Like a Prayer AIDS Insert - Are there different versions? (UPDATED WITH PICTURE)

Guest Lum

So, I know this one exists:
tumblr_moaiu65bVP1qzsnvio1_500.jpg

I went to a record store yesterday and they had a copy of LAP on vinyl, which I picked up. When I looked inside, it included one of the AIDS inserts, but it didn't look like that one.
So my question is, are there different versions of the AIDS insert? Maybe its a fake one? :dazed:

EDIT: I finally got my record back from my friends house :lol: Here's what MY insert looks like.

1798628_715419275165300_1426213625_n.jpg

So, I know this one exists:

tumblr_moaiu65bVP1qzsnvio1_500.jpg

I went to a record store yesterday and they had a copy of LAP on vinyl, which I picked up. When I looked inside, it included one of the AIDS inserts, but it didn't look like that one.

So my question is, are there different versions of the AIDS insert? Maybe its a fake one? :dazed:

Did it smell like patchouli? Is so it's worth a lot of money.

Did it smell like patchouli? Is so it's worth a lot of money.

I can't remember. I left it at my friend's house so I gotta go get it today.

And my mom's boyfriend has a copy of the vinyl in great condition with the patchouli and aids insert. How much is it worth?

i never knew the vinyl came with the insert. I would check ebay & perhaps amazon to see if anyone has listed the vinyl with insert for sale. You can get an idea how much it's worth if you ever decide to part with it.

Guest bluejean

I don't know why but I love the cover of the cassette with the text on the side like that. Although, I only ever owned the vinyl and then the CD later on. And yes, my vinyl had the scent but I don't recall it ever having the AIDS insert. I suspect my mother threw it out!

Just checked my original vinyl that I bought when it was released. Still has the insert and still smells of Patchouli oil too. I'm not aware the insert is rare as all the original pressings came with it. Did lots of people throw them away then?

I can't remember. I left it at my friend's house so I gotta go get it today.

And my mom's boyfriend has a copy of the vinyl in great condition with the patchouli and aids insert. How much is it worth?

Unfortunately its probably only worth about $35-50.00 since it was in such mass production.

As far as the Facts about AIDS insert, they did change it to a general insert that looked like a photocopy leaflet, rather than the original design which was in the same font and color as the LAP album.

The cassette version actually had the info on the back of the inner photo, so it was a permanent part of the album liner notes/lyrics.

edit: sorry MrMojoRisin, i hadn't seen your post about the cassette

I love that the CD still comes with "how to care for your Compact Disc" instructions in the booklet :chuckle: Probably time for a remaster...

YES PLEASE!!! I don't know why Warner didn't release it in 2001 when they remastered her first 3 albums.

I'd like a 2-disc deluxe edition w/the Shep Pettibone remixes of LAP, Express Yourself, and Keep It Together. Supernatural should be on there, too.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATED WITH PICTURE OF MY AIDS INSERT.

pictures of you inserting aids? im sorry to hear but please inform people or wear protection!