Boss Hogdonna Grammys Thread!

Camacho

I do think theres beef she has w/ the Grammys that prob. stems from all the snubs during the first 15 years of her career (her most iconic period). The fact that fckin Taylor Swift, JT etc..sweep up Grammys like theyre a D list Teen Awards shows while she got consistently overlooked for Like A Prayer (*song and album*) and endless other legendary, flawless songs and albums during that period that were def. 'Grammy worthy' is beyond criminal. How on earth was Music any better than Vogue, Like A Prayer, Live To Tell (to name a short few)? It's just that in 1998 'suddenly' the Grammy fuckers for whatever the reason woke up and cleaned out their crusty ears and eyes and it became acceptable and cool to start awarding a woman who they saw wasn't going anywhere after all lol :#.

Hard to say. Although I doubt it. Fact is that other super successful and influential musicians, mostly the Beatles, never won a Grammy during their prime. There are others as well. Problem is the voting process. Keep in mind that the Academy are a few hundred or even thousand members who vote. Of course there is a lot of jealousy. In addition to that there are a lot of conservative people as well. Which may explain why she didn't get any award during the 80s and early 90s. Simply because she was to confrontational. Not only for the academy also for the viewers at home. When ROL came she had mellowed down, became spiritual and the album itself was too big and too good to be ignored. Of course she was snubbed the next time with Music because of f*cking Steely Dan. They should have never won Best Pop Album. I mean, really? But having them nominated in this category they had to win because how could they have justified the win for Album of the year if they had lost to Madonna? She lost because they had to win the most prestigious award. It was politics.

About her voice:I think she sounded good,but not great,because she knew she was going to sing with that lambert girl,who has a marvellous voice.otherwise,I'm sure she would sound better.but great,she sang good.

About she looking weird:right,botox,she always has botox before another era stars.But,I think she also looked seird because of the eyes' makeup,and because the camera's angle,from under instead of being shot a little bit up-down

Queen latifa appeared too much,and although she was great,I think shebinterrupted a little bit madonna's big entrance

The thing that ENRAGES me when people sprout BS about Madonna not caring about gay people, is the fact that she was pro gay in interviews as early as 1985!

Nearly 30 fucking years ago!

Before every other female pop artist with a gay following decided it was cool to court the gays

Even Cher and Cyndi didn't come out as gay supporters until their career were in decline in the mid 90s.

MADONNA DID IT FIRST

And the Popkustice forum is a mess with people bringing up Madonna being a racist and that she brought her son out as a prop

The thing that ENRAGES me when people sprout BS about Madonna not caring about gay people, is the fact that she was pro gay in interviews as early as 1985!

Before every other female pop artist with a gay following decided it was cool to court the gays

Even Cher and Cyndi didn't come out as gay supporters until their career were in decline in the mid 90s.

MADONNA DID IT FIRST

And the Popkustice forum is a mess with people bringing up Madonna being a racist and that she brought her son out as a prop

madonna,and liz taylor,I remember both of them being alwayd very supportive

MADONNA DID IT FIRST

Exactly! She did it when it wasn't the cool thing to do. Even Elton was in the closet back then.

Ugh, those comments about David ENRAGES me. He is a child, leave him alone.

Anyway, that moment when Ryan Lewis gently pushed Queen Latifa away omg :lmao:

95 percent of the shit comments are coming from nobodies. it's the tragedy of living in the times we do -- everyone has a voice now thanks to the internet and talk shows.

Good on Madonna for keeping up on the hate in the masses, really. Nothing has changed.

While Madonna grasps onto her relevance with the force of a Vulcan death grip, Cyndi Lauper prances happily along into her fourth decade of utter coolness. She arrives on the Grammy red carpet in vintage caped couture from Alexander McQueen, which she accessorizes with a gold-and-black nails, gold hand bangles, Raggedy Ann's weave and a behemoth

bejeweled choker fit for the pop queen she is.

WTF?

I guess I'm tone deaf or just plain bias, I thought she sounded loverly

Exactly. And people should keep in mind that she was not just singing OYH. It was layered with Same Love. Hence it was slower than the original version. Then this was in a key she might not be the most comfortable with. She had to sing in the same key as Mary Lambert and therefore had to sing much from her head voice which sounded quite forced. She is more relaxed when she uses her lower register. But that's about it.

Very rarely I post in this forum but I have to say that after seeing this performance, I am glad to be a fan of Madonna.

ps: The feedback regarding performance is excellent here in Portugal. And in fact, I do not think there are so many negative reviews as some people would have you believe. The performance is considered one of the highlights of the evening. Fact.

While Madonna grasps onto her relevance with the force of a Vulcan death grip, Cyndi Lauper prances happily along into her fourth decade of utter coolness. She arrives on the Grammy red carpet in vintage caped couture from Alexander McQueen, which she accessorizes with a gold-and-black nails, gold hand bangles, Raggedy Ann's weave and a behemoth

WTF?

Alcoholism is a plague.

WTF?

OMG the delusion

WTF?

Where is this sh*t from? Poor Cindy looked horrible. Utter coolness? Hardly. Prancing along happily? Maybe. But she has no reason to worry. She has nothing to loose. I like Cindy but it must be said she shouldn't have won the Tony for Kinky Boots. Matilda was robbed.

The hashtag controverst IS NOT GOING AWAY

And last night TMZ, who REALLY have it out for Madonna asked Nelly what he thought about her use of the word and he said that "she fucked up".

And how come none of the older MALE artists are even being talked about as having even attended.

When Madonna is being talked about EVERYWHERE in both positive and negative ways.

That's because she's RELEVANT

By the way I was looking through an 1985 People cover story on Madonna a few days ago and in the article she talks about the influence of Christopher Flynn and her love and affinity for gay men

And this way fucking 1985, when her fanbase was still predominantly teenage girls and a lot of horny straight teenage boys.

Why do so many fans concentrate on either picking her apart themselves or posting every negative comment that they read about her ?

yes. I'm out of this thread and won't come back. I'm tired of this.

WTF?

I have nothing against La Lauper and her miniscule legacy, but this is a joke. Right?

Cyndi hasn't been anywhere close to being a relevant female pop star since 1989 and I'm being generous with that year.

NONE of her albums or singles released since 1990 have been commercially successful

No certifications, no hit songs, no decemt selling albums

NOTHING

I do think she has talent and seems like a cool nice person however

people claiming Madge is just using gays (like Gaga) have no clue or are plain stupid.

Already late 70's and early 80's. Even before that. Madonna and gays.

how amazing is she looking here? she looks so intimidating and charismatic! butterflies! ONLY madonna does that to me. and maybe freddie mercury when I was younger.

tumblr_n01lxb4dTI1s3y9slo2_r1_400.gif

thank GOD they REMOVED that hand hailing fat lady to the side..