Shoo-Bee-Doo

5iVe Elements

I'm trying to get into it.... I really can't... LAV is actually my least fav M album from her catalogue. I know one day I will see the light and embrace this album for it's over the top 80's cheese-fest.

It's great. Slow intro, which I think people tend to skip to the next track just because of that. But if you listen to it all the way through, you might actually end up liking it.

Has anyone here ever listened to the song?

I never cared much for the song until I became an adult. Now, I love it. And yes, I think the slow intro tends to put people off but keep listening!

It's all about the spoken "come here baby... woo!" before the sax solo.

Yes! Love that part!

I can't take it anymoooooore, baby!

I love the LAV album. It was the first album I bought by M in 85. It might sound cheezy now but it was so right for that summer. I don't think it's dated that much soundwise if you hear other songs from that time. It's really sharp production.

I remember my older brother (bless him) would initially ridicule my Madonna fandom by referring to Shoo-Bee-Doo: "the only track on the album she wrote by herself is Shoo-Bee-Doo, Ooh la la". As a Prince fan, at that time he had it easier with the artistic credibility thing.

But actually the song is nice and vulnerable.

Relevant Madonna quote:

I like to have control over most of the things, but I’m not a tyrant. I don’t have to have it say on my album that it’s written, arranged, produced, directed and stars Madonna. To me, to have total control means you can lose objectivity.”

:thumbsup:

Edited by tumbleweedt

I played this song over and over when I first got Like A Virgin. There's nothing flashy about it and I think the title affects people's feelings about it. I think it flows nicely and it's a sweet song. Madonna was leading into the fifties vibe for True Blue. Someone else mentioned how her songs toward the end of her albums tend to lead into the next album or something like that.