New Album Rumours & Discussion

She's a mainstream commercial artist who is edgier than everyone else in that category. A woman who likes having big hits but has also taken occasional risks with single releases ranging from Live To Tell to Bedtime Story.

Guest Not4Pussies

hmmmm edgy...edgy? i saw edgy on mdna tour. pretty much

edgy is LAP, Erotica, releasing Bedtime Story and Human Nature as singles, ROL, Music, AL, releasing COADF when no one was releasing dance music

You could say Hard Candy was edgy, no one was using Timbaland at the time. And just Madonna in general, she never promotes her albums. So in a way, because of that, she doesn't think about commercial success.

For some reason I did not care about HC not sounding new, though. It felt like a Valentine to her pop fans after COADF, which was a gift to her dance fans. Of course we are all of us many kinds of fans. I loved the blissful pop of Heartbeat, the flawless vocals of Miles Away, and the darkness of DWRY and Voices which seemed so out of place at the end: love it.

i think you're confusing mainstream with commercial.. ior maybe i am. who knows :p know what you mean though. this is how i see it: madonna is mainstream and tried to be commercial with hard candy and MDNA but it didn't always work. tori amos didn't really try to be mainstream but some of her work ended up being commercial. same for bjork. hope I'm making sense :) I'm not very familiar with lana del rey, i just know of her biggest hits and assume she only released those as singles. what i meant is that there are a lot of both mainstream and commercial acts that try to take on an "indie" image. i believe lana started that way with her "lana del rey" image (because she had other music and another name & look before her current... "persona") (or that's what i always thought anyway. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

:electropop::s377:

hoping here to get some news during the paparazzi/journalists moment in Toronto for the Hard Candy gym

Yep. I assume today and tomorrow will be about preparations for the HCF Toronto gig. And doing the laundry of course. Let's hope she spills some beans on album work. Soothe our existential angst!