After recent controversies would THE BLACK MADONNA make a good album title?

That would make a cool album cover.

I think the title would have been a great title for the album, but the cover image idea probably would have been a bad idea, even though I would love to see what it looks like and how it would've gone over.

I dont see why she didnt want to do it. It was daring and very in her style. It would ve been perfect advertisement for HC and it would ve served just the right amount of controversy. In such a way HC would ve been remembered as an album and not as something that contained "the song she did with Justin". Lots of good songs were lost on HC, but she is to blame: she chose the wrong singles.

That would make a cool album cover.

I think the title would have been a great title for the album, but the cover image idea probably would have been a bad idea, even though I would love to see what it looks like and how it would've gone over.

To me it would have been amazing. Commenting on religious iconography, racial prejudice and superficiality all at once! Plus, the image would have been so god damn striking. Ugh. I would be so happy if it still happened.

To me it would have been amazing. Commenting on religious iconography, racial prejudice and superficiality all at once! Plus, the image would have been so god damn striking. Ugh. I would be so happy if it still happened.

I agree but it only would've worked out if the music and the concept of the album were the same. HC doesn't have the most deep and meaningful songs, it's all fun and the cover is just a reflection of it.

I agree but it only would've worked out if the music and the concept of the album were the same. HC doesn't have the most deep and meaningful songs, it's all fun and the cover is just a reflection of it.

I agree. Maybe she intended for Hard Candy to be in that vain initially buy it organically became something more direct.

Probably not a great album cover but a great magazine cover.

I didn't mean for that to be the album cover. It's just a cool image and its title is 'Black Madonna with twins'. I just didn't want to post that fan made image which everybody has somehow become convinced was meant to be the original album cover. :lol:

Well, if you want to know what would happen if she did an album like that, just take a look at the comments here. And they would be 100x times worse.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85104142.html?page=1#comments

It's not the same. Lots of morons made negative comments about Erotica and LAP. Would you remove them from her catalogue of extraordinary work? The world seriously has its priorities wrong and clearly is still full of backwards people.

If Black Madonna was a concept album with songs that dealt with racism, sexism and ageism and with an anonymous black woman on the cover (kind of what Trixie posted), the critics would've wet their pants.

Anyway, that train has come and gone. I'm more excited about M's next album...

If Black Madonna was a concept album with songs that dealt with racism, sexism and ageism and with an anonymous black woman on the cover (kind of what Trixie posted), the critics would've wet their pants.

Anyway, that train has come and gone. I'm more excited about M's next album...

I think it would be a completely different thing if she had a black woman on the cover, and not her/someone white in blackface. Now THAT would be interesting.

Painting your skin black isn't necessarily racist. Why does everybody assume that? I mean you could be painting your face black in order to show that skin colour is just that...jeez. Anyway I have a great feeling about the next M album. As in a positive reception.

Time for an alternate super controversial re-titling of all the Madonnica albums (tastications edit.)

Whore

Unlike a Virgin

True Shrew

Like a Wailing Wall

Erotica

Erotic Bedtime Stories

Ray of Satanic Light

Moans

Iraqi Life

Confessions in a Whore House

Hard Cock

MDMA

Time for an alternate super controversial re-titling of all the Madonnica albums (tastications edit.)

Whore

Unlike a Virgin

True Shrew

Like a Wailing Wall

Erotica

Erotic Bedtime Stories

Ray of Satanic Light

Moans

Iraqi Life

Hard Cock

MDMA

:dead:

Whore

Unlike a Virgin

True Shrew

Like a Wailing Wall

Erotica

Erotic Bedtime Stories

Ray of Satanic Light

Moans

Iraqi Life

Hard Cock

MDMA

Best post of 2014 (and 2013?) so far.

I would only rename "Moans" for "Hipster Musique."

