Will the new album be country-esque?

Guest Xanthium

Guest Xanthium

Since Madonna is about to hit the studio and she's obviously in full force creative mode, do you think the recent Southern preacher/cowgirl outfits are any indication of her next musical direction? Are we in for more guitars, Joe Henry, Americana, southern melancholia and the like? Sounds DIVINE if you ask me :wow: As long as it's something new and not a retread of the Music era.

Guest Rocco Papa

please no

"country" isn't really my thing.

I wasn't a fan the first time she did it and I wouldn't be a fan if she did it a second time, either.

she should do something she hasn't done before.

I find country music, in general, to be kinda boring and generic sounding (except my dear, sweet Dolly of course). But, as long as it's with her own twist (which of course it will be), I'm all for it. It would definitely be a nice change of pace. I really enjoyed the banjo in Love Spent! :laugh:

Something's up with this theme, that's for sure. Then again, we saw the MDNA era radically shifting gears with W.E. and Superbowl and GMAYL video, and GGW and the tour and onwards... Hooefully she figures out one vision and sticks to it this time.

I love gagnsta-pimp-country donna!

She has a different concept now, very urban and she's into black culture lately thanks to Rocco, i need her to write with Frank Ocean and do her work with Pharell.

I would love for her to work with Frank and Pharell

• 1 month later...
Guest Xanthium

THE PLOT THICKENS

Even more evidence of a country themed era with Madonna choosing to work with Avicii, who is known for incorporating country music with dance.

THE COAL MINER'S DAUGHTERDONNA

THE PLOT THICKENS

Even more evidence of a country themed era with Madonna choosing to work with Avicii, who is known for incorporating country music with dance.

THE COAL MINER'S DAUGHTERDONNA

He may have incorporated country music into his dance music on a few of his songs on his album, but there are many other styles he has incorporated on that album too.

Anyway, I hope it's not a country album, I don't mind one or two songs being a bit country like Don't Tell Me, but not the whole album.