Do you think she'll bring back the Triangle?

Guest Lum

Love the stage in the shape of an M idea with pits on either side. However it has to be said that a lot of people went home dissapointed who were in the floor section of the arenas or stadiums who had their sightlines blocked by the massive triangle. I remember Madonnarama posting a complaint on their website complaining that the show was only good if you were in the triangle or in the first few rows front and centre. In that regard I would like her or her people to bear the rest of the audience in mind when designing the next stage. I'm also really, really holding out for a Madonna in the round or 360 show. It would be incredible to see what she could come up with and everyone would go home happy. She pulled it off quite successfully for the Superbowl so would love to see her give it a go though it is a stretch as she does like presenting her shows like a theatre experience but something along the lines of JT's Future/Sex/Love/Sounds stage would be great with the transparent and movable video screens. Imagine the stage design if she decided to do an in the round type show, it would be immense :)

I sure hope so. I would love to experience something like that.

My first (and only) Madonna concert was not the greatest experience for me because I was so so sick. I left my house that evening with a 102 degree fever, but I wouldn't have missed seeing her for anything.

Next time, I'm going all out!!

I too hope for another pit....it was a fan's dream come true for sure. It finally made it possible for the big fans to get up close without having to mortgage vital organs. I have spent thousands upon thousands over the years seeing M live, and have been able to get pretty close, but nothing compared to the GT. I spent $3,000+ on 4th row seats for Denver (I live in Miami but the broker prices were cheaper in smaller cities), ended up winning GT through ICON, so I went into the rafters and gave away the $3k tix to some young fans. It was so awesome being able to do that! But I was front row GT, so nothing compared. In a sense, I "paid it forward" as I ended up winning GT via ICON again, this time for my home base Miami, due to my custom-made shirt (I didn't have tickets as I spent so much on the Denver set, travel, etc,) so to win for the home city show and then make it into the DVD several times is most certainly my ultimate fan experience to date!

I agree that M seems to really appreciate the love and energy of the mega fans being up close (for long it was always the rich fuddy duds hogging up the premium seats) so she will most likely keep the pit experience alive in future tours.

Yeah but you wouldn't be saying that IF YOU DIDN'T WIN and then you saw the same people just getting in each night you were there. But then I forgot about the dumb brocker friendly ticketing system over there.

In the Uk you just wait for rows 1 - 5 to become available again closer to show date, It always happens. You pay ur regular £160 per ticket and that's it. RIT and S&S (part2) were so easy to get mega close. DWT was the only killer because of the huge anticipation that had built over the years since TGS.

Mega fans from each city/country should be the ones giving Madonna a different kind of love each night in the triangle/pit - reflecting where she is in the world. NOT the same old people who are lucky/sad enough to travel to 30 shows and therefore get 30 (plus one or more ) wristbands.

Yeah but you wouldn't be saying that IF YOU DIDN'T WIN and then you saw the same people just getting in each night you were there. But then I forgot about the dumb brocker friendly ticketing system over there.

In the Uk you just wait for rows 1 - 5 to become available again closer to show date, It always happens. You pay ur regular £160 per ticket and that's it. RIT and S&S (part2) were so easy to get mega close. DWT was the only killer because of the huge anticipation that had built over the years since TGS.

Mega fans from each city/country should be the ones giving Madonna a different kind of love each night in the triangle/pit - reflecting where she is in the world. NOT the same old people who are lucky/sad enough to travel to 30 shows and therefore get 30 (plus one or more ) wristbands.

I won the first night in Houston via Twitter/Guy O (thanks in large part to all the MNation people tweeting for me... Thanks y'all!) and through Icon on night 2, and I saw the same faces both nights, and they were people I know for a fact weren't from Houston and had been to several other shows in the GT.

It wouldn't have been a bad thing except they looked and acted like the other people were beneath them. I wouldn't trade it, but I do agree there needs to be a more fair arrangement next time!

I won the first night in Houston via Twitter/Guy O (thanks in large part to all the MNation people tweeting for me... Thanks y'all!) and through Icon on night 2, and I saw the same faces both nights, and they were people I know for a fact weren't from Houston and had been to several other shows in the GT.

It wouldn't have been a bad thing except they looked and acted like the other people were beneath them. I wouldn't trade it, but I do agree there needs to be a more fair arrangement next time!

:thumbsup: Ryan, both handsome and clever, there was me thinking it was just me with those traits round here!

