"Supernatural" Appreciation: Glorious B-Side

Bill

I know it could never have been an album track, or released as a single, but what a perfectly catchy little ditty :) I love the lyrics, the humor... and of course the "gonna take my pants off..." :lol:

LOL....this is the only Madonna song that I simply cannot tolerate. I absolutely LOATHE Supernatural!

For me, the BEST B-side of all time is Has to Be!

I love Supernatural! It was such an unexpected treat for the Cherish single I think I wore out the cassette single! LOL

Although I'd have to say that Let Down Your Guard is probably my favorite b'side.

The best B-side ever is INTO THE GROOVE. :D

Crystal Coffin, Heavens yes.. It is funny how we never think of Into the groove as a B-side to Angel. As for it being the best B-side ever, well I think it is possibly the best single ever. To me it is pure pop perfection. I never tire of listening to it.

Really? I hear "But it's nice to know you can" :lol:/>

I always thought it was:

I wouldn't like to wake up and find myself in the family way

But it's nice just to know you came....

Maybe that was just my adolescent mind trying to put a "dirty" spin on the lyrics! I thought it made sense, though, since she wouldn't end up in the "family way" if her ghost lover didn't...you know.... ;)

I agree that it's her best B-side, though! It's a fantastic song!

Crystal Coffin, Heavens yes.. It is funny how we never think of Into the groove as a B-side to Angel. As for it being the best B-side ever, well I think it is possibly the best single ever. To me it is pure pop perfection. I never tire of listening to it.

Double A-side in Australia and a separate single in its own right in the UK and Europe, so it doesn't really count :) To be considered a proper B-side, it would need to appear on the B-side of the 7" (or the CD single post 1991 :) ).

Yes, I stand corrected! I never knew it was only a b-side until much later because Into The Groove was played on the MTV/radio every hour that whole spring and summer in 1985. I just taped it off the radio! LOL.

It's one of those songs, if I were in a shitty rock band with friends I'd definitely cover that tune...

& get me Debbie Harry on.

Um Mattress, where's that remix I commissioned ages ago?? My birthday is next month :americanlife:

Supernatural: Acko's Hot Hotter Hottest Mattress Mix :inlove:

i remember having listen to it when it was released and it was the first madonna song i didn't like it :(

i didn't listen to it never more since...must give it a chance....

LOL....this is the only Madonna song that I simply cannot tolerate. I absolutely LOATHE Supernatural!

For me, the BEST B-side of all time is Has to Be!

+1

• 1 year later...

Just heard the song for the first time (flop fan i know) what do people think of this? Possibly the most unmentioned Madonna song?

I bought the Cherish CD single (when HMV were selling off their stock of singles cheaply) in order to hear this song. I really like it - it's got a nice melody and funny/creative lyrics. It's a pity these kinds of songs get forgotten because of the album-bias of iTunes, Spotify etc.