Appreciate the mother of all lazy videos: LDLHA

acko

Gorgeous video. This was one of her most beautiful eras, for sure. I remember watching it for the first time, waiting and waiting for a cut to happen and thinking THAT WAS IT???? :chuckle: But, looking back, it's precious.

But the LAV album version is my fave M version

An old(er) queen that used to babysit my godson always wore tons of crucifixes around his neck. I said it was very Madonna of him & he was SO flattered. Apparently he had been a lifelong, full-blown LOON, so every time I'd see him we'd chat about Madonna. I asked him what his favorite song was by decade & he said LDLHA, unblinkingly. Talk about reassurance :fag:

In more ways than one, ack. :gent:

I like LDLHA. I remember thinking how odd it was for her to release a track she recorded 11 years prior, but, hey, it was a nice throwback.

But what a mess that era was (In Europe), one minute OMC was on the radio, then Oh Father fell out of sky (with LTT live from Torino) :rotfl:

& boom a video 4 LDLHA :confused:

wow, i didn't remember those words related to the video! She seems so sad in the video, and she felt really tired and too immerse in the film.

But REALLY GREAT that Freddy when there and told her to film the video. Now she would have said "oh, no more videos. That album is like... six months ago".

I remember her doing a radio interview when this single was out, for whatever reason she was doing what she could for it to be a hit.

Actually the malfunction she talks about in the Evita Diaries apparently went on and on and that's how we see it in the video cause the vocals were re-edited in postproduction. If you check the 3:45 at the video you'll see her singing "live here anymore (...) live here anymore (...) live here anymore" and if you check the cd version of the Soulpower Mix (the one they were probably playing back at the shooting) at 3:45 she sings "live here anymore, LOVE DON'T live here anymore, LOVE DON'T live here anymore". So my guess is she did six takes, couldn't get it right and she said screw it let's edit the vocals in post.

She was a couple of months pregnant when the video was filmed, but didn't actually know it herself (she found out a couple of weeks later). Likewise, "American Pie" was filmed when she was only just pregnant with Rocco, and again, it's likely she didn't know at the time. Of course, she then went on to film another video while she was pregnant with each child ("You Must Love Me" and "Music").

Guest bluejean

I actually really like this video. All done in one take. And yes, she looks great. No less effort than I Want You imo.

Also, the remix of this song is great.

Not her most iconic video but was good to see it on the video collection in 1999. Still a better video than what we got for 'One More Chance'.

Guest bluejean

Imagine if they'd done a video for One More Chance. Now that is a song ALOT of Madonna fans hate. I actually quite like it and don't understand the hate.

I never liked this video and never understood why they released this and the timing was bizarre. Didn't this come out like 6 months after You'll See? I still bought it and supported her but I really felt like Forbidden Love should have been given a release. Why include it on STR? It wasn't even a single release. I really think they considered releasing it hence it's inclusion on the best of.

That makes no sense, songs in STR hadn't been a single, like the song Something To Remember, for example. As Madonna explain in the booklet, that's a collection of songs that maybe had been overshadow for so much fanfare around.

Oh, i have to read the timeline for Something to Remember, I don't recall how they choose the songs, if Madonna picked her favourites or simply agreed to what Warner decided.

The best thing about this song is the single artwork!

madonna_love-dont-live-here-anymore_cd-s

So flawless! :dramatic:

I was hoping a 12" with bigger pic.

How dare WB canceled the release! :americanlife:

Yes, STR was a bit poor in terms of vinyls. No vinyl for OMC or LDLHA.... Thankfully, we got the vinyl for Don't Cry For Me Argentina!!!!!

I never liked this video and never understood why they released this and the timing was bizarre. Didn't this come out like 6 months after You'll See? I still bought it and supported her but I really felt like Forbidden Love should have been given a release. Why include it on STR? It wasn't even a single release. I really think they considered releasing it hence it's inclusion on the best of.

"Something to Remember" wasn't a single either -- it was just a soundtrack song. And she named the album after it!

The whole "STR" project was just a foreplay for "Evita." It was released to highlight her ballads and further soften her image before the movie release.

They did manage to move a huge number of albums for what was essentially a side project, though. Like eight or 10 million worldwide? Crazy.

It seemed ludicrous at the time, her having an unexpected fondness for that off all things but it's great for what it is. This was a nice stop gap in the wilderness years, she looks great and above all I love that Soulpower mix, so well worth it.

"Wilderness years?" I seem to recall her being all over the f-ing radio in 95 - 96 -- "You'll See" and "Take a Bow" were still staples and "DCFMA" was inescapable upon its release.

Yes, but at that time, after having the peak of Madonna's fame (LAP-Vogue-Erotica), it was as if she was less and less relevant each year, with Celine, Whitney or Alanis as references.

Even during Evita she wasn't the powerful force that she was. Only with ROL did she got the atention again.