I think it was the Birmingham UK (the first to be all seated so no ipad needed) show in which just about all the wristbands were allocated to a mixture of Legacy / Live pass Iconers. From what I remember on that forum just about everyone who entered actually won. Then the rest were given to actual friends/family and the management's kind gesture to online supporters such as us here @ MNation whereby an allocation was given to nominated fans (that's how I got in - Hector sit on my face now thanks :wow: ) I think that was probably the fairest of all.

Then for the next show in Edinburgh (my show) it was back to a small allocation from Icon / the dreaded iPad lottery and, well, that leads to my lil triangle story!

We rolled up about 1 hr before the show started after a fabulous ride thru from Glasgow complete with the whole bus having a singalonga IC and GHV2. Oh it was great. I had some white wine smuggled in my water bottle that looked just like apple juice to the uninitiated so that helped me along (Madonna would have and I wish had played Hampden in my hometown Glasgow like everyone else does but the stadium turf was being protected for Olympic Games football that summer but a much better gig it would have been for it. Genteel Edinburgh's well....not exactly a music city, but anyway I digress)

So there's this big pub / beer garden across from the stadium and there's still some late sun out so we grab a drink and mingle and it gets to about 9pm and I tell everyone Her Madge won't be out till about 10pm when it's dark but let's go over anyway and soak up the atmosphere at the stadium. So we get to the turnstiles and there's one huge group of fans who'd been stuck waiting for Golden Circle wristbands to come from somewhere as they've bizarrely ran out of them. All these people from all over Scotland and from way up in the Highlands etc So we get chatting to them and they love our rough Glasgow accents and oh they were so damn excited when they saw our yellow triangle wristbands that we'd just collected from the friends and family area - asking how the hell we got them and how lucky we were and they'd die if it was them etc, all so nice and such big mega-fans who were just so happy she was finally playing here.

So we're able to cut through the Q as we don't need GC bands, we run to one of the many outdoor bars and get some drinks (they've already sold out of their 15,000 mini bottles of wine they tell us :rotfl:) so we get some beers and wander around soaking up the atmosphere admiring all the fabulous Susans and Virgins and Ditas and pointy bras and hot guys and funny drag queens. Of course you can't take booze into the triangle so we're standing just outside the little pathway right at the front of the stadium, it looks completely packed from our vantage point and the place is buzzing, I wish I'd taped a little vid on my phone but I didn't. Then this roar goes up as the band and dancers run by us towards the stage waving at everyone. They seem pleased at this reaction after the collective shrug that greeted their arrival at Hyde Park a few days before .... then a mega huge roar from the left hand stands as we see this car pull up behind and left of the stage and yes IT'S MADGE and that side of the stadium see her jumping out and stroll backstage. The place goes mental. Not much of a backstage pre-show prayer circle that evening as almost immediately the bell starts tolling and I'm like OMFG it's starting and it's only 9:15 and still daylight but I don't care cos THE QUEEN IS COMING so we swig our 4 bottles each (two in each hand, it's a sat night in Scotland afterall :tigerclaw: ) and we swagger down in front of that poor front row that's been standing there all day, we can feel the envy burn into us but oh well and we get in the triangle and....THERE THEY ARE.

That big mob of English punters who've already been in the London and Brum triangles. I recognise them from the old fanzine forums years ago as well as Icon recently. I know that they're ignorant and self-entitled and horrible. There's the fat stupid looking one, and the other fat female one with long dark curly hair who I remember pushing her way to the front row of the catwalk during Confessions and there's the dire stuck in the 90s camp one in sunshades and tipped bleach blond hair and so on. So this is Madonna's first show in Scotland and I swear there's not a Scottish accent to be heard in that triangle :scotland: but oh well. So we get to a nice spot in the middle and say hi and smile to a few people who look at us as if to say "shut up we're listening to the bells" then we notice this strange group of weirdos all in a row with their arms fixed to their sides with big huge rucksacks on their backs (Um the tourist bus to the castle is THAT way bitches ^) They wont move from that position the whole night and will just stand and stare motionless - those creepy fuckers.

We decide we need to get in front of these weirdos or i'll end up lamping them. So we move down a bit and there's some friendly faces, OMG someone from Edinburgh! "You missed the most amazing 90 minute soundcheck" he gushes, and "that DJ Alesso was fucking shite" he growls. Oh we love him already. Turns out he's one of the TEN or so people that got in on the ipad game that some surly woman in a bad wig did for 5 minutes before walking away from the poor buggers who'd sat there waiting all day. "How did you guys get in?" he wonders. "Oh my friend HECTOR is friends with Guy Oseary's PA" I say :queenbitch:. "Hector!?" he delares... looking suitable impressed. "And how did THEY get" in he deadpans, surveying half the ppl behind us. "Who Knows" I shrug... just as the stage lights flash and a mighty thunderclap bellows through the stadium - which the eager crowd echos with another hefty and appreciative roar.

