Appreciate the mother of all lazy videos: LDLHA

acko

awww lazy, it was her day off on the set of Evita...I know.

I remember the 5 second teaser clip MTV ran before the premiere...i was convinced it was

a new vocal (hey I was 15) I remember my two lesbian friends gave her a hard time on account

of her facial expressions when she emerges from behind the pillar :lol: I love her tongue-lipsynch-malcoordination at 3:46 :rotfl:

PillarArgentineDonna :wow:

Shot in Confiteria del Molino in Buenos Aires

molino3.jpg

molino12.jpg

Confiter%C3%ADa-Del-Molino.jpg

Unfortunately, this Argentine National Historic Landmark, holding 80 years of conversations and secrets of the Porteño bourgeoisie and aristocratic society within its walls, has been closed since the 23rd February 1997.

"There are no words to describe the weariness I feel today. I have not slept well in days, and when I do, there is no comfort. My dreams are violent and full of betrayal. Like my life, there's no escape. I feel the responsibility of this film. I cannot talk about Evita and her life without defending myself ... Dear God, what have I gotten myself into? What is happening to me? Today we went to shoot a music video for my next song. But I kept forgetting the lyrics, and felt like crying each and every time I did it. It was so frustrating. It's my own song!"

More from Vanity Fair...

1996-madonna-vanity-fair.jpg

Buenos Aires [Tuesday, March 5, 1996]

Freddie has come to visit me and brought me massive amounts of caramel corn, Fiddle Faddle, peanut brittle, and licorice whips. This is, by the way, a fairly reliable way to get me to do things I'm not keen on doing. Which is exactly what I did yesterday. A video on my day off! I'm so immersed in the life of Eva Peron and the movie music that I could not remember the words to my own song, no matter how many times I tried. It felt funny to be me with green eyes, hair down, and Gucci caftan. I consciously rejected the idea of being me. I am on strike. I am temporarily laid off, I do not exist until movie is finished. But I did enjoy my candy.

wow, i didn't remember those words related to the video! She seems so sad in the video, and she felt really tired and too immerse in the film.

But REALLY GREAT that Freddy when there and told her to film the video. Now she would have said "oh, no more videos. That album is like... six months ago".

Love love love the video.

Shot in Confiteria del Molino in Buenos Aires

molino12.jpg

Seeing as they were about to shut the joint down for good, did they pull the tablecloths directly from the tables and have one of the waitstaff scissor them up for the LDLHA window dressings? :D

madonna-love-dont-live-here-anymore-vide

This is a fucking great video. And her voice is just so........ awwwwwww !

I don't think she was lazy. It's difficult to turn this kind of video, a long take with no editing, everything must be perfect.

It seemed ludicrous at the time, her having an unexpected fondness for that off all things but it's great for what it is. This was a nice stop gap in the wilderness years, she looks great and above all I love that Soulpower mix, so well worth it.

Yeah. Pretty much every news program in the world used this footage when the announcement was made:

tumblr_mkzoseBDDr1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

:inlove:

Yes I remember some Spanish report, they kept talking over images of the video, like 15 minutes on a loop :lol:

It's not a very exciting video to watch, but as a filmic representation of a song's about loneliness, a video featuring just her, from far away, leading up to a big close-up shot, is pretty fitting.

She shot the video to the STR mix- hence, the "malfunction" at 3:46. :)

For those who prefer a video set to the STR mix, which I prefer of all the mixes/versions- out of sync, which is fine, given how far away she is, until it gets to the "malfunction," at which point the vocals and her miming get in sync:

BOTH VERSIONS really do something to me. Rose Royce's Love Don't Live Here Anymore got frequent play in my childhood household & it wasn't until middle-school, when I got computer access, did I discover M's cover. Listening to her version for the 1st time was hypnotizing. That VOICE! Aint know she had it in her. I kid you not, I played it like 140 times CONSECUTIVELY. I still remember my mother's reaction; 'boy, turn that shit down. Who IS that? Muh-donnah!? REALLY? Oh, Ms. Thang sang that. Okay Madonna...' **side-eye**

:rotfl:LDLHA will forever be in my Madonna Top 5.