What's this shit on twitter about M keeping dolphins in her new Dubai Apartment?

Dr Lecter

Guest Rachelle of London

Dubai is beautiful. Has a lot of history. Culturally rich. M would love it.

P .s it is only the peak of summer when it is really hot. Due to it being on the gulf and coastal it can get quite cold and very windy. It's no different to other places near the equator.

Dubai just screams Tacky, sorry but it's true

So? A few tacky buildings (all designed by American and European architects by the way) don't account for what a city is like. And once again, a well-informed person would know Dubai is far from being that tacky and cultureless as media portrays it.

Guest Rachelle of London

So? A few tacky buildings don't account for what a city is like.

What tacky buildings though? Tallest building in the world? Modern skyscrapers? Old middle eastern souks? :lmao:

Nonoka, me and you both know that Dubai is simply fabulous! On the top 10 cities thread a while back I remember both you and I had it in our top ten.

What tacky buildings though? Tallest building in the world? Modern skyscrapers? Old middle eastern souks? :lmao:

Nonoka, me and you both know that Dubai is simply fabulous! On the top 10 cities thread a while back I remember both you and I had it in our top ten.

Well, I do think there are a few very tacky skyscrapers there, have you seen the tall ones in the Dubai Marina and the ones on the Sheikh Zayed Road with those crowns and ornaments on tops? However, once again, they weren't designed by Arabs themselves, so if anything, you can thank American and European architects for Dubai looking tacky.

Yeah, I do think it is amazing! But it's totally fine if people don't like it as well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion after all and of course there are many aspects European cities fulfill but Dubai doesn't come close to. I just hate it when people state ignorant things like "There's no history" "It's cultureless", it's the daily shit you hear in the media. It's wrong!

Dubai is hideously tacky, like Vegas by the sea - and she hates Vegas?? I can't imagine why M would ever buy an apartment there. Plus it's illegal for women to drive there.

Does she even have that many homes? I thought she'd only ever owned places in LA, NYC and London.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well, I do think there are a few very tacky skyscrapers there, have you seen the tall ones in the Dubai Marina and the ones on the Sheikh Zayed Road with those crowns and ornaments on tops? However, once again, they weren't designed by Arabs themselves, so if anything, you can thank American and European architects for Dubai looking tacky.

Yeah, I do think it is amazing! But it's totally fine if people don't like it as well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion after all and of course there are many aspects European cities fulfill but Dubai doesn't come close to. I just hate it when people state ignorant things like "There's no history" "It's cultureless", it's the daily shit you hear in the media. It's wrong!

Exactly.

Dubai is hideously tacky, like Vegas by the sea - and she hates Vegas?? I can't imagine why M would ever buy an apartment there. Plus it's illegal for women to drive there

:rotfl:

And yet another well-informed person!

By the way, just for the record: Saudi Arabia and Dubai are two different places. You might want to check the world's map :thumbsup:

Guest Rachelle of London

Dubai is hideously tacky, like Vegas by the sea - and she hates Vegas?? I can't imagine why M would ever buy an apartment there. Plus it's illegal for women to drive there.

Does she even have that many homes? I thought she'd only ever owned places in LA, NYC and London.

She has homes in Miami, chalet in Gstaad Switzerland, the horse farm in New York, and she had the beautiful country estate in Wiltshire. Madonna is a business woman. I bet she has real estate ventures across the globe.

Guest Rachelle of London

:rotfl:

And yet another well-informed person!

By the way, just for the record: Saudi Arabia and Dubai are two different places. You might want to check the world's map :thumbsup:

I didn't even read that comment. What the fuck? Seriously people! Invest in a map. For god sake.

look at the goddamn opinion police

fuck off

Nobody's forcing any opinion upon others nor does anybody criticize someone's opinion. It's about stating things that are simply wrong and ignorant. Nobody needs this here, neither in a discussion about Madonna nor in discussions about politics, culture, travel etc.

Everyone's more interested in defending Dubai that actually discussing the rumor at hand - does she actually even have a home there...with dolphins in a tank?

Sure, she's a rich woman and could have homes all over the world...but something tells me she does not have a home there. (And that has nothing to do with city, so don't go on the defense...). It just seems like if Madonna was to buy a place in a city like Dubai, we would have actually heard about it by now.

But the real issue is dolphins in a tank? Sounds nothing like her...at all.