Speaking of Guy, there he is behind the barrier his lil handheld shoot & click camera up in the air. Little did we know he was potentially shooting ULTRA HD ie, grainy as fuck footage for the the official DVD :chuckle: But who cares about that because here she comes, Our Holy Queen, reciting her sultry Act of Contrition. I know that piercing breaking glass is about to shatter and that thumping beat is about to kick in.....and we all know the rest..... :wow:

At that point, who really cared about the triangle inhabitants? We simply gravitated towards the people who were actually jumping and singing - all of us just glad of the camaraderie while that CERTAIN group pushed and prodded throughout each song as they knew all the best spots to be as Madge moved round the stage. Thankfully Madonna paid them absolutely no heed at all from what I could see but there was a lot of attention given to a girl in the front who I later learned was some rough burd but super mega fan who taught Madge to speak in a Scottish accent during souncheck. Too Cute.

So the moral of my lil tale? Keep the pit / triangle flowing with new and local blood each night and limit ppl to...maybe 5 at the most pit visits. That's got to be enough surely.

Ok, so it was a LONG triangle story but oh well :tigerclaw:

:thumbsup: Ryan, both handsome and clever, there was me thinking it was just me with those traits round here!

I think it was the Birmingham UK (the first to be all seated so no ipad needed) show in which just about all the wristbands were allocated to a mixture of Legacy / Live pass Iconers. From what I remember on that forum just about everyone who entered actually won. Then the rest were given to actual friends/family and the management's kind gesture to online supporters such as us here @ MNation whereby an allocation was given to nominated fans (that's how I got in - Hector sit on my face now thanks :wow: ) I think that was probably the fairest of all.

Then for the next show in Edinburgh (my show) it was back to a small allocation from Icon / the dreaded iPad lottery and, well, that leads to my lil triangle story!

We rolled up about 1 hr before the show started after a fabulous ride thru from Glasgow complete with the whole bus having a singalonga IC and GHV2. Oh it was great. I had some white wine smuggled in my water bottle that looked just like apple juice to the uninitiated so that helped me along (Madonna would have and I wish had played Hampden in my hometown Glasgow like everyone else does but the stadium turf was being protected for Olympic Games football that summer but a much better gig it would have been for it. Genteel Edinburgh's well....not exactly a music city, but anyway I digress)

So there's this big pub / beer garden across from the stadium and there's still some late sun out so we grab a drink and mingle and it gets to about 9pm and I tell everyone Her Madge won't be out till about 10pm when it's dark but let's go over anyway and soak up the atmosphere at the stadium. So we get to the turnstiles and there's one huge group of fans who'd been stuck waiting for Golden Circle wristbands to come from somewhere as they've bizarrely ran out of them. All these people from all over Scotland and from way up in the Highlands etc So we get chatting to them and they love our rough Glasgow accents and oh they were so damn excited when they saw our yellow triangle wristbands that we'd just collected from the friends and family area - asking how the hell we got them and how lucky we were and they'd die if it was them etc, all so nice and such big mega-fans who were just so happy she was finally playing here.

So we're able to cut through the Q as we don't need GC bands, we run to one of the many outdoor bars and get some drinks (they've already sold out of their 15,000 mini bottles of wine they tell us :rotfl:) so we get some beers and wander around soaking up the atmosphere admiring all the fabulous Susans and Virgins and Ditas and pointy bras and hot guys and funny drag queens. Of course you can't take booze into the triangle so we're standing just outside the little pathway right at the front of the stadium, it looks completely packed from our vantage point and the place is buzzing, I wish I'd taped a little vid on my phone but I didn't. Then this roar goes up as the band and dancers run by us towards the stage waving at everyone. They seem pleased at this reaction after the collective shrug that greeted their arrival at Hyde Park a few days before .... then a mega huge roar from the left hand stands as we see this car pull up behind and left of the stage and yes IT'S MADGE and that side of the stadium see her jumping out and stroll backstage. The place goes mental. Not much of a backstage pre-show prayer circle that evening as almost immediately the bell starts tolling and I'm like OMFG it's starting and it's only 9:15 and still daylight but I don't care cos THE QUEEN IS COMING so we swig our 4 bottles each (two in each hand, it's a sat night in Scotland afterall :tigerclaw: ) and we swagger down in front of that poor front row that's been standing there all day, we can feel the envy burn into us but oh well and we get in the triangle and....THERE THEY ARE.

