Happy 21st Birthday: Body Of Evidence

horn

Classic! Im always destroyed that she didn't Raise her hand up out of the water in the end like in Friday 13th. *2 spoilers for 1*

Well, there's an alternate ending where she lives.

Well we know that was the ending in the original script before it was changed but there's no evidence they actually filmed it is there?

Aside from the awful graveyard scene, she's not half bad in this and as time goes on I've learned to live with the lighting, make-up and hair because, well she's at least ....young and it's still THE FACE, if that makes sense? But really, this was the opportunity for her to be preserved on film at the very peak of her physical beauty but almost all the artistic choices put paid to that.

I recently showed this "film" to my newest Boy Toy, who had never heard of it. I'm slowly turning him into a Madonna fan. After it ended, I asked what he thought and he said "I thought it was really good". Well I obviously asked him to elaborate. He said a couple of things.

1. That guy absolutely ate her pussy. That was not fake.

2. Why does everyone look soo old in the movie? ( I have TONS of pix in my room of M. A LOT after the BOE era. He wondered why they made her "look so much older".

3. He thinks Madonna has the best tits.

4. "Madonna is a good actress except for her first scene in the cemetery".

Oddly enough, I agree with all his observations. Happy Birthday BOE!

Thank you for this thread. Some of these posts have me laughing so hard I am crying.

All in all, I actually don't hate this movie. Uli Edel did alrighty with what he had to work with, and there is a whiff of Hitchcock in the air. And Madonna is one hot bitch in this film.

Thank you for this thread. Some of these posts have me laughing so hard I am crying.

All in all, I actually don't hate this movie. Uli Edel did alrighty with what he had to work with, and there is a whiff of Hitchcock in the air. And Madonna is one hot bitch in this film.

I always thought she sniffed white stuff from the Chinese shop for 'crabs'

After 10 (OK 20) years I bought the dvd and she says 'cramps' :lol:

It's cruelly ironic, but I think what lets Madonna down as an actress is her voice. She really struggles to sound sincere in a line. Also, she blinks so much that it becomes distracting.

Anyway, her body looked amazing at the time, but this was shot during her tired-looking Erotica era, and her puffy eyes nor the lighting director do her any favors.

Also, why do they keep casting Willem Dafoe in sexually explicit movies when he's not exactly the sexiest of actors? At least, give us good eye candy!

I didn't think she looked tired at all.

She looks rather radiant throughout the whole movie, beautiful even and Madonna isn't known for being beautiful, incredibly attractive and striking even but certainly not beautiful until more recently.

Yes her dialect is often misleading but she's done better in films like Dangerous Game and Swept Away in terms of the sincerety in her voice. I think she was just trying too hard in BOD. She should have just used elements of her own personality and dialect like she did in DSS and ALOTO.

I didn't think she looked tired at all.

She looks rather radiant throughout the whole movie, beautiful even and Madonna isn't known for being beautiful, incredibly attractive and striking even but certainly not beautiful until more recently.

Well in that case just think how even more stunningly flawless she'd have looked if the DP actually lit her properly, she'd kept her SEX eyebrows instead of thin drawn on line (that hilariously changed shape scene to scene depending on what emotion she was meant to convey) put some makeup on her eyelids, kept her hair parted on the correct side etc. It was obvious they were trying to channel Kim Novak in Vertigo etc but it was just all so wrong.

Just a year before in ALOTO, they got everything absolutely right. From the film stock, the expert lighting, makeup and hair. She was gorgeous. Even afterwards in the Bad Girl vid. So much better.

Do you guys think if Sharon Stone didn't do Basic Instinct, this may have done much better? Madonna looked fantastic in this film.

I doubt there would have been a Body Of Evidence without the success of Basic Instinct. But Sharon Stone just channeled Madonna circa '90/'91 in that movie anyway, looks wise especially. It should have been Madge playing that role and she may well have nailed it under Verhoeven's direction.