Incredible. Amazing lyrics, great ending

karbatal

I'm not that keen on Hard Candy, but some songs from the album i like a lot. For example Heartbeat, or Beat Goes On, or Candy Shop (newer versions, to be fair). Incredible has always had something for me. Back then it was my fav track on the album, the ending is just amazing, so powerful!

The lyrics are so sad now that i know what Madonna tried to explain. Back then it was more a case of somebody who wanted some thrill or something like that. But this is Madonna trying to recapture the magic that made her feel indredible with her husband, and vice-versa. At least, that's what i think.

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And everything in life just goes wrong
Feels like nobody's listening
And something is missing

This was always one of the few songs on HC that I liked. Yes, it has a great ending. Still, like the rest of the album, it doesn't have that "Madonna" feel, to me, and I found her voice to be a bit grating - not just on this song, but overall.

Sorry, I just don't ever think I'll like HC. :megamanson:

It's dead to me.

The production is chaotic, it mimics the feeling of not wanting a relationship to end, you can feel the anxiety. I love the song, I love how it's 2 songs in one. I didn't really "get" the song till a year or 2 later. She really loved Guy.

This song is brilliant. Great melody, great construction and build. my only thing is the outro should be crazier and get more and more intense. I loved her collaborations with Pharrell on this album, i only wish her voice had been in slightly better shape - it sounds strained for so much of this record. Unlike the Music album where her vocals were flawless.

I always hoped that given Timbaland and Justin's input, that the songs on the album would have extended outro's like a lot of the stuff on FutureSex / Lovesounds. Miles Away is crying out for it - as is 4 Minutes.

Guest Not4Pussies

Love the song. The lyrics are very telling. It's like she's fighting with her emotions.

One of her best and Hard Candy has grown on me so much. It has gone up a few notches on my favorite M albums for sure

Sex with you is, uh, incredible!!

The production is chaotic, it mimics the feeling of not wanting a relationship to end, you can feel the anxiety. I love the song, I love how it's 2 songs in one. I didn't really "get" the song till a year or 2 later. She really loved Guy.

YES! You nailed it. That's what i feel when i listen to it. URGENCY and ANXIETY. And the ending is the running wild to save what is left.

And yes, Best Friend is the twin sister of this track, i a biography way.

Same here. I disliked it in the beginning. But afterwards, it has become one

of my favorite and must-listen song on Hard Candy.

Some of y'all are rude. Incredible is superb. This song is good girl housewife gone nymphomaniac in response to a shitty, flaccid man. It goes from light and airy and smellin like apple pie to back ally, sex-smelling filth. How could anyone be mad at that?

Guest Not4Pussies

sounds like Madonna singing some reject r'n'b tune from some z list act, its AWFUL

a reject? those are clearly madonnas lyrics.

The song is great but the production is horrible and unlistenable.

With more minimalistic production it would be great.

The stutter-Repetition within the chorus is horrible.

There are a few songs in her career that she ruined with overproduction