Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

I hope not. LAP isn't such a bad staple to have in her 'must perform' list.

...and you know that the only song she'd replace it with would be La Isla Bonita.

Why would you wish us all such a fate? LOL

She hasn't performed "Holiday" in years. Its one of her signature songs too.

I think LAP is getting too much attention in her amazing back catalog.

I stay in my opinion; give it a rest woman.

Vogue can rest too. Play Into The Groove. Its just as iconic.

I'm so jealous of everyone who is old enough to remember when this amazing album was released. I was a toddler when this came out but it was the first Madonna album I ever bought and it's what made me become a big fan of hers. I can't really say anything that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of an album but I'm really enjoying this thread.

I would just love for her to perform "Cherish" and "Oh Father" on her next tour.

Im still bitter how Miss You Much stopped Cherish from no.1 spot.

And then she had to copy Madonna in her Love will Never do video. The nerve..

I cant be arsed to look through, has anyone posted any reviews of the album (from when it was released?)

Yes. Go take a look.

Nothing gets the type of response that LAP gets from the audience when she performers it, even amongst other classics, there's just something special about this song. It has a life of its own, and I can see why she wants to perform it often.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Surprised Warners never milked a remastered deluxe 25th Anniversary boxset of LAP :newspaper: imagine the demos, outtakes, remixes, etc. floating around.

Mizzz Cynthia Lopez did it right with her 30th anniversary of She's So Unusual.

Surprised Warners never milked a remastered deluxe 25th Anniversary boxset of LAP :newspaper: imagine the demos, outtakes, remixes, etc. floating around.

Mizzz Cynthia Lopez did it right with her 30th anniversary of She's So Unusual.

Cyndi was 100% behind the anniversary edition, though (which was released six months late :) ). Warners can't release anything without Madonna's permission, so until Madonna wants an anniversary edition of any of her albums issued, it won't happen. It would be phenomenal to have demos and outtakes for each Madonna album, but I don't think we're ever going to be that lucky, unfortunately :(

• 3 weeks later...

"Like a prayer" is the best song ever. :wink:I've found a site where every single song by Madonna is rated (we can participate to the votes), and it's ranked number 1!! Here is the final chart: http://jersy.alwaysdata.net/cgi-bin/charts.pl?it=2&ia=674

Poor Rescue Me. It comes last! :(

because, let´s face it, RM, it´s an ok song,not a classic

I like the high rank of "Lucky Star", whereas some critics called it "a forgettable song". :tongue: