, I saw the lyrics and realised she was singing Glasgow ! 

:rotfl:
Nina might've been pretty, but she was also a mute bore according to her work collegues.

Still at least she worked. Useless Sue did nothing but sit by the pool all day. Lazy bitch. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Crux said:
:rotfl:
Nina might've been pretty, but she was also a mute bore according to her work collegues.

Still at least she worked. Useless Sue did nothing but sit by the pool all day. Lazy bitch. :lol:

:rotfl: Crux, this thread is priceless. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:rotfl: Crux, this thread is priceless. 

:lol:  It's as funny (if not funnier) than the Kilo thread.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also so many misheard lyrics. I used to think Dancing Queen was young and Swede not young and sweet.  Thought Morning  Croissants was Morning full of songs in Our last Summer and used to wonder where " Pascoe was" where Frida was sick and tired of everything in Super Trouper.  Wasn't until years later, I saw the lyrics and realised she was singing Glasgow ! 

In Britain, we all thought it was Tesco, the supermarket chain.

And I still think they sing 'fucking in the moonlight' on summer night city just before it fades out.

Ps. What about Livingstone! 

14 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

In Britain, we all thought it was Tesco, the supermarket chain.

And I still think they sing 'fucking in the moonlight' on summer night city just before it fades out.

Ps. What about Livingstone!

Oh god, The remastering of the "Waterloo" album is awful. You can't even hear what they're singing on that song.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:17 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

In Dancing Queen when she sings "Youre a teaser you turn em on"  I thought she was speaking spanish or something until I looked up the lyrics 😂

On 16 August 2018 at 12:11 PM, dcbyebyebaby said:

In Dancing Queen when she sings "Youre a teaser you turn em on"  I thought she was speaking spanish or something until I looked up the lyrics 😂

:lol:. I thought the next line after that was ' leave the morning when you come". Makes no sense whatsoever but what I sang for years. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:11 AM, dcbyebyebaby said:

Kinda related, it's weird how the Spanish version of Dancing Queen keeps the second verse that was edited out from the English version.

32 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Kinda related, it's weird how the Spanish version of Dancing Queen keeps the second verse that was edited out from the English version.

Yes! I noticed that although the second line is different.

'aunque sabes coquetear, te interesa solo bailar!'   

19 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

:rotfl:Pierce Brosnon's singing was so woeful in that first movie.  Loved how he only had a few lines in the second one ! 

Found this early version of 'Like An Angel'. Completely different lyrics and title but same melody

here's the full outtake of variations

On 8/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, jonski43 said:

Found this early version of 'Like An Angel'. Completely different lyrics and title but same melody

here's the full outtake of variations

Thanks Jonski.  Really interesting.  Such a beautiful song both with different lyrics. 

14 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love this.  Remember seeing this years back and great to see it again.  Dancing Queen is such a dance pop anthem. 

On 8/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, jonski43 said:

He is a BEAUTIFUL man but damn please just shush :chuckle:

1 hour ago, mamifero said:

He is a BEAUTIFUL man but damn please just shush :chuckle:

:lol:. Singing is not his forte by any stretch of the imagination 

My fav:

01 DANCING QUEEN 02 CHIQUITITA 03 THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL 04 LIKE AN ANGEL PASSING THROUGH MY ROOM

05 SOS 06 LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME 07 I LET THE MUSIC SPEAK 08 MONEY MONEY MONEY

09 TAKE A CHANCE ON ME 10 GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! 11 SUPER TROUPER 12 HEAD OVER HEELS

13 VOULEZ-VOUS 14 SOLDIERS 15 IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NIGHTS 16 MAMMA MIA

1 minute ago, Music said:

My fav:

01 DANCING QUEEN 02 CHIQUITITA 03 THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL 04 LIKE AN ANGEL PASSING THROUGH MY ROOM

05 SOS 06 LAY ALL YOUR LOVE ON ME 07 I LET THE MUSIC SPEAK 08 MONEY MONEY MONEY

09 TAKE A CHANCE ON ME 10 GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! 11 SUPER TROUPER 12 HEAD OVER HEELS

13 VOULEZ-VOUS 14 SOLDIERS 15 IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NIGHTS 16 MAMMA MIA

What a great list.  Really diverse with a combination of hits and album tracks.  Great to see hidden gems such as I let the Music speak, Head over Heels, Soldiers and If it wasn't for the nights.   Such fantastic songs. 

Yeah, those are really fantastic songs... There are still some albums I don't really know yet, but I will !

13 minutes ago, Music said:

Yeah, those are really fantastic songs... There are still some albums I don't really know yet, but I will !

They are all worth discovering.  You won't be disappointed !  

11 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

ABBA and QUEEN are probably the best bands ever existed. 

Abba is my all time favourite band and favourite music act after Madonna.  I adore Queen as well.   You have great taste :thumbsup:

This song SHOULD have been a single.  Absolute pop perfection.  Beats virtually every pop song around. .