Madonna MIGHT perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards

TearsInHeaven

I think it's obvious it's going to be a collab. We've only just started getting rumors of her working on a new record, which have been very very vague and most likely unreliable.

But, many artists have been known to debut new songs at the Grammys:

Gaga performed Born This Way at the Grammys, after just a few days of it being released.

Pink performed Glitter In The Air in 2010, the same day the single was released.

U2 performed Get On Your Boots in 2009, a month after it was released.

TI performed Dead and Gone, a month after it was released.

the list goes on and on

Not that it was "premiere" but Madonna performed her new single Nothing Really Matters, at the '99 show to promote the ROL's noms.

I think it's obvious it's going to be a collab. We've only just started getting rumors of her working on a new record, which have been very very vague and most likely unreliable.

But, many artists have been known to debut new songs at the Grammys:

Gaga performed Born This Way at the Grammys, after just a few days of it being released.

Pink performed Glitter In The Air in 2010, the same day the single was released.

U2 performed Get On Your Boots in 2009, a month after it was released.

TI performed Dead and Gone, a month after it was released.

the list goes on and on

Yes, but none of these debuted a new song that never was heard by the public. Also, were these artists nominated the year they perform these newer songs.

Yes, but none of these debuted a new song that never was heard by the public. Also, were these artists nominated the year they perform these newer songs.

Yes no maybe so. Who cares.

Not that it was "premiere" but Madonna performed her new single Nothing Really Matters, at the '99 show to promote the ROL's noms.

There we go! See, the list still continues, with our very own Queen! Thank you Ryan!

Love,

Ryan.

But again, she was nominated for her Ray of Light album. Again, I am referring to BRAND NEW SONGS no one has never heard. I have never heard that happening on the Grammys. I'm not talking about nominated artists/albums who may perform a cut off their nominated album for the first time.

Wake up and smell the coffee dear. She is not perfing a new song. I know we lost a lot of connections since she left Warner, but we would have heard something a few months ago if it were true.

Wake up and smell the coffee dear. She is not perfing a new song. I know we lost a lot of connections since she left Warner, but we would have heard something a few months ago if it were true.

I never said she was. For the record, I was doubting it and that's why I asked if anyone in the past had performed a brand new song never heard by the public/not released on record. All the examples I believe given above were by artists who released their albums prior and/or were nominated that year.

Plenty of people since many are speculating she is going to perform a new song. And I do care. I would love for her to perform a brand new song, but I've never recall anyone debuting a brand new song never heard or available to the public.

There is only internet speculation that she'll perform a new song, whereas several major entertainment news outlets are reporting that she will feature as a guest vocalist for another act.

Also, the Recording Academy has a rule that only nominated acts can perform at the Grammys -- and Madonna is not nominated for any awards, which only further suggests that she is performing with another act.

It's worth noting that Madonna was not nominated for any awards when she performed in 2006. As a result, her performance of "Hung Up" was billed as a featured appearance with Gorillaz, a nominated act. This performance greatly stretched the Recording Academy's rule, but it makes sense in context -- the 2005 show drew a pathetic television audience and the 2006 show was short on major acts who wanted to perform. (Paul McCartney ended up performing twice that night as a result.) The Academy was likely only willing to bend its own rule to avoid another ratings embarrassment.

The Grammys' TV ratings have rebounded strongly in recent years and this year's show is packed with major performers. It's highly unlikely that they're going to give Madonna the space to do a major performance like 2006. I think the best we can hope for is what is being widely reported at this time: She will be a featured vocalist on a nominated group's song.

But again, she was nominated for her Ray of Light album. Again, I am referring to BRAND NEW SONGS no one has never heard. I have never heard that happening on the Grammys. I'm not talking about nominated artists/albums who may perform a cut off their nominated album for the first time.

Please note what i posted. I KNOW it wasn't a premiere of a new song.

Its not some rule that she couldn't though. Fucking Gaga basically premiered her song on the show, as did U2.

I personally dont think she'll be there at all, much less debut a new song, but if she does perform, it'll be with Paul McCartney or Daft Punk.

Guest Not4Pussies

when there were rumors that madonna was going to attend last years vmas our very own moe posted she was not going to attend, he has been right in the past and is one of the few sources we have left. he has been very quiet on the subject

Please note what i posted. I KNOW it wasn't a premiere of a new song.

Its not some rule that she couldn't though. Fucking Gaga basically premiered her song on the show, as did U2.

I personally dont think she'll be there at all, much less debut a new song, but if she does perform, it'll be with Paul McCartney or Daft Punk.

Gaga was nominated for her work on "The Fame Monster" when she performed "Born this Way."

The Recording Academy says that only nominated artists can perform -- it doesn't have any rules regarding what they can perform.

All signs point to her actually being there, but certainly won't be to perform anything new. And I can't imagine that she'd perform with McCartney. What would they do together? And how awful would it be? McCartney's off-the-cuff old white rocker schtick isn't going to work well with Madge's let's-choreograph-and-rehearse-every-detail-until-it's-absolutely-perfect style.

Besides, they're promoting McCartney's performance as a reunion Ringo. WTF would M do during a mini Beatles performance? Sway in the background as they sing "Lady Madonna?"

Here's the list of performers that they've announced publicly so far:

• Katy Perry
  • Daft Punk featuring Stevie Wonder, Pharrell Williams, and Nile Rodgers
  • Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar
  • Pink featuring Nate Ruess
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
  • Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, and Blake Shelton
  • John Legend and Keith Urban
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Lorde
  • Metallica featuring Lang Lang
  • Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr
  • Robin Thicke featuring Chicago
  • Sara Bareilles featuring Carole King
  • Taylor Swift

Though I appear to be in the minority here -- I don't think it's Daft Punk. Considering their most recent album and the inclusion of Stevie Wonder, it's clearly going to be a 70s tribute performance -- and why would they invite Madonna to join them for that?

I think joining Macklemore for the chorus of "Same Love" makes the most sense.

My next guess would be Katy Perry -- maybe she agreed to do it when she asked KP to do art project.

Madonna loves disco music. She was last seen with Farrah Fawcett curls on SNL. She has previously worked with Pharrell and Niles, plus she just injured herself from dancing in heels, which she was rehearsing for something. So dancing is involved with this performance. I think all roads lead to Daft Punk, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was someone else.

Madonna loves disco music. She was last seen with Farrah Fawcett curls on SNL. She has previously worked with Pharrell and Niles, plus she just injured herself from dancing in heels, which she was rehearsing for something. So dancing is involved with this performance. I think all roads lead to Daft Punk, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was someone else.

I actually agree. I think she'll do something with them. If she does, I think the chances are very good they will be working with her on a new album.

Guest bluejean

Do we know for sure she I injured herself in heels? Maybe she was just dancing for leisure. She said afew years ago she dances all the time as part of her fitness regime.

Personally speaking, I hope she brings the cheeks in full force. I want them doubled in size.

sound-of-change-madonna-face-2013.jpg

I would also love some double-cheeks for the Grammys.

I thought it was reported she was dancing in heels at a party. Not rehearsals.

Liz Rosenberg also did say in 2000 that the final version of Music would be vastly different than the demo.