Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

Madonna NEVER does anything to hype her past works and their milestones.

Like John Norris on MTV said, she's the least nostalgic artist he's ever met.

Even on her tours, she only does about 6 classic songs, but she changes the structure of those songs around so much that they almost feel "new".

The irony of this is that most people in America think that she's living off her "80sglorydays" and they think that the reason her tours are so successful is because she "sings all her hits from the 80s".

When the COMPLETE opposite is true.

Melrose, I think you are selling the American people a bit short here. I doubt that most American people would think that, it is pretty well known that Madonna does not perform all of the past hits and performs heaps of new songs. Madonna is an icon in America, don't let the negative press take away from the fact that she is the most popular female pop singer in American history. So many people love her in America with a passion - it is so obvious from the footage of her USA concerts and reaction of her performances on USA tv shows, awards shows etc.

^ Yeah of course Madonna is an icon and a legend in the US, but most people identify her with the 80s and 80s culture

Just like when Madonna did the Superbowl in 2012, a lot of people were saying "Why Madonna, the 80zs are over!"

People I know were STUNNED when I told them that she sold more albums in the 90s then she did in the 80s.

She's regarded as an "80s icon" to a lot of people in the US

Because both she and her music defined the 1983-1990 period, that could be why some thing that. Of course she enjoyed a lot of success thereafter and stirred the pot on more than one occasion (especially 1992/1993), but that period was HERS.

I don't know if it really is the official Madonna channel on Dailymotion as it claims to be but they published Like a Prayer played backwards. It's pretty cool, very satanic :) Sounds like an extended version of Act of contrition

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11uw7y_madonna-like-a-prayer-official-video_music

Melrose, I think you are selling the American people a bit short here. I doubt that most American people would think that, it is pretty well known that Madonna does not perform all of the past hits and performs heaps of new songs. Madonna is an icon in America, don't let the negative press take away from the fact that she is the most popular female pop singer in American history. So many people love her in America with a passion - it is so obvious from the footage of her USA concerts and reaction of her performances on USA tv shows, awards shows etc.

Yeah, many people love her but it's very common that people say that she lives off past glory, and that her tours are successful because she is a "nostalgia act". Every time she goes on tour people say this, and it was said more than ever after MDNA was released.

I don't know if others think this but lately this forum has been full of people making threads and comments about non-fans negative perceptions of Madonna and therefore giving these opinions credit. It is becoming frustrating to have to keep reading these stupid views on a Madonna fan forum.

I don't know if others think this but lately this forum has been full of people making threads and comments about non-fans negative perceptions of Madonna and therefore giving these opinions credit. It is becoming frustrating to have to keep reading these stupid views on a Madonna fan forum.

+1 You know how I feel about this.

plus all these non fans perceptions are clearly false

+1000

Guest Rachelle of London

Jan EVERYONE sees it!!!!!

Has the other forum that shouldn't be named closed down or something

Jan EVERYONE sees it!!!!!

Has the other forum that shouldn't be named closed down or something

I agree. this is way beyond the normal "should she, or shouldn't she" threads preceding a new era.

I think both of those other forums are hemorrhaging members. 5-10 active members does not a forum make.

Alright so here's my LAP "exclusive".

Probably not what you were expecting - but sadly I don't have any unseen footage from the LAP video or Pepsi ad!

I basically wanted to put something online to mark this important birthday and the only thing I could think of was this Live pro-shot performance of LAP from the Blond Ambition Tour in Boston, USA.

A few years ago I bought some unseen concert footage - so that's where this is from. It was filmed professionally with multiple cameras to be shown only during the show on a giant screen at the front of the concert arena in Boston - and has never been seen anywhere since (to my knowledge).

I hope you all enjoy! Happy Birthday to Like A Prayer! :-) :-)

Probably not what you were expecting - but sadly I don't have any unseen footage from the LAP video or Pepsi ad!
I basically wanted to put something online to mark this important birthday and the only thing I could think of was this Live pro-shot performance of LAP from the Blond Ambition Tour in Boston, USA.
A few years ago I bought some unseen concert footage - so that's where this is from. It was filmed professionally with multiple cameras to be shown only during the show on a giant screen at the front of the concert arena in Boston - and has never been seen anywhere since (to my knowledge).

OMG THANK YOU

The LTT outro...

U fucking cocktease

Thank you for sharing this. This really took be back to when I was a kid in the late eighties brimming with excitement for the new song, video and album! Sheer EXCELLENCE! :madonna2::thumbsup::clap:

:inlove::clap:

Thanks!