Acts with the most Billboard #1 singles in the Rock Era...

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Well, Mariah makes songs that are made specially for USA radio programmers in mind. She basicly invented the "Rent-a-Rapper" thing. She is a very "safe" artist. Many people in USA like safe. I think she can easily score another 10 nr.1 hits in USA, if she rents the right people.

She will never be big internationally. She is too much for local taste.

HEr album did good worldwide, but still most of Mimis album sales are from USA.

I think Madonna could do the same career in USA if she wished. Just look at Bedtime Stories and TAB. I'm glad she want variety.

Guest thenabo
cause madonna is a genius and you know usa doesn't like the genius, they think they are smarter than the rest of the world. don't forget that when you are afraid is better a cow than a genius :thumbsup::vogue:

:lmao:

Guest missy bi_tch

Yeah, but whats the point of having these chart achievements if they were not reached fairly or if they were manipulated? :)

But that would be assuming that the charts have some greater importance or meaning and are fair and perfect to begin with, whch is completely wrong.

no one will know whether they are achieved through manipulation

madonna's quality cannot be measured by chart success alone

i agree with the usa ego thingy

they dun like anyone who's better let alone a settler of italian origins :)

Guest missy bi_tch

Well, Mariah makes songs that are made specially for USA radio programmers in mind. She basicly invented the "Rent-a-Rapper" thing. She is a very "safe" artist. Many people in USA like safe. I think she can easily score another 10 nr.1 hits in USA, if she rents the right people.

She will never be big internationally. She is too much for local taste.

HEr album did good worldwide, but still most of Mimis album sales are from USA.

I think Madonna could do the same career in USA if she wished. Just look at Bedtime Stories and TAB. I'm glad she want variety.

before mimi went the hip hoppy way in 97 (95 remixes with xscape and the jail man), she was pretty much in the same mould as celine...

sony probably decided on some differentiation of sorts and since mariah flaunting her sexuality and lookin all sweaty and sexy has far more credibility than celine, mariah became a black artists embracing her brothas and sistas and her black roots

else she will be croonin the same tunes as with celine

Guest bluejean

still would be an achievement wouldn't it?

now, we need someone to assassinate her.

Noooo! If Mariah died she'd get more publicity and they'd have lots of unreleased stuff to take to the top of the charts.

• 2 months later...

QUOTE(missy bi_tch @ Nov 30 2006, 10:15 AM) *

still would be an achievement wouldn't it?

now, we need someone to assassinate her.

Noooo! If Mariah died she'd get more publicity and they'd have lots of unreleased stuff to take to the top of the charts.

OK, another Glitter delirium plus nervous breakdown, then!

Guest missy bi_tch

all his number ones are from the last album!! :wow:

the 3rd single wasn't looking to go anyway near the top, languishing at the bottom of top 10 but a well-timed performance on the grammys featuring a charged and silly-video-myself-in-the-face-while-i-am-singing justin managed to rocket it up 7 notches

Guest Beautiful Stranger

i think people give videos too much credit for putting a song on top. barely anyone sees them anymore anyways.

True. Radio is the hit maker and sales generator.

Guest thenabo

MADONNA has 17 #1s... including Material Girl, Express Yourself, Cherish, I'll Remember and Frozen :angel:

Oh god that would have been so awesome.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

didnt 'shake it off' spent a month at n2...so moomoo wud still be ahead :zombie:

Blobriah has 17 #1's and 4 #2's. So 21 Top 2 singles.

and causing a commotion??? her 18th! that´s why it should have been

oops, I knew it was 18th, shame i forgot about another worthy #1, with 3 weeks at #2....

Blobriah has 17 #1's and 4 #2's. So 21 Top 2 singles.

her #2s are Can't Let Go, Endless Love, Loverboy, Shake It Off.... all are forgettable... only SIO could've been a "credible" #1 if not for Gold Digger

unlike MADONNA's #2s... all spent multiple weeks at #2 :rosey:

• 4 weeks later...

Artists With The Most #1 Hits In The Rock Era:

20 - The Beatles

17 - Mariah Carey, Elvis Presley

13 - Michael Jackson

12 - Madonna, The Supremes

please let there be a miracle and help MADONNA get a 13th #1 with her next single with MUSIC proportions...