What's your least favorite opening song on a M's album?

TearsInHeaven

120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your least favorite opening song on a M's album?

• Lucky Star
    • Material Girl
    • Papa Don't Preach
    • LIke a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Survival
    • Drowned World (My Substitute for Love)
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Hung Up
    • Candy Shop
    • Girl Gone Wild

hahahaah. The only thing i like about CS is the magnificient live rendition in MDNA Tour.

I also prefer the S&S live version. Or at least the studio mix (I hardly ever listen to that live album or watch the DVD). The drums are more complex, her vocals are higher in the mix, and that "Candy Girl" intro is cool. Basically anything other than that dreadful album mix would be better though.

Guest Not4Pussies

OYH opens True Blue for me in my ipod.

GGW is a good opener, BUT the song feels like an edit at times. the intro could have been a tad bit longer and more dramatic. some strings perhaps??

I first thought it was a poll for the best opener and i voted Erotica since i think the scratches at the beginning are perfect. Then i realised i was wrong and it was the worst opener track so i changed my vote and i voted for FUCKING girl gone wild. I didn't know i could EVER hate a Madonna song. I just want to murder it.

Guest Not4Pussies

this is about what is the least favorite opener not if you like the songs or not. I love PDP but for MEEEEE i prefer OYH as an opener.

This was so difficult. I love all of those album openers. The bottom two I chose were Lucky Star and Erotica, because I felt they were kind of slow openers. I voted Erotica by a very little margin between the two (Lucky Star).

Guest Rachelle of London

I think survival is the perfect opener. It's telling the haters that she's still here. She survived (after Erotica backlash) the way it ends with secret starting is genius imo

15 votes for my beloved American Life :(

I've never been an "American Life" fan -- song or album (though recently I've warmed to the rest of the album) -- but it is the perfect song to open that album. It's harsh, messy, in-your-face -- it is the perfect introduction to that album.