Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

Does anyone have the FUSE special where the crew talked about the video? I think Niki is in it too, proclaiming how she wanted nothing to do with it

EXCLUSIVE DIVING BOARD TEASER!!!

Guys! I was taking the piss with this and thought it was obvious. Threw it together in two seconds and even left in the "Partnership For A Drug Free America" on the end of it. :rotfl: Sorry to anyone who took it seriously.

The original PSA featuring a model with a very LAP-Madonna look ran on television around the same time as the album and that commercial is what I immediately pictured when discussion of Madonna allegedly taking a flying leap from a diving board in outtake footage started surfacing. :lol:

Hopefully they show footage of blond ambition tour rehearsal of till death do us part, before she axed it for causing a commotion..................................

Kidding :)

omg. i was freaking out! anyhow, it would be hilarious to see tddup during the wheres the party section.

• 2 weeks later...

This was just posted on the madonna-tvonline youtube channel.

A hint?

Jamesy, do you have the modified commercial???? Or finally a HQ version to share?

Hey!

No - my "exclusive" isn't a different Pepsi ad I'm afraid sorry!

I don't want to spoil the "surprise". I just wanted to share something special to mark this anniversary.

I'm always in danger of over-hyping things - all my ads and trailers are meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek no matter what they are about - in the vein of OTT cinema trailers or cheesey TV ads. :-)

As well as the "biggie" on March 2nd, I will be posting as many LAP TV clips as I can dig out over the next month. I do have the full pepsi ad in HQ (taped off TV by myself in 1989) and I'll upload that. Plus news reports etc.

A few versions of the Pepsi teaser too (I already put the USA and Irish TV versions here the other day: http://www.madonna-tv.com/2014/02/1989-irish-tv-pepsi-ad-teaser.html).

PepsiTeaser.JPG

The whole Like A Prayer release with the Pepsi ad, video controversy and everything, was one of the most magical times in my teenage years as a Madonna fan. I want to document as much as I can about that time (through video mostly), to either remind everyone else what it was like or to show those who missed out on it, what they were missing!

Am also uploading scans of newspaper cuttings about all of that stuff on my Facebook page if anyone is interested:

http://facebook.com/MadonnaTV

:-)

It's funny how they made premiering a new song in a commercial such a big deal. It was innovative back then, now it's just a typical and common thing to do.

... all my ads and trailers are meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek no matter what they are about - in the vein of OTT cinema trailers or cheesey TV ads. :-)

:-)

Hi Jamesy, thank you for clarifying this for the rest of the members. Like Madonna, you have a parodic sense of humor. Criticizing mainstream trailers, ads, consumerism etc. I've been laughing my head off actually at all your likeaprayer25 ads. At the same time I'm excited to see the old footage even if there isn't much unseen. Loving your work. Thank you for all over the years. And your tongue-in- cheek Madonna humor.