That big mob of English punters who've already been in the London and Brum triangles. I recognise them from the old fanzine forums years ago as well as Icon recently. I know that they're ignorant and self-entitled and horrible. There's the fat stupid looking one, and the other fat female one with long dark curly hair who I remember pushing her way to the front row of the catwalk during Confessions and there's the dire stuck in the 90s camp one in sunshades and tipped bleach blond hair and so on. So this is Madonna's first show in Scotland and I swear there's not a Scottish accent to be heard in that triangle :scotland: but oh well. So we get to a nice spot in the middle and say hi and smile to a few people who look at us as if to say "shut up we're listening to the bells" then we notice this strange group of weirdos all in a row with their arms fixed to their sides with big huge rucksacks on their backs (Um the tourist bus to the castle is THAT way bitches ^) They wont move from that position the whole night and will just stand and stare motionless - those creepy fuckers.

We decide we need to get in front of these weirdos or i'll end up lamping them. So we move down a bit and there's some friendly faces, OMG someone from Edinburgh! "You missed the most amazing 90 minute soundcheck" he gushes, and "that DJ Alesso was fucking shite" he growls. Oh we love him already. Turns out he's one of the TEN or so people that got in on the ipad game that some surly woman in a bad wig did for 5 minutes before walking away from the poor buggers who'd sat there waiting all day. "How did you guys get in?" he wonders. "Oh my friend HECTOR is friends with Guy Oseary's PA" I say :queenbitch:. "Hector!?" he delares... looking suitable impressed. "And how did THEY get" in he deadpans, surveying half the ppl behind us. "Who Knows" I shrug... just as the stage lights flash and a mighty thunderclap bellows through the stadium - which the eager crowd echos with another hefty and appreciative roar.

Speaking of Guy, there he is behind the barrier his lil handheld shoot & click camera up in the air. Little did we know he was potentially shooting ULTRA HD ie, grainy as fuck footage for the the official DVD :chuckle: But who cares about that because here she comes, Our Holy Queen, reciting her sultry Act of Contrition. I know that piercing breaking glass is about to shatter and that thumping beat is about to kick in.....and we all know the rest..... :wow:

At that point, who really cared about the triangle inhabitants? We simply gravitated towards the people who were actually jumping and singing - all of us just glad of the camaraderie while that CERTAIN group pushed and prodded throughout each song as they knew all the best spots to be as Madge moved round the stage. Thankfully Madonna paid them absolutely no heed at all from what I could see but there was a lot of attention given to a girl in the front who I later learned was some rough burd but super mega fan who taught Madge to speak in a Scottish accent during souncheck. Too Cute.

So the moral of my lil tale? Keep the pit / triangle flowing with new and local blood each night and limit ppl to...maybe 5 at the most pit visits. That's got to be enough surely.

Ok, so it was a LONG triangle story but oh well :tigerclaw:

that is a great story! I went to 4 MDNA shows, Boston Dallas and both Houston shows, so to see the same emaciated little queen with his handmade Vogue costume and size 13 training pumps on in Houston both nights (after seeing his west coast triangle tour in the same costume) I first wondered if he got it dry cleaned, then I wondered what airline he works for to travel around the country on the MDNA tour. Triangle Bitch, indeed!

At my shows there was some girl behind me that said she was at so many shows. She put her purse on the ground and I pretty much stomped on it all night jumping up and down for the queen and this female got an attitude about her disaster purse and I told her to get over it or leave lol

so to see the same emaciated little queen with his handmade Vogue costume and size 13 training pumps on in Houston both nights (after seeing his west coast triangle tour in the same costume) I first wondered if he got it dry cleaned, then I wondered what airline he works for to travel around the country on the MDNA tour. Triangle Bitch, indeed!

:rotfl: All time worst. I'm sure there was loads of skanky F******G 4 WRISTBANDS going on all the time. I mean just ask Suedehead and Get Unconscious :sassy:

Oh and note to self - GO TO BED when you get in from the pub instead of waffling on and on online about god knows what ^^^ :rotfl:

At my shows there was some girl behind me that said she was at so many shows. She put her purse on the ground and I pretty much stomped on it all night jumping up and down for the queen and this female got an attitude about her disaster purse and I told her to get over it or leave lol

:rotfl:

Thanks for sharing your story Kim, very interesting. i love Madonna speaking with a Scottish accent

Who here fucked Oseary for a wristband? Confess!

i didn't, BUT i remeber for the 1st Amterdam show there was a guy wearing a "Guy Oseary is GOD" shirt, Hari Krishna Style with coin beads and bracelets and M addresses this "sighting" during the soundcheck of that show. It was so weird that my eyes just started rolling uncontrollably