Kanye West: "Madonna is the greatest visual musical artist that we've ever had"

le smoking

I don't see it as him being backhanded. He was talking about the visual aspects of being an artist, so that is why he talked about that aspect of Madonna's artistry. From what I understand, he is basically saying that for him it is important to combine the music with visual elements, and that Madonna is the best when it comes to that.

This.

The context of the question was about VISUALS...not musicianship. And as someone said above...if he didn't like that aspect of her, he would have said it...and I doubt he would have even worked with her.

That was a backhanded compliment. Unfortunately, so many no longer care what he says about anything. Last month, him saying that what he does as entertainer is more dangerous than what our Armed Forces at war overseas (and Police Officers) do in their line of duty was just sickening. Then again, a Black MALE Hip/Hop artist saying something positive about a white woman, that is a little surprising.

Is this comment for real?

Kanye's made some excellent music in the past decade, but Christ almighty -- he is an idiotic jackass extraordinaire. It pains me to enjoy his work. I'm glad he could get through a compliment of M without putting his foot in his mouth.

Kanye told Mirwais when they worked on that Estelle track that "Nobody Knows me" was the track that inspired him the most during the last decade and one he tried to replicate again and again. Mirwais said so in an interview.

I'd never heard that. "NKM" is a highlight from "American Life," but I never would have guessed that it was an inspiration for Kanye.

I know, it's so random. I wish i could remember the magazine it was in. It was during his Yas project promo. He was talking about the lack of commercial success of "American life" but said that he got great feedbacks by other artists like Kanye (+quote above) and that he liked the work of Danja on "Hard Candy".

Guest Not4Pussies

Kanye told Mirwais when they worked on that Estelle track that "Nobody Knows me" was the track that inspired him the most during the last decade and one he tried to replicate again and again. Mirwais said so in an interview.

wait, mirwais worked with kanye? i didnt know that. he would have been amazing as a producer for Yeezus

Call me a flop fan or whatever but could someone point out to me specifically what Danja contributed because I just don't hear his touch on HC. Hes very present on Blackout and you can almost tangibly feel his input but on HC not so much, which is a shame. There's quite a bit of crap on that album amongst half a dozen gems and they all seem to be the tracks where he is featured on the credits.

Back to Kanye, I've really warmed to him lately. The whole Yeezus project looks amazing I even like a track here and there but I've never sat down and listened to a full album because I hate rap music and always have. I've never been able to see it as a legitimate art form, maybe a line here or there to embellish a song, BGO being a great example but a whole album of it would borer to tears. Each to their own tho.

Call me a flop fan or whatever but could someone point out to me specifically what Danja contributed because I just don't hear his touch on HC. Hes very present on Blackout and you can almost tangibly feel his input but on HC not so much, which is a shame. There's quite a bit of crap on that album amongst half a dozen gems and they all seem to be the tracks where he is featured on the credits.

I could be wrong,but I'm pretty sure that he is responsible for that amazing instrumental part during the last minute of "Miles Away".And I can hear his sound all over the song "Dance 2Night".

Then again, a Black MALE Hip/Hop artist saying something positive about a white woman, that is a little surprising.

Rappers love Madonna.I have heard these guys say many complimentary things about Madonna.Jay Z. and Snoop Dogg have even expressed a desire to work with her.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna is well loved among the hip hop community. Jay Z, Snoop, TI, Lil Wayne, Usher, even Shaggy :lmao: have all expressed their love for her.

Guest bluejean

Madonna is well loved among the hip hop community. Jay Z, Snoop, TI, Lil Wayne, Usher, even Shaggy :lmao: have all expressed their love for her.

It's because she fucked them all back around 1994

Back to Kanye, I've really warmed to him lately. The whole Yeezus project looks amazing I even like a track here and there but I've never sat down and listened to a full album because I hate rap music and always have. I've never been able to see it as a legitimate art form, maybe a line here or there to embellish a song, BGO being a great example but a whole album of it would borer to tears. Each to their own tho.

Listen to the demo of across the sky, that's all danja. Then timbaland added his touch and final production for the final version. That's what danja did, the groundwork.

Back to Kanye, I've really warmed to him lately. The whole Yeezus project looks amazing I even like a track here and there but I've never sat down and listened to a full album because I hate rap music and always have.

You should check out his 808s and Heartbreak album. A lot of hip hop fans hated it cuz it was basically a downbeat electronica album with him singing on most of it.

I wish that Madonna would collaborate with Snoop.He adores her and her "Music" video seems like a tribute to him (the "ghetto fabulous" vibe of it).