Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

Some memories of LAP..

It was released around Easter weekend. I remember thinking, oh she's gonna burn in Hell for sure releasing this around the most important Catholic holiday LOL. Not serious of course, but I remember thinking the timing of it all took hutzpah.

The AIDS info insert and the packaging smelling of incense.

My friend Wendy instantly turning in her Madonna fan card after seeing the LAP video. She had seen it before I did (I was always late bc too poor for cable). She told me not to watch. "It made me wanna throw up at the end," she said. I watched it, of course, and love it to this day. One of the greatest videos of all time (if not THE).

Can someone please (once and for all) answer a question about Like A Prayer? On the cover of the record it says " A DIGITAL RECORDING". Does this mean the sound on the record, CD, etc is as good as it gets? Or can it be RE-mastered for a better sound quality? Same for everything POST LAP. In my opinion, for example, "I'm Breathless" could stand a good do-over, if you know what I mean.

Hopefully they show footage of blond ambition tour rehearsal of till death do us part, before she axed it for causing a commotion..................................

Kidding :)

Can someone please (once and for all) answer a question about Like A Prayer? On the cover of the record it says " A DIGITAL RECORDING". Does this mean the sound on the record, CD, etc is as good as it gets? Or can it be RE-mastered for a better sound quality? Same for everything POST LAP. In my opinion, for example, "I'm Breathless" could stand a good do-over, if you know what I mean.

Probably WB's Digital Analogue that they touted for years. That sticker was on nearly every CD or cassette I bought back then. I think it just happens that LAP had it printed on the cover.