Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

Like A Prayer was the very first album that I ever bought. Brings back so many memories of my friends and I pissing off my neighbours during the spring of '89 by blasting the whole album out of my bedroom window at top volume!! I was raised by my grandmother who was VERY religious,so of course Madonna was the epitome of Satan in her eyes!! I used to love threading my rosary beads through the lapels of my jeans so that the cross would dangle low down by my dick. What a little fucker I was!! Sorry gran! Madonna made me do it!! Lol. Happy 25th Like A Prayer!! Xx

Alright so here's my LAP "exclusive".
Probably not what you were expecting - but sadly I don't have any unseen footage from the LAP video or Pepsi ad!
I basically wanted to put something online to mark this important birthday and the only thing I could think of was this Live pro-shot performance of LAP from the Blond Ambition Tour in Boston, USA.
A few years ago I bought some unseen concert footage - so that's where this is from. It was filmed professionally with multiple cameras to be shown only during the show on a giant screen at the front of the concert arena in Boston - and has never been seen anywhere since (to my knowledge).
I hope you all enjoy! Happy Birthday to Like A Prayer! :-) :-)

mesmerizing! :dramatic: thank you!!! :bow::clap:

I don't know if others think this but lately this forum has been full of people making threads and comments about non-fans negative perceptions of Madonna and therefore giving these opinions credit. It is becoming frustrating to have to keep reading these stupid views on a Madonna fan forum.

+1

Guest gang bang

Happy 25 years Like a prayer one of the most legendary songs ever and by a female artist , the most important song of the last 25 years by a female artist , a radio airplay timeless song , also the reaction that Madonna fans and people in general have when hear that song or when see Madonna performs it is Epic ..

BAT and RIT (because of Democratic convention) were Worcester, no? Its been Boston everything other time though.

Yeah - I'm totally confused about all this. Throughout the show Madonna only refers to "Boston", even though the venue is in a place called Worcester. So I dunno what to call it lol! :-)

BTW - can I just say thanks to everyone on here for such positive feedback to me posting the video.

I really appreciate all the nice comments and it has been a PLEASURE to have put this video online and find that so many people have enjoyed watching it. This forum is the BEST place I've ever experienced as a Madonna fan.

March 1989 - I was a few months away from graduating from high school. Needless to say, my friends and I worshipped this song (and the video). Sadly, two months after the video was released my dad had died. This song was there for me. I remember having to take a couple of summer school classes in order to get all my credits. (I ended up missing a lot of school that spring). I played this song, pretty much, non-stop during that time.

March 1989 - I was a few months away from graduating from high school. Needless to say, my friends and I worshipped this song (and the video). Sadly, two months after the video was released my dad had died. This song was there for me. I remember having to take a couple of summer school classes in order to get all my credits. (I ended up missing a lot of school that spring). I played this song, pretty much, non-stop during that time.

Thank you for sharing this story. :-)

I've often wondered if LAP is love letter to her mother.

Does anyone have the FUSE special where the crew talked about the video? I think Niki is in it too, proclaiming how she wanted nothing to do with it

Uploaded this last night to my Facebook page - you can watch it here (in 3 parts).

Nice documentary with contributions from Mary Lambert, Sharon Oreck, Leon Robinson, Joe Pytka, Niki Haris etc. :-) :-)

http://www.madonna-tv.com/2014/03/2007-videos-that-rocked-world-like.html

• 3 weeks later...

Everything I can see online says it was first released on March 21st...I know that'll only be in certain countries, but there are countless references to that date. and the Billboard piece today uses that.