CONFIRMED: Madonna will perform at the Grammys on Sunday!

Apples388

A rundown:

• Yep, the rumors are true. Madonna will perform with one of the nominated acts.
  • Rock band Imagine Dragons and rapper Kendrick Lamar are paired in an organic mashup. "They gravitated toward each other," says executive producer Ken Ehrlich. "Sometimes we force the issue, but they really like each other."
  • Pink and fun.'s Nate Ruess are teamed, presumably for their hit Just Give Me A Reason.
  • Other pairings include country star Keith Urban with guitar great Gary Clark Jr., Metallica with Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang and Sara Bareilles with Carole King.
  • Ringo Starr will perform his 1973 hit Photograph against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. Paul McCartney also is on the bill, and the two sharing the stage remains a possibility.
  • Robin Thicke and veteran band Chicago plan a medley.
  • Billie Joe Armstrong and Miranda Lambert will salute the late Phil Everly during an In Memoriam segment.
  • John Legend will sing All of Me from his Love In the Future album. Also in the solo spotlight are Lorde, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kacey Musgraves and Hunter Hayes.
  • A hard-rock finale brings together Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

The range of talent "is pretty extraordinary this year, from the tried and true to the new," says Neil Portnow, president/CEO of the Recording Academy. "You see a lot of great established artists in the nominations, artists into their sophomore or junior albums who are soaring, and some brand new people who broke out with very different kinds of music. For us, that's the best-case scenario."

The chief challenge this year? The calendar. The Winter Olympics pushed the Grammy show two weeks earlier than usual.

"It's been a sprint to the finish line, but I've got the A team," Portnow says.

Also complicating matters is the simultaneous production of a Beatles all-star tribute, which tapes Monday after several days of rehearsals that overlap with Grammy preparations.

"My staff is going to kill me, and they have every right to," says Ehrlich, producer of both shows.

They don't mention Macklemore, so I reckon Madonna is probably gonna perform with him. Idk. Guessing.

1017153_10152140641422180_430837243_n.jp

It's official! I'm off my crutches and I'm looking for the perfect pair of heels to wear to the Grammys..........#instagrammy

*DIES*

I know i'm late to the party seeing this but i'm so excited...

tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

I'm definitely leaning on Madonna singing Mary Lambert's part of Same Love with Macklemore. It only just clicked with me that Same Love featured a female singer.

I agree it would be incredible! I love them and I love that song.................!

Somebody now in LA, Would to approach the stadium to try to hear something of the rehearsal? Madonna will be rehearsing today in the Staples Center.

Yes could someone who lives close to the stadium check it out?

Getting on stage with Macklemore would make WAY more sense to me than a Katy Perry hook up: it just fits so much better with the Revolution of Love message. And an acoustic version could be very powerful! This would be my preferred scenario.

Guest Not4Pussies

Getting on stage with Macklemore would make WAY more sense to me than a Katy Perry hook up: it just fits so much better with the Revolution of Love message. And an acoustic version could be very powerful! This would be my preferred scenario.

I second this