I would think this would be a bad idea. The title and cover alone would distract people from the actual music. As much as some might think, it wouldn't be a big deal, it would not go over well with the general public, especially if it's Madonna herself painted in black. Many would say she's doing it for attention, and at this point in her career, I wouldn't totally disagree. The way people reacted over her "disnigga" comment on Instagram would multiply many times over. It wouldn't matter if she tried to explain her reasoning behind the cover. People will still twist it into something negative. Why would you want that for Madonna's career at this point, when she's already having a hard time getting her music heard by the general public.

I would think this would be a bad idea. The title and cover alone would distract people from the actual music. As much as some might think, it wouldn't be a big deal, it would not go over well with the general public, especially if it's Madonna herself painted in black. Many would say she's doing it for attention, and at this point in her career, I wouldn't totally disagree. The way people reacted over her "disnigga" comment on Instagram would multiply many times over. It wouldn't matter if she tried to explain her reasoning behind the cover. People will still twist it into something negative. Why would you want that for Madonna's career at this point, when she's already having a hard time getting her music heard by the general public.

I agree

It would have made the SEX controversy look like child's play. And I don't think in 2008 she'd have the cultural cachet to overcome the backlash like she did at her very peak. Thank god she didn't do it.

Plus, I could see the inspiration with it if she was making an album that explored racism, sexism, religion, global politics etc. (aka something like Like a Prayer or Erotica or American Life), but pairing it with Hard Candy, where the only inspiration for "Black Madonna" was a few urban beats with Timbaland and Pharrell (when she's always made urban music!) would look so embarrassing.

It would have made the SEX controversy look like child's play. And I don't think in 2008 she'd have the cultural cachet to overcome the backlash like she did at her very peak. Thank god she didn't do it.

Plus, I could see the inspiration with it if she was making an album that explored racism, sexism, religion, global politics etc. (aka something like Like a Prayer or Erotica or American Life), but pairing it with Hard Candy, where the only inspiration for "Black Madonna" was a few urban beats with Timbaland and Pharrell (when she's always made urban music!) would look so embarrassing.

:rolleyes: I think it's obvious that the concept was tongue in cheek in the first place.

You ever hear people saying 'do you listen to black music?'? I think that's what she was commenting on. People's ridiculously closed minds which are evident in this thread. Such a bunch of drama queens. BLACKDONNA SUMPREME NINJA!

:rolleyes: I think it's obvious that the concept was tongue in cheek in the first place.

You ever hear people saying 'do you listen to black music?'? I think that's what she was commenting on. People's ridiculously closed minds which are evident in this thread. Such a bunch of drama queens. BLACKDONNA SUMPREME NINJA!

Oh ok, I didn't get that. Seems sort of a tenuous reason to put on blackface. I know Madonna loves being ironic and poking fun at stuff like that, but there's no way that message would transfer coherently to the public.

As fans,*we* would have "got" it.We would have understood the humor,the irony,the message that Madonna was trying to make.

But,let's face it,everyone else would have tried to crucify her.It would have been a distracting controversy,which Madonna doesn't need.

As fans,*we* would have "got" it.We would have understood the humor,the irony,the message that Madonna was trying to make.

But,let's face it,everyone else would have tried to crucify her.It would have been a distracting controversy,which Madonna doesn't need.

Like the nipple flashing? There's controversy when she wears grills. If she's raising debate over something it's even better!

Nipple flashing or wearing grills do not even equate. Going black face on her next album, could very well be taken as disrespectful to a whole race of people. Do you really want her to go down that path just for the sake of creating a controversy or to spark a debate? And what sound reason is there for her to do this? What would she be enlightening the world to, by doing this? And what about the music? In fact, it seems to be already lost in this discussion. I guess the real question is, what are you hoping Madonna will get out of this, by naming her album "The Black Madonna"?

Nipple flashing or wearing grills do not even equate. Going black face on her next album, could very well be taken as disrespectful to a whole race of people. Do you really want her to go down that path just for the sake of creating a controversy or to spark a debate? And what sound reason is there for her to do this? What would she be enlightening the world to, by doing this?

Exactly.