Overlooked Tour Performances

IsaacHarris

Inspired by those Best/ Worst threads, I've decided to make one dedicated to the forgotten live gems. Certain tour performances are rarely, if ever, discussed round these parts, so let's celebrate our favorite ignored live performances. Which ones would you consider overlooked & under appreciated (as far as this forum goes).

Post examples & share why you love them! :wow:

Madonna aint nobody's actress on the big screen, but the women is pure comedy onstage; BAT was full of funny moments (the banter w/ Donna & Niki especially) but my favorite example of GOOFdonna would have to be the beginning 0:00 - 2:16.

"You got alotta nerve...You know what? you gotta lotta DICK." :rotfl:

I'm Breathless gets a lot of shit, but Now I'm Following You is unarguably THE JAM. And it worked so well, live! Her footwork is masterful, their dancing is on-point, and them innuendos are a hoot. I love the ending dance break/ slight strip tease at the very end. You could consider it an interlude, but I damn sure don't; it's like three performances all in one, really. It's intensely fabulous & one of my favorite lip-synced extravaganzas. Theater is truly her element, yall! It's just so fun.

giphy.gif

Well since her most unappreciated tour is WTG, I could list a number of perfs from that show...

Haha! I was gonna list Lucky Star and Into the Groove from WTG. :-)

When I saw Blond Ambition, I'm breathless was about 2 weeks away from being released, so I had never even heard SoL HP or NIFY. It was weird not knowing the lyrics to songs at a Madonna show! NIFY was definitely a highlight.

Deeper and Deeper from RIT was amazing as well.

Who's That Girl

Look of Love

White Heat

Papa Don't Preach (umm, first use of a backdrop video on a Madonna tour!)

all those from WTG, just wonderful!

And I really really like Into The Groove from BAT. Infact, i prefer a lot of the BAT versions over the WTG live renditions, like Causing a Commotion.

"Everybody" from Virgin Tour is one of my all-time fave M live performances, but even ppl who love & know Virgin barely mention it. She looked so adorable in those little boots, droopy skirt, hat and dangling necklace. It was also the first appearance of BOOMBOX WHORE

Love this when she breaks into Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch :tigger:

Me too! And when she bangs the hat, scolds the boy for "getting an erection" and then sashays up the stage w/ her perfect bubble butt LOL

MTV US used to always air a concise edit version of "Into The Groove" from the Ciao Italia home video during their Madonnarama marathons. That one holds a special place in my heart.

For this thread I'ma pick "La Isla Bonita" from The Girlie Show. A decade before she exhausted the song by including it on every tour, she presented the song in its best-ever arrangement. Like much of that tour, she delivers the song with an enormous amount of power and passion.

gis811.jpg

Viva!

I love love love love love love love Secret from DWT. A highlight. So beautiful. And the accompanying video too.

I was obsessed with the backdrops from this tour! The paradise video, the secret backdrop, and the Don't tell Me white horse in the desert backdrop.

Holiday, GS. I love the whole performance, she seems sooooo happy. And the end, while she starts going crazy and doesnt' want to leave the stage. I always laugh a lot

And i know people raved a lot with I'm a Sinner, but later it was overshadow with other fantastic moments like LAV Waltz or GGW or Gang Bang. But i love the simplicity and the good energy!

Guest ditaluver

i think CAC from BA is one of the best! I know all the moves baby!!!!!!!!

and i loved her commentary after/during each performance. I downloaded every bootleg from that tour I could just to hear her get feisty!

COAD - Paradise not for me - One of my favorite songs and a nice version

S&S - Heartbeat

MDNA - Papa dont preach - unfortunatley its too short

DWT - Nobodey knows me (her music album was really the best, next to ROL)

RIT - Die another day

COAD - Paradise not for me - One of my favorite songs and a nice version

S&S - Heartbeat

MDNA - Papa dont preach - unfortunatley its too short

DWT - Nobodey knows me (her music album was really the best, next to ROL)

RIT - Die another day

When?

Virgin Tour: Over&over

Who's That Girl: Where's the party

Blond Ambition: Sooner or Later

Girlie Show: Why's it so hard?

Drowned World: I deserve it

ReInvention: Mother&father

Confessions: Erotica/ You thrill me

Sticky&Sweet: Spanish Lesson

Mdna: I don't give a F