Remixed & Revisited EP Appreciation

horn

Which songs on Remixed & Revisited EP you like most?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Songs that you like on Remixed & Revisited EP:

• Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)
    • Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
    • Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)
    • American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
    • Like A Virgin/Hollywood Medley (2003 MTV VMA Performance)
    • Into The Hollywood Groove (The Passengerz Mix)
    • Your Honesty
    • None
  2. 2. Songs that you dislike on Remixed & Revisited EP:

• Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)
    • Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
    • Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)
    • American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)
    • Like A Virgin/Hollywood Medley (2003 MTV VMA Performance)
    • Into The Hollywood Groove (The Passengerz Mix)
    • Your Honesty
    • None
  3. 3. Overall score for Remixed & Revisited EP

Honestly, I like most of the remixes & "Your Honesty" except "Like A Virgin/Hollywood Medley" & "Into The Hollywood Groove". Both "Hollywood" mashed songs are shit!

Your thoughts on R&R EP? :1251:

It should have been a free release! :lmao:

It's not bad, it has good content. It was just very unnecessary. Should have been a 4 disc collection if you ask me....

Love this EP! I adore the remix of Love Profusion. I wish she would sing that live once. The remixes are interesting. Personally, I find the standard house/club/techno remixes really boring.

Thought I was the only person who still listens to this. Love AL album & this was a real treat to have four great remixes from the album.

ITG mix and unreleased YH are pretty good songs as well. Don't really like LAV/Hollywood Melody

Personally I think R&R EP is very Rock 'n Roll (minus LAVHollywood, ITGHollywood & YH).

And because of Headcleanr Rock Mix, I still have respect for AL. It's not a bad song actually but the album version is shit.

Why did she leave Your Honesty out of Bedtime Stories when it's possibly one of the strongest tracks on the album?

The production is also a lot better than the other uptempo songs on BS. I wish they re-did the album in the same fashon

Why did she leave Your Honesty out of Bedtime Stories when it's possibly one of the strongest tracks on the album?

The production is also a lot better than the other uptempo songs on BS. I wish they re-did the album in the same fashon

Some said it doesn't fit into BS.

Guest bluejean

Some said it doesn't fit into BS.

Don't Stop although cringe inducing has more of a hooky chorus imo. So perhaps that was why.

Love it everything. But not the nasty cheap as asshole artwork and the Hollywood live and Hollywood Groove - just doesn't work

Agreed. Everything is perfect otherwise.

I wish 2.5 stars was an option -- that's what I'd give it.

I love that we got an EP and I love the idea of revisiting an album with a rock remix theme rather than some cheap club mixes that will sound dated in two months' time.

The four rock remixes are great. I actually prefer this version of "Love Profusion" to the album version, which was bland at best.

But the other three tracks...? WTF?

Tossing on a recent live performance is fine, I guess. But this particular live performance was only noteworthy for the kiss, which you can't see on an audio track...

Including a remix with a poorly-rewritten chorus that was done for a terrible jeans ad is stupidly bad.

Tossing on a seven-year-old unreleased track is random, but I love "Bedtime Stories" and this track is gorgeous. Just wildly out of place.

All in all... a 2.5 star effort. I'd have preferred she cut the last three tracks and just give us more rock remixes. "I'm So Stupid" needed a good kick ass rock remix at the very least.

I got this as a Christmas gift the year it came out. I still enjoy it. I think rock mixes are a good idea for Madonna but I wouldn't want a rock produced album from her. I still prefer most of the album versions from American Life.

I did however enjoy Into the Hollywood Groove during its time and Your Honesty is still top notch.

1. Nothing Fails (Nevins Mix)

By far the best official remix of "Nothing Fails", though it's not as strong as the album version.

2. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

The best track of the entire release - and the best version of the song, IMO. Even better than the album version.

I really don't understand why this didn't make the RIT setlist instead of "Material Girl".

3. Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Old School Mix)

Apart from the Above & Beyond 12" Mix, I don't really like any of the NKM remixes.

This particular remix is no different. In fact, I prefer his Italo Kiss Mix over this.

4. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

Basically, I consider all official AL remixes to be better than the album version.

This is my favourite of them all, even though it omits the verses entirely.

5. Like a Virgin / Hollywood Medley (feat. Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears & Missy Elliott) (2003 MTV VMA Performance)

This isn't bad as such - but I would have preferred a full vocal version of Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duck Mix instead.

6. Into the Hollywood Groove (feat. Missy Elliott) (The Passengerz Mix)

I actually like this remix. However, I think it's just a bit weird that Madonna kind of duets with herself on this mix, since it features both 1985 and 2003 vocals.

7. Your Honesty

Not the best track on the release, but I don't get why it didn't make the final cut on BS.

Btw, the EP originally peaked at #16 on the Danish Top 40 Singles Chart upon its release in 2003, but re-entered the chart at #3 in August 2006, when Madonna performed in Denmark for the very first time.

She thought it was too "hip hop," so she chose to put Don't Stop on instead.