New Album Rumours & Discussion

I agree. I miss the days of turning on the radio and hearing "Here's Madonna's new song" and being like "What??" But I think it's unavoidable that we know everything because of the internet. Times have changed. I do think it would be a little easier to be surprised if she didn't wait so long between albums now. It's impossible not to start looking, waiting, hesitating...

Oh my god, I miss those days too. The thrill was indescribable. This is why I stay away from rumour threads, and the like, after there's solid news of a release date.

I kinda did a similar experience with GMAYL. i didn't listened to any snippets at all, even when the demo leaked i didn't listen to it, i had absolutely no idea at all what the track sounded like, i wanted to be really surprised by hearing it on the radio like back in the days... and indeed i have been REALLY surprised... ..

I agree. I miss the days of turning on the radio and hearing "Here's Madonna's new song" and being like "What??" But I think it's unavoidable that we know everything because of the internet. Times have changed. I do think it would be a little easier to be surprised if she didn't wait so long between albums now. It's impossible not to start looking, waiting, hesitating...

I agree! The last time I remember listening to the radio and being completely surprised at a new M song was with You'll See. It has been 19 years now, so memory could be a little fuzzy but I swear it seems like the entire STR project just came out of nowhere. I remember knowing that she was releasing a ballads collection and she was gonna do a cover of I Want You, but You'll See just seemed to drop out of thin air. I couldn't even believe it was her because the voice sounded SO different! She was singing with power I didn't know ol girl was capable of.

I remember waiting to hear Vogue for the first time. There was such a buzz about Madonna's new single but I had no idea how it would sound. I remember the excitement of waiting for that.

I remember when a clip of Vogue was played on the tv. I'd heard nothing about the single and suddenly there was a video for a brand new song. It was amazing!

Same with ITG. It just came on the radio one evening and I knew nothing about the song even though I watched the Us charts because it was a b- side there.

I remember when a clip of Vogue was played on the tv. I'd heard nothing about the single and suddenly there was a video for a brand new song. It was amazing!

Same with ITG. It just came on the radio one evening and I knew nothing about the song even though I watched the Us charts because it was a b- side there.

I remember my brother (who is not a Madonna fan) told me:

"Hey! I heard the new madonna song on the radio...!"

I was so fucking jealous and thought it was unfair because I AM a fan and he's not... I asked him how it sounds and he told me "it's exactly like her last song with the piano..."

He was talking about the Keep it Together remix... :lol:

was speaking to someone on Instagram who states a friend of his has been hired a long with a few writers to come up with sounds/melodies/ideas - but Madonna will be writing the most - instructions were that she doesn't give a fuck - she wants dark, edgy, unconventional sounds - specifically Italian Disco vibes or "italo disco vibes"..

now before all you get on your high horses and start screaming like the queens you all are - its just hear-say - take a chill pill.

i quite like the idea of dark edgy italian disco sounds - anyone have any examples of this??

Boogie Woogie, please don't play with my feelings. I've been talking about Madonna doing Italo Disco since 2012. I would die if she does it :wow:

Now, Italo Disco started in 70's-80's but if you want some examples of it these days, check Chromatics and Glass Candy

Boogie Woogie, please don't play with my feelings. I've been talking about Madonna doing Italo Disco since 2012. I would die if she does it :wow:

Now, Italo Disco started in 70's-80's but if you want some examples of it these days, check Chromatics and Glass Candy

that sounds really really cool - i hope this get people associating Madonna with the edginess that she has always been known for...i think in recent years people are saying she's lost her savvyness towards new experimental sounds

was speaking to someone on Instagram who states a friend of his has been hired a long with a few writers to come up with sounds/melodies/ideas - but Madonna will be writing the most - instructions were that she doesn't give a fuck - she wants dark, edgy, unconventional sounds - specifically Italian Disco vibes or "italo disco vibes"..

now before all you get on your high horses and start screaming like the queens you all are - its just hear-say - take a chill pill.

i quite like the idea of dark edgy italian disco sounds - anyone have any examples of this??