More iconic: Like a Prayer or Vogue?

madonnasuperfan01

You're taking the piss, but "I Know It" is life.

:wow: @ when she spits out that final "come on BABY! You can't fool ME!" at the tail end of the fade.

Heaven yes!

Naughties pecking order:

1. Music
  2. Hung Up
  3. 4 Minutes

+1.

I mean, obviously. I could see someone making an argument for HU, but 4M has no business even being listed alongside those two songs. It's like listening to Celebration, which starts with "Hung Up," then "Music," then "Vogue," and then....

elephant20shit1.jpg

Live a Prayer for the song and Vogue for the vdo. ( I have always thought LAP's vdo was a bit shit )

Live a Prayer for the song and Vogue for the vdo. ( I have always thought LAP's vdo was a bit shit )

Actually I think LAP video is more powerful.

Vogue is more stylish, but no so emotional.

More iconic: Vogue

More popular: Like A Prayer

I think it's impossible though to make a completely accurate list of her most popular songs in order, because the success of some songs obviously varied highly between different countries. In Europe, Hung Up was exceptionally huge and is remembered much more than Music by now IMO. Things in the US obviously look different.

LAP seems to be the one EVERYBODY likes.

But

I think the most iconic image of her career is that still from the Vogue video with her hands in the "vogue pose" in front of her face.

Vogue is probably her most iconic video period. It's always in the top ten of "best video of all time" lists.

"Like A Prayer". I don't know anyone who doesn't love that song. It's the type of song everyone of all ages,races,etc. loved and connected with. Even my Grandmother loves it. That song had a huge impact. Of course "Vogue" was huge and iconic. I love "Vogue". However the impact of LAP is something else and I believe if you asked the general public, they'd name it as their fave Madonna song. Either that or "Like a Virgin" but yeah LAP is everything!

With all the various YouTube accounts combines the LAP video has about 16 million views

It was officially uploaded twice, first by Warners then by Madonna

It also has a bunch of unofficial uploads.

Actually I think LAP video is more powerful.

Vogue is more stylish, but no so emotional.

I didn't like the production / editing on LAP vdo. As a song it's one of her most powerful songs if not THE most powerful song .

Definitely LAP. Vogue was great, of course, and probably a bigger hit at the time (I remember it was the best-selling single of 1990), but it's also more of the time and, consequently, more dated. The Vogue dance craze didn't really last for that long, and Madonna no longer even does it when she performs the song live. Like a Prayer is just more timeless, and therefore, more iconic, at least in my opinion.