CONFIRMED: Madonna will perform at the Grammys on Sunday!

Apples388

It has been great time for fans, the momentum of MDNA tour contininued. 1st with the secret project and AFF and now with granny's(auto correct I swear lol) and new album news. 2014 shaping up to be a great era!

Oh and I love Nicole, she just seem so genuinely exited to be working with M.

i still would like to hear M singing (or better say talking the words) from beyonce song

I'm with you, but pretty sure that ship has sailed. No way they would've been able to keep that secret until now? I'd be shocked if they pulled something like that off.

Madonna will rehearse TONIGHT:

Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor Rock Hard at GRAMMY Rehearsals

Between rehearsals of Chicago with Robin Thicke and a super group that brings together Trent Reznor, Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham and Queens of the Stone Age, the GRAMMYs' consulting sound engineer Doug Mountain took us on a tour of Staples Center and detailed the technology being used for Sunday's telecast.

As of 1 p.m. Friday (Jan. 24), there were up to 50 wireless microphones and 18 wireless guitar set ups -- and both those numbers will grow as each band comes in for rehearsal. The Reznor-Grohl-QOTSA outfit took the stage and spent a good 15 minutes getting the drum and electronics sound correct before rehearsing the song.

They, like all of the 21 scheduled performances, run through the song four times. They then bring in the lights, camera and effects for another four run-throughs.

A voice boomed over the PA -- "Dave wants more shaker" -- after one run-through and as they set about building their two-song medley (GRAMMY organizers want us to keep it a secret), they very loudly applied one layer atop the other. Meanwhile, in other corners of the Staples Center, musicians were rehearsing for the Beatles special that will tape Monday. Among the songs to be covered: “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” “Let it Be” and, a bit of an obscurity, “Hey Bulldog.”

The rehearsals will continue through Saturday night with the arrival of Madonna and, if time allows, Jay Z and Beyonce, who are not expected until late Saturday night. They might be rehearsing the morning of the show.

Mountain broke down the production by the numbers:

3 million watts of electricity will be used to power the venue and production.

4,000 staff members, but only 3,200 parking spaces.

1,000 video clips loaded for use during the show. About 200 of them will never be used.

230 audio frequencies in use during the show.

192 channels to feed audio signals to multi-track recordings.

170 tons of equipment hanging from the roof of Staples Center

64 JBL Vertec speakers.

21 subwoofers -- 16 in the air with five on the ground to rattle Staples.

17 cameras for the telecast -- three of which are Steadicams.

10 animators to create visual images for the performances.

10 video screens that collectively weight 3 tons.

10 smoke machines

8 tractor trailers of equipment.

5 tons is the weight of P!nk's flying rig alone.

0 pre-recorded lead vocals.

source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/grammys-2014/5885283/dave-grohl-trent-reznor-rock-hard-at-grammy-rehearsals

Guest Not4Pussies

yes im 20 minutes away. it would be hard to be exactly outside staples center since theres always security and the many entrances are always blocked. the closest is being across the street or at LA Live which is next to staples center.

Isn't Downtown LA kinda a bit inconvenient to reach? I mean, with the location and all the traffic down there I wouldn't want to get there on a week-end, especially not if it's not even sure you can actually hear her rehearsing. I would imagine the Forum being in a better location for that.

I don't know though lol, would be great if many fans head there and check out the rehearsals, but we can't expect them to ;)

Guest Not4Pussies

Isn't Downtown LA kinda a bit inconvenient to reach? I mean, with the location and all the traffic down there I wouldn't want to get there on a week-end, especially not if it's not even sure you can actually hear her rehearsing. I would imagine the Forum being in a better location for that.

I don't know though lol, would be great if many fans head there and check out the rehearsals, but we can't expect them to ;)

youre absolutely right. its in downtown LA. they close down the streets and block the entrances.

Guest Pud Whacker

easy and fast to get there. my way.

I feel like if she is including a song of her's into the mix, it could be Whys it so hard, I know it's random, but it has a very similar feel lyrically and could easily mesh well.

It's so exciting to try and figure out what she's gonna do! I learned a long long time ago that trying to predict something from Madonna is never gonna be what you expect. She still surprises me, and tomorrow will